Hawktalon

The Heros of Olympus

I searched and didn't find this.

Calling all Percy Jackson fans! There's a new series by Rick Riordan, about more demigods and a new quest! There are new main characters, but the old ones are still here. It's called The Lost Hero. At first I wasn't too keen on adding Roman mythology too. But it all fits together well in the end. Any one else read it?

Edited by Hawktalon

Whoo! Next book!

Still have too read his latest works your talking about, but I'll get to it eventually!

I got it with lots of begging. *grin*

The only part I liked was the mix of Greek/Roman things.

In my opinion, it could've been better.

Ah, what's it mainly about? I've been meaning to pick that book up, but haven't had the time.

Also, isn't there another book Riordan wrote? I believe it was called "Red Pyramids"

ah!!. i just posted about this!. lmao.

ironic that someone made a topic for it right away. lol.

this looks like a really good book. i have only heard a little about it but still. Rick Riordan is amazing. so the book has to be good. lol.

All my friends are reading it, so I'm just waiting for someone to finish and lend me the book. =P Heard that Thalia has a new brother~

LUCKY.

My friend has finished hers, I really want to read it but I'm afraid to ask to borrow it since I've borrowed three books from her in the past five days. D:

Anyway, I'm glad it's not from Percy's point of view.

I'm also picking up Eragon. ^^

She'll probably let you borrow it if you've been giving her the books back when you're finished with them.

I actually didn't like this quite as much. I've always had the preference of Greek over Roman mythology, and I don't like the swap between perspectives. I also really miss Percy, actually. He grew on me.

I also really miss Percy, actually. He grew on me.

I feel that way about books too. I don't like when a new series comes along and the main character changes, especially if you like/are-used to the main character. This happened to me on the warriors series, and in New Prophecy Brambleclaw and some others were main chars(and I didn't like most, if not all of them..)

Edited by Adoxy

Pretty good, but the idea of a rival camp to the Greeks pisses me off.

Majorly.

not becuase it's a bad idea, but THEY SHOULD KNOW that Greek gods PWN with a capital P Roman gods.

They completely mooched off the Greeks.

But other than that, it was pretty good.

LIked PJ&O better though xd.png

I MISS PERCY TOO sad.gif The end (spoilers) about him being in the roman camp and having no idea where he is made me sad. BRING HIM BACK RIGHT NAO. RESTORE MEMORY. sad.gif

Yeah, she's nice. I just feel guilty for borrowing so many books. X3

Actually, I was hoping the new series would be from Annabeth's point of view. o.O

Personally, that would be hard to write. I barely understand him. o.O But that would be interesting. The only reason I want it to be from Annabeth's point of view is 'cause she's so smart and all, I wonder how she thinks and stuff.

And how she feels about Percy. /shot

Which reminds me - where are Percy and Annabeth in the Lost Hero?

EXACTLY. I MISS PERCY. bring him back, Riordan. sad.gif Percabeth was awesome.

I never was a fan of Rachel in the first place dry.gif

All I can think is how suspenseful that plot twist at the end is.

I WANT THE SECOND BOOK NOW TT_TT

Picked it up a few days ago, and finished it the day I got it.

I have to say, the books okay, but the fact that Percy is missing = failure.

And to end it right when they figure out where he is = double fail.

Not the sort of cliffhanger I like. I would have liked it if Riordan even bothered to go Percy's point of view, or maybe even Annabeth. Also, where was Nico? :\

Ah, I see. Yay Annabeth. How old is she? =P

Jason, Leo and Piper arrived at camp half blood.. A little over a year ago after The Last Olympian. So she's probally 16-18. I think Percy is the same age as her.

Although, I think she's 17.

EDIT:

Alright, nevermind. Just counted 5 books in the Percy Jackson Series, and they were 12 years old(I think) in the first book. So she should be 18, same for Percy.

Edited by Adoxy

Oh, I see. Grew a little. X3 For some reason I was imagining, like, a really big time-skip...like when she and Percy are.../shot

LOL when she first appeared I thought she was in her 20s. And when she appeared I THEN started to wonder where Percy was. o.o. My first impression of the book was that Piper was the daughter of Annabeth and Percy, and Percy got captured by some evil crap. So they had to save him.

But I was wrong..

Completely wrong.