prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

*bump*

Hey, is anyone doing Camp NaNo this month? I just started and I'm loving my story. I thoroughly outlined it the past two months, so I'm ready.

It's getting to be that time of year again... who is doing NaNoWriMo this year? I'm planning on a sequel to a recently-finished previous NaNo project; a romance set in the same fantasy world.

With the ending of the war, the king of the victorious country thinks to ease the joining of the conquered country with his by arranging a marriage between his son and a princess of the conquered country. However, His Royal Highness doesn't like the idea and does a runner.

And from there, I'm torn, lol! I'm trying to decide if she goes after him with the thought that of all the possible arranged matches she could have been stuck with, at least he's somewhere close to her age and reputed to be a fairly nice guy; or if he lands himself in some kind of situation that makes him realize that he's got a duty to his people and goes back, only to find that she's hardened her heart against him because of the way he insulted her by running off.

Either way, they'll eventually win each other over... can't be a romance without Happily Ever After, right?

I'm planning on attempting NaNoWriMo again this year. I've won the three years that I've participated, but I haven't done anything specific to NaNoWriMo in the past few years due to an hectic work schedule. (Retail management will really suck you dry during November and December.) However, since I'm starting a new job on Monday, I should have a more stable work schedule, and a better chance at getting to complete my book. (Although this year's project will not be a novel, so much as a light-herted look at how to have a good marriage, or put the spark back into your marriage. It'll be the things that my husband and I have learned in our 13 years being married.)

We'll see how it goes. I know in past years when I have not been participating, I've really missed it, and found myself browsing through the adoption forums to get ideas. I'm looking forward to getting back into it again. If anyone is looking for me there, I've got the same user name for NaNoWriMo as I do for Dragon Cave.

I hope to finish the third part of my SF trilogy.

Wrote the first sequel (also my first book ever) before I ever attended NaNoWriMo at all and the second as well as the first half of the third mainly through NaNo 2012-2015, so participating and winning 4 years in a row.

Huge amount of time to get those books done lol, but inbetween I hardly find the time and motivation to write as intensive xd.png

Getting hyped for NaNoWriMo this year! I consistently participated a few years in a row before college became too demanding. Haven't won a year yet but I set smaller milestones for myself. This year, I'm gonna shoot for the full 50k as I'm taking a break from school and just worrying about a full-time job. I want to self-publish a book during my break :v

Let's do this!

I'm thinking of participating again this year, against my better judgement :'D

My crippling social anxiety and perfectionism prevent me from ever publishing anything, so I'll probably just churn out 50k words of a thing I've been working on to develop it more.

I won't be joining the challenge proper, but I'll be scripting and/or pencilling a graphic novel! Can't decide if it'll be 30 pages (one per day) or 50 pages to mirror the 50k challenge, but it's going to be tough juggling the scripting and the drawing.

So for me it's more of a NaGraDrawMo? I'm proud to be a Nano Rebel, haha.

I defend at the end of this month, and still need to finish writing my thesis. Once again, I have no time for NaNo. =(

Good luck to those of you participating!

I...REALLY want to participate. I even have the time to write this month because I haven't started my new job yet. Why can't this be national novel reading month instead? I haven't written in aaaaages and I miss it, but this feels like jumping into the deep end after not swimming for like 10 years lol.

Hopefully there are others here that will be doing it so we can motivate each other.

I will also be participating this year! I'm going to a "write-in" at UGA's creative writing club that I'm thinking about joining in about an hour. I'm DETERMINED to write at least 2,000 words a day. I've never actually participated, and I'm super intimidated by the word count. rolleyes.gif

Yay more NaNoWriMo'ers! I did it last year and did 50k+ words and I want to do it again this year, but hopefully double my amount of writing (that is in the sleep deprivation doesn't kill me first) xd.png

Good luck this year, you guys!! <3

The Camp NaNo has a conversion where 1 page of comics equals 200 words. Now I'm feeling the heat with eight pages a day haha!

Hhhhhh, I'm working on my ChoiceScript game for NaNo (since it's basically a glorified CYOA book with hidden stats) and oh my god even a simple baby language like this is so frustrating. ;_____;

Still, hopefully I'll at least get the first day or two written and coded before NaNo ends. I can't hope for anything more than that.

Every year I say I'm going to participate and never do it, but this year I am actually trying!

Writing about the discord of a royal family from a fictional underground kingdom. There is sibling jealousy, dragon criminals, and magic lesbians.

Edited by kiyye

*cheers everyone participating*

I'm being a "rebel" this year and working on multiple stories for NaNo. Because I have multiple WiPs that I really want to work on. The story I'm working on today, Allison just found out that Remy cheated on her, and Avery is trying to comfort her. They actually had a specific discussion about monogamy early into the relationship, so this is very, very unexpected. (Not for me. I knew all along that Remy would cheat (again)).

I'm about 3 days ahead, word count wise, and I'm trying hard to keep that lead by writing 3k every day.

Booyah, 50k! =D (Don't be fooled by my signature, though; I just validated and I'm pretty sure at least a hundred of those are em dashes.)

I think I'll take a break and then add to my wordcount with one of my other projects.

Did anyone manage to finish? I didn't even come close, I'll have to try a less ambitious idea next year. rolleyes.gif

*waves hand in the air* Me me me!

My original goal was 15k because I wasn't sure how much plot this idea had in it. Then I increased it to 30k. I'm now at 50k and the story is still going strong. Although I am "cheating" and counting work on two different stories, one being the sequel to one I worked on last NaNo.

Oh man you're doing a lot more than I! My goal's only been 25k and I'm struggling with this last 5k stretch :'D

Anyone else preparing for NaNoWriMo?

I'm in again and rebelling as I did the past few years - means: I'm not starting from scratch but continue the story from... eh... yeah... those past years. :blush: There's still so much more to tell... :rolleyes:

Just before I can start over in November I'm doing some editing stuff on what I have so far... And while I was planning on procrastinating today, clicking some pretty dragon pixels it seems the cave wants me to prepare better... :D

I'm still on the fence whether to participate this year or not. I did 50K five years ago (oh man does time fly), and haven't participated since, but this year I've felt a very strong pull towards nanowrimo again. The problem is, I haven't written anything but scientific text for the last 3 years and I have only a few strings of story planned right now, so it seems like a daunting task. I'd also like to say that November is the month when I have the most other stuff to do, but so was the November 5 years ago and I finished almost a week ahead, so that seems like a dull point... Oh well, we'll see how things pan out!

I'm all-in this year, even tho at the moment I have zero clue what I'll be writing. End of August I had a tentative idea, and slowly expanded on it while daydreaming, and I have maybe the first month of the MC's relationship planned... But the plot itself just kinda died. I still want to write the beginning parts, but possibly not for NaNo because I just can't seem to find anything else to do with it, anywhere to take the plot after that initial beginning. I've repeatedly told myself that this NaNo I would do a new story, but I may end up rebelling again and working on two sequel stories that I started last Nov. Remy-story (I suck at titles) was started early 2013, finished at 118k not counting the multiple half-done scenes I have yet to finish, and now has a 65k sequel that I really would love to finish. ... Except that I currently have a major writer's block with the current plotline there. I also have the sequel to Amanda-story, which I sorta thought was done after last year's NaNo, but I keep getting all these ideas of how it could continue and I would really love to write some of them, but then again the last part I wrote is sorta a great ending, so... Yeah, I have no clue.