prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

I hope this doesn't count as double-posting, but it is a month since I last posted, so I hope it does not.

Anybody here planning to do camp NaNo?

Hmmm. I might join the April one, but more likely than not I'll be doing the July one. At least most final projects are due the first week of April for me, so I'll finally have time to write. xd.png

I'm making a halfhearted attempt at a first draft for the thing I plan to do in November.

Can't do the July one, though; busy with MathCamp and road trips.

I'll do it, but July and not April. I have exams in May and June, so there's no way that I can spend April writing.

I'm doing Camp. I'm like a day ahead, wordcount-wise, but I'm already feeling that burnout... I haven't written anything in over half a year, and I'm not really sure I'm in the mindspace to actually do the whole month, but I'm trying just for the sake of writing again.

Anyone starting to plan for November yet? I haven't done NaNo in a while, but I'm determined to write a novel I like this year. Onward with planning!

I don't even know if I'll have enough time, but if plan number one doesn't work (a supernatural murder investigation that takes place in my town, which saves a lot of research time, because I know my town), I'll write some Lost fanficion.

Edited by Raistlin24

I have two ideas floating around, one a dark YA and one a science fiction. Not sure which one I'm going to end up going with.

I'm going to try (again!) this year. I have literally a half-dozen possible ideas to choose to work with, but haven't decided on one, or if I'll wing it or what. I'm going to a NNWM prep workshop on Tuesday, hoping to at least meet some locals who are doing NNWM.

I'm going to try (again!) this year. I have literally a half-dozen possible ideas to choose to work with, but haven't decided on one, or if I'll wing it or what. I'm going to a NNWM prep workshop on Tuesday, hoping to at least meet some locals who are doing NNWM.

Sounds fun! I've always wanted to meet locals who do NaNoWriMo, and have even joined a facebook group dedicated to scheduling write-ins, but I'm always too scared to go because I'd probably be the youngest person there.

I'm pretty sure the YA plot that popped into my head a few days ago is the one I'm going to go with. Just need to get it outlined....

I checked out a writer's workbook from the library, basically a book full of prompts, to push myself to get back into the habit of writing every day. Last year was the first year since I started NaNo back in 2003 that I didn't participate at all; I was in a really bad place last November. Things are looking up now and although I don't have any NaNo-worthy ideas at the moment I'm excited just to get back into the routine of writing.

*does a double-take* Omg it revamped already? Ack ack ack November is coming too soon! My muse is still flittering about taunting me with mere *tidbits* of ideas.

I think I'll be sitting this year out, what with job searches and heavy school projects going on at the same time. :0 Such a shame.

I think I could try to write this year, since I've had a couple of ideas that have been kicking around in my brain for a couple of years now.

The only problem is that I have no idea, how to make a story 50k words long, from those small ideas.

Oh man, I'm getting nervous. Last year was my first time ever completing/winning Nano so I'm afraid I won't reach that goal again. I thought I knew which story I wanted to write, but the closer we get to November the more I'm uncertain which story I want to write. Ugh.

One year I just wasn't feeling the NaNo vibe, so I decided not to do it. Got an idea on the 5th day and decided to run with it. Won. It's possible!

It's looking like I'm going to be a pantser this year. Some years I have detailed outlines, some years I have absolutely no clue what I'm writing when the 1st comes around. I was poking at an idea but it's not giving me any more ideas, so... Meh.

How is everyone doing?? I've gotten a bit of a buffer going these first few days, ended yesterday at 6.9k. Today, however, I'm just not feeling it. I've written approx. 400 words and it's just not coming. The story itself is... Weak. I'm doing some serious wordpadding, stuff that doesn't *need* to be so detailed, but it's fun to write so who cares.

I dunno if people are being active and stuff on this thread, but I'm doing Nano for the first time this year and I'm having a great time so far! trying not to be too critical, just getting the story out on paper even though it's hard, and I've been good and writing pretty much every day if I can. I'm on track to 'win' this month, although if i manage to write every day for the rest of the month, I'mg considering myself a winner regardless of word count xd.png

Well, I'm handwriting my next novel attempt, since the internet is way too distracting when I'm at the computer, so I'm not sure where my word count ended up being. I'm a very slow writer, but I try every year anyway, and never make it, haha.

This year I actually did write a good amount, ending at thirty pages and a short story of a decent length. I doubt I made the goal, but I'm just happy I made some progress.

Well, I failed to make 50K this year.

I knew it would be tough going, since this year I'm employed full time complete with obnoxious commute time as a bonus. (Previous NaNos I've either been unemployed, self-employed, or working part time.) I did make 35K plus, so I'm not entirely unhappy with my progress. Unfortunately, there were a few too many evenings when I quite literally fell asleep at the computer, waking up three hours and a very stiff neck later, with only 400 or so coherent words typed. (And yes, I occasionally typed in my sleep. Sometimes even in real words, although they weren't at all related to my story. But mostly gibberish.)

That said, the story is probably 85% finished, so the new goal is to get it done before New Year's Eve.