Hawktalon

The Heros of Olympus

I was a bit confused at first. Also, about there parents.... weird choice for Piper. I thought it would be Ares or Apollo or something. But I must say making /SPOILERS/ Jason Thalia's sister was a pretty good plot twist. It also will give him more ways to make the Greek and Roman camps connect.

ALSO:

"Climb the mountain. Kill everything except Piper's dad. Leave."

Best.Gameplan.Ever.

Percy is in the Roman demigod camp, and has no idea who he is. Edited by roobot

....err.....sorry. -facepalm-

I can't believe I forgot to do that xd.png

Well basically, Jason's the supposed reincarnation of the hero Jason from Greek/Roman Mythology Jason and the Argonauts. But he's really the son of JUPITER not ZEUS. Jupiter appeared to the mother in ROMAN form and, well, yeah. So then Jason was born, and then he was shipped off to the Roman camp, which we find out exists. Camp Half Blood isn't the only camp with half bloods-- there's a camp with Roman ones too. So the Gods have (unbeknownst to the half-bloods) sent over Jason as some sort of peace offering to the Half bloods camp with Greek mythology (wiped his memories) and the same thing has happened with percy.

This majorly pisses me off because GREEKS PWN ROMANS. End of story, goodbye.

any questions?

I mean, latin's an awesome language, but when you get down to it, Greek Gods and Goddesses PWN PWN PWN (did I mention pwn?) Roman ones.

They completely mooched off Greeks' and called them their own. T_T

Well, at least we weren't expecting that. I suppose Rick Riordan was running out of ideas. ;_;

And last time I heard, the whole thing about the giants is false.

Highlight for white.

the whole thing that Riordan had about each Giant being made specifically to kill a God never does happen in myths.

I mean, not as far as I'm aware of.

Whole load of bull****.

I mean, perhaps the whole assembling army of giants thing wasn't exactly true (but the giants were still there), they just were...there.

They weren't made to kill the gods.

They were just...there!

Giants? Oh goody.

Who was that giant in the end of the Last Olympian again?

Was he destroyed?

In the end of the Last Olympian. Started with a T. I think. Edited by Stunningfire

Meh, I don't remember D:

And apparently the Titan's base mountain (i think it was Mount Othrys) didn't crumble on its own. The Greeks fought the battle at Manhattan while the Romans took down the Titan's base.)

Now I'm really confused, but that's to be expected. What's the second book in this series?

What's the series even called? /shot

In the end of the Last Olympian. Started with a T. I think.

I think it was Typhon? The Titan, not the giant.

The series is called the Heroes of Olympus. According to Wikipedia, next book's called The Son of Neptune. Three guesses to who that is, although I might be wrong because that would be really obvious.

Anyways, haven't read the Lost Hero and wasn't planning to, but it sounds mildly interesting enough that I'll see if I can get a copy from my friends to read. I didn't really want Percy to come back in this series, but eh, whatever. At least it's different?

Also, I'm confused. Are the Roman gods another form of the Greek gods (read: same personality and the likes), or are they entirely different beings? I really don't get the Roman part. Didn't Chiron or D or whatever say something about the Greek gods moving with the heart of civilization, never changing with each move? Wouldn't their transition to the Romans be the same thing as them transitioning into America/England/choose whatever country?

Typhon, yes, that was it.

I think Romans are some different thing entirely, but I'm not sure since I haven't read it.

I'll explain in white.

The Romans basically took Greek culture and added onto it to make it their own. And changed the names.

But the essence of each God or Goddess is still very mucht he same.

SOOOO, now, in the US, the Greek god or goddess has a Roman form.

This is new knowledge to the old halfbloods that we know osowell from the PJ&O series.

Jason (DO NOT READ ON IF YOU DO NOT WANT ANY MORE SPOILERS FROM ME) was conceived by Zeus's Roman form-- Jupiter. That is why he thinks in Roman ways (and the other reason for his thinking in roman ways is the fact that he was...well, yeah, the roman camp and all.

I mean, what's the point of making more gods that are more or less the same as the Greeks?

Yeah D:

but I do kinda like the latin language more than greek.. |D

anyhow, any thoughts on Piper x Jason? (for those who read the series xd.png)

Hey! I just realized something! (minor spoiler- you find this out towards the beginning)Piper is the daughter of Aphrodite, and her weapon is named Katropis- Mirror!