Hawktalon

The Heros of Olympus

emeraldbunni: OMG YES. THAT MADE ME EXTREMELY MAD.

What made me REALLY made was the fact Percy lost the Greek blessing. You know the one I mean. =P

*points at her member title* Been wanting to do this for awhile. xd.png

Edited by evangeline5432

it would be boring if he didnt lose the greek blessing because the book would be boring

the only bit i did not like about the second book was that nico new about the roman camp but can wait for the mark of Athena

Edited by thesatan666

What made me REALLY made was the fact Percy lost the Greek blessing. You know the one I mean. =P

*points at her member title* Been wanting to do this for awhile. xd.png

Well, really, if he didn't lose it, he'd be all invincible and stuff and be able to do all the fighting without really being in danger. I'm glad that he lost it, but I think he could have lost it a bit more... creatively. You know, instead of just 'Oh, you crossed this river into Roman territory now you're not invincible any more HA HA.' something that made more sense. I don't know what, but something else.

As for the Wisdom's daughter walks alone, the mark of Athena burns through Rome prophecy could refer to ELLA? I mean, the prophecy doesn't have to mean the literal daughter of Athena. Ella could certainly be the figurative 'daughter of Wisdom.' And Ella also remembers everything she's read, including those books Octavian was after, (I forget what they're called) and she randomly recites what she's read, so she could say the wrong thing in front of Octavian, who could use that info to take of Camp Jupiter.

This post is full of spoilers--

So, does anyone else think it's hilarious that Hera dropped Jason into Camp Halfblood maybe five, six months before he'd be able to get back to Camp Roman specifically because he'd need that much time to really start to trust the Greek demigods whereas Percy is in Camp Roman for about a day before he gets sent on a quest and by the time the week is out is just as invested at Camp Roman as Jason is in Camp Halfblood?

Also, weren't those grain spirits adorable?

This post is full of spoilers--

So, does anyone else think it's hilarious that Hera dropped Jason into Camp Halfblood maybe five, six months before he'd be able to get back to Camp Roman specifically because he'd need that much time to really start to trust the Greek demigods whereas Percy is in Camp Roman for about a day before he gets sent on a quest and by the time the week is out is just as invested at Camp Roman as Jason is in Camp Halfblood?

Also, weren't those grain spirits adorable?

Actually, I think it was because Leo needed to build the Argo II, and Hera wanted Leo/Piper/Jason to all be a part of seven, and she wanted them to trust each other better. Jason trusted the Greeks by the time his quest was over, the Greeks just needed time to build the Argo II. Although, when you put it that way it is really funny.

I've read the first and second book! Percy is awesome! Anyone who says Frank is awesomer than Percy will .. I don't know, but it'll be horrible! Everybody in the first book sucks except for Leo. In the second book I hate Frank and I think that Hades girl (what was her name?) is weird. Percy is awesome! xd.png

Although I agreed that Hazel and Frank aren't nearly as awesome as Percy... why you be mean to Piper and Jason? But, really, the characters in the two different books play the exact same role. Leo and Frank are sorta the side guys with the secret (Fire powers for Leo and the burning stick for Frank), Hazel and Piper are the girls with something to do with the giants (Piper was working for the Athena giant, and Hazel built the Hades giant), and Jason and Percy are the exchanges, the leaders, etc.

Jason is one of the "new" characters that Rick made up. I am not that easily won by new characters. Jason . . . he's just. . . argh! @-@ I don't know how to explain it. I just don't like him. Piper, she's too shallow and conceited for my liking.

Jason... he's not bad, although making him Thalia's brother... I don't know. It make the story more interesting, but... I dunno. I like Piper though. She's much better than the other Aphrodite demigods. Stupid Aphrodite kids.

I thought it was really good, just like the previous series. Part of me thinks Riaordan is planning to combine The Heroes of Olympus and The Kane Chronicles, based on references made to Olympus and the Greeks in both books in the Kane Chronicles. Anyone who's read them will know what I'm talking about.

I also thought it was hilarious that Iris ran a natural health food store and dressed like a hippie.

And just to be nit-pickity, it's heroes, not heros. Heroes refers to people, whereas heros is many sandwiches.

HAS ANYONE ELSE REALIZED THAT THE FIRST CHAPTER OF THE MARK OF ATHENA HAS BEEN RELEASED!?!? *starts breathing really fast*

Here it is:

Written

And... it's in Annabeth's point of view. Yes. YES. YES! That must mean she's going to Rome. It doesn't necessary mean she's one of the seven... but it must mean she's at least going to Rome. With Percy. YES! Percybeth laugh.gif And it also means she's important. The 'present' could be the Mark of Athena...

And I change my mind. I now agree with Annabeth that Jason is too perfect.

OMG! I don't want to read it yet though. Might change, and I don't want to have tp wait half a year for the rest. Temptation was too strong xd.png

This is random, but I predict a Heroes of Olympus/Kane Chronicles merger; just finished the Kane Chronicles final book (Serpent's Shadow) and noticed them mentioning the rare occasion that the Egyptian gods, goddesses, and Magicians sometimes run into other gods and goddesses, as well as their equivalents of the magicians (I.E. Demigods). Also, Drewand Lacy make cameo appearances in SS.

Edited by PieMaster

No, I think Rick Riordan said he wouldn't at the Serpent's Shadow release night (I love Youtube) because it's to hard to keep track of one set of gods or something. I'm not sure, but I think he said something like that.

Bump...?

Oh, and look what he said on Myth and Mystery:

Q @TheSwiftFactor ARE YOU PLANNING A CROSSOVER? (Kane/Heroes).

A: If I did, that would be way down the line. Heroes & Norse series first.

So he might to a crossover. Might.

And there is more MoA out! (I realized this a long time ago, but forgot to post.) Link

OMG! I don't want to read it yet though. Might change, and I don't want to have tp wait half a year for the rest. Temptation was too strong xd.png

This is random, but I predict a Heroes of Olympus/Kane Chronicles merger; just finished the Kane Chronicles final book (Serpent's Shadow) and noticed them mentioning the rare occasion that the Egyptian gods, goddesses, and Magicians sometimes run into other gods and goddesses, as well as their equivalents of the magicians (I.E. Demigods). Also, Drewand Lacy make cameo appearances in SS.

Same. There were several other references to "other gods" in the earlier books too... But remind me again: who's Drewand Lacy?

I finished Mark of Athena and made a sound that was somewhere between a wail, a scream, and a whimper.

Like, seriously.

Rickhangers are horrible.

I finished Mark of Athena and made a sound that was somewhere between a wail, a scream, and a whimper.

Like, seriously.

Rickhangers are horrible.

I agree. Why does every book have to take so long? Now I'm living off of "Gods read Percy Jackson" fanfics.

I agree. Why does every book have to take so long? Now I'm living off of "Gods read Percy Jackson" fanfics.

Haha yes, thank goodness for fanfics =D

I liked them, but the last one was the best so far.

Spoiler in white:

They could have saved Annabeth and Percy!

One of the best things about the first series was they had good endings. People want to know what happens next, but they don't leave you hanging. The Heroes of Olympus is the exact opposite. A got a copy of Mark of Athena a few days after it came out and finished it two days later.

Worst. ending. EVER.*spoiler alert* You'll want to strangle Rick Riordan by the end of this book.

It's one thing for a book that isn't that popular to have cliff hangers because it gets readers hooked. but if you already have millions of people counting down to the release date, you don't need them! The only thing that will happen is the author will have to close his email account, facebook, twitter, change his phone number and address and all other form of communication to avoid hate mail

...Rick Riordan is like known for his cliffhangers. tongue.gif But yeah I agree. DON'T LEAVE US HANGING SO MUCH ASDFGHJKL