prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

*Only writes his novel when no one else is in the room*

This is why I've only made it to 1209 words on the first day.

Hello, fellow NaNoWriMo participants! I don't have a plot, theme, or even a setting, really... just a title and a few character sheets. I think I'm just going to start them all off at a masquerade ball, somehow get the protagonist tossed in jail, and let the characters write the rest until they're all out of ideas. That way I can put off having to rely on my own cunning (or lack thereof) for as long as possible!

If anyone needs someone to bounce ideas off of or whatever, I'm here for you. In fact, I'm here way more than I should be.

*tabs back into Word*

How's everyone else doing so far? ^^ This is the first year I've actually kept on track! Just a little over 15k right now. I'm excited! Apparently if you become a winner, you can get 2 free paperback copies of your book by next summer. The thought of holding my work in my hands in the form of an actual book has really put the fire back in my fingers!

I'm at a bit over 2 k. I'm not seriously trying to do Nano and reach the 50 k, because I know it won't be realistically possible to even try this year, but I wanted to do something. I'll be happy if I reach 8-10 k.

Just passed the 5k mark! I'll really have to up my game for the second half, haha. For me though I think 50k is still more realistic than me actually finishing my novel. I have no idea what's going to happen from here on and I'm afraid if I just write I'll never actually resolve anything. (Zero idea what I'm even writing from here on I'm just BSing my way there lol)

I do NOT want to see this published, oh man. That is a prize I would not like.

Current word count is 16,575. Ahead of the game in NaNo terms, but behind where I was hoping to be as of now. Gotta stop getting distracted by checking on my fantasy football teams every ten minutes all day on Sundays.

My current count is 17,358... so much better than the first year I did this. I think I got 2000 words my first year. Derp. Probably be doing better if I wasn't such a perfectionist.

Why why why are space operas so hard to write, they shouldn't be so hard, I'm not even remotely conforming to scientific accuracy. And I have only three chapters done. THREE CHAPTERS. 17,000 words, and only three chapters. This is going to take much longer than one NaNoWriMo.

This is my absurd novel of a 'short synopsis and excerpt'... sigh and facepalm.

Dragon Cave is the ultimate form of procrastination.

Edited by Lumikkja

I'm at 9349 words :/ So much better than where I was at last year though. I'm literally swamped with school and homework and stuff like that so...

Anyone wanna trade novel intro crits? Current count at just over 1600... :/

PM me! biggrin.gif

Welp, one week left and I am... almost exactly at 25k. GG.

I did better than I expected, actually! I mean I got into this in the first place because I'm a huge perfectionist and am terrible at "just doing" things so I thought this'd be good practice, but I have actually written dozens of pages of stuff over the course of a month. So whatever, I'm counting this as a partial victory.

(Also my progress graph so far is roughly exponential. I can totally still make it to 50k guys. What's schoolwork)

I'm actually going to finish this year... @_@ Today I played a little bit of catch up and managed to hit the mark of 45,000 for today's goal, my total being 45,166. Hopefully working retail during black friday/saturday doesn't make me too exhausted to keep up the next few days.

...I have miraculously managed to hit 40k.

I wrote a whole 6000 words today(yesterday? Midnight was ten minutes ago for me) and I'm pretty proud of myself. Oh man I'm actually really close to the finish line?? How did this happen. Hopefully I'll be able to keep that up for the next two days.

Does it still count as a win if you reach 50000 words but don't manage to finish your novel?

Does it still count as a win if you reach 50000 words but don't manage to finish your novel?

Yep! That's what I did last year. smile.gif Good luck!

Myself, I think I can make it, but I dunno...it's pushing it rather close.

I don't think I'm going to make it this year. There's no way I'll be able to write 25,000 or so words in a day (and not for lack of trying either). Clearly I should have actually outlined my novel before I tried to write it. Gah. Looks like I'm going to be doing my own personal NaNo in December. xd.png

Anyone want to try for a NaDecWriMo??

Edit: Also, my novel has turned into a complete monster of a plot... somehow. blink.gif

Edited by StormNSnowflake

*backflips into the thread* *spins around* *falls on the floor* I DID IT I MADE IT TO 50K

I wrote 5-6k a day for like the last three days and did nothing else and I did it!! I won my first NaNo!!! Wow how did this happen at all. And now to do absolutely nothing with those words because man it's a terribly written trainwreck.

Check out my ridiculous graph.

*cries tears of joy and slpeep deprivation because final projects*

it's the first time since like 2010 i've won omg

there was a pretty big due date on the 30th to be honest, and I'm surprised i got to the end of both of them holy peas

*passes out*

Congrats to winners! I as well won, for the first time since attempting Nano the past 3 years!

What a great feeling 8D

Congrats to all the winners!

Hitting that goal does feel great, doesn't it?

Now to start planning for next year... or maybe even one of the Camp NaNoWriMos... I'm good in November, but not so great in the Camps. One of these days!

I hope this doesn't count as double-posting, but it is a month since I last posted, so I hope it does not.

Anybody here planning to do camp NaNo?