prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Should I write with the theme of war or the way the west views "under" developed countries?

Excited to enter this year. I was originally going to continue my fantasy series and write the 4th book for this month, then this great idea popped into my head and I'm deciding to go with that instead.

Instead of fantasy or some attempt at Sci-Fi, this year I'm doing an attempt at a more realistic style of fiction. I have nearly nothing planned, so I'm not saying anything here since anything's up for changing… ^^;

Hm, fellow writers - can anybody think of a good way to describe that face people make when they're amused at something but trying to hide that amusement? I know there's a word for it, just can't think of it to save myself.

I came up with deadpan and straight-faced but I know neither of those are correct. =U

Hm, fellow writers - can anybody think of a good way to describe that face people make when they're amused at something but trying to hide that amusement? I know there's a word for it, just can't think of it to save myself.

I came up with deadpan and straight-faced but I know neither of those are correct. =U

Do you mean smirking?

As for NaNoWriMo, I completely forgot about it! I must enter this year. I have some plans but I need to actually do this properly. I've never completed it before. I've never even gotten through a quarter of my novel.

I'm not sure if this would be quite right either, but perhaps "bemused" would fit? It's kind of partway between, "I shouldn't laugh but this is funny!" and "WTF???"

^ I agree with bemused, it sounds about right to me. At least, I can't think of anything else that sounds right.

By the way, would anyone be interested if I was to share a gigantic character sheet/questionaire, if I can get it done before November of course?

I didn't know there were others here who did NaNo! smile.gif

I only finished it once, three years ago. I'm gonna try to finish it this year, even though classes are hard ohmy.gif I've been itching to write my urban fantasy ideas down.

I had a dream last night, and I got an idea for a book from it, and since it'll be November soon, I'll probably have a go this year.

If I based my book off of my recent dreams...no. Just no.

I had a dream recently and when I woke up I thought that it would make a great story idea.

Except I can't remember it anymore.

If I based my book off of my recent dreams...no. Just no.

But who's to say it wouldn't eventually be refined into something publish-able? Mercedes Lackey has said outright that she'd gotten portions of what became the first of her Valdemar trilogies in a dream.

But who's to say it wouldn't eventually be refined into something publish-able? Mercedes Lackey has said outright that she'd gotten portions of what became the first of her Valdemar trilogies in a dream.

Oh when I say no I mean NO as in it was never my intention to publish something so lewd.

I had a dream recently and when I woke up I thought that it would make a great story idea.

Except I can't remember it anymore.

Actually happens to me a ton xd.png

Oh when I say no I mean NO as in it was never my intention to publish something so lewd.

*laughs*

Ah, gotcha! Being an inveterate writer of erotica myself, that aspect never even crossed my mind.

*laughs*

Ah, gotcha! Being an inveterate writer of erotica myself, that aspect never even crossed my mind.

I mean, I've thought about it and tried, but I guess I'm better at that in real life than in words >_<

TANGENT

Edited by Lila

Do you mean smirking?

I'm not sure if this would be quite right either, but perhaps "bemused" would fit? It's kind of partway between, "I shouldn't laugh but this is funny!" and "WTF???"

Not quite, but thanks! I'll just tell my roommate to be more descriptive, lol. Bemuse is when someone is confused and he was just asking for hiding amusement. Close, but no cigar, unfortunately.

Not quite, but thanks! I'll just tell my roommate to be more descriptive, lol. Bemuse is when someone is confused and he was just asking for hiding amusement. Close, but no cigar, unfortunately.

I doubt it's what you're looking for, but I found simper. It means to smile coyly.

I had a dream last night, and I got an idea for a book from it, and since it'll be November soon, I'll probably have a go this year.

If I based my book on my latest dreams, it'd be a terrifying book on intelligent zombies and how the few humans left have to go into hiding. If I start writing that down, I don't think I'll ever sleep again haha.

I'm going to give NaNoWriMo a shot this year though. I don't think I'll have enough tme though since university will be busy still in November. But I want to try still. sad.gif

Happy November and good writing to all the DC WriMos out there!

If I based my book on my latest dreams, it'd be a terrifying book on intelligent zombies and how the few humans left have to go into hiding. If I start writing that down, I don't think I'll ever sleep again haha.

No, I only use ideas that I'll enjoy writing.

Good luck everyone!

It's November and I feel no room to breathe still, so for the second year in a row, I have to do the hard thing and step out. I'm so heartbroken. Not doing this last year sucked, but for my own mental health, I just don't think I can. I think I'll try to do something on half the weekends, probably work on some fanfiction. But I'm working 11 - 13 hour days and I just have no energy left.

Good luck to everyone participating in this year! I know you can do it! *cheers*

Ooooooh no it's November and I have nothing planned

Hello Seventh Sanctum please generate a hundred character names for me ok thank you

Ooooooh no it's November and I have nothing planned

Hello Seventh Sanctum please generate a hundred character names for me ok thank you

Why a hundred? How can you keep track of a hundred characters anyway?

Ahah no I'm not going to use all of them I'm just...really selective...........

I guess the point of doing this thing in the first place was to help with my constant choice paralysis, but c'mon I'm going to have to stare at my characters' names for the entire month.