Bee Teno

Which Browser Is The Fastest?!?

Which do you think is the fastest?  

250 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lol, the weird guy sitting in a corner.

Out of Firefox/IE/Chrome I'd say FF is the best - I don't use Chrome much, really.

And IE is annoying.

ive only ever tried chrome and IE. id say chrome for sure between the two. i have safari, but ive never used it, so i dont really know how it compares. never used anything else, so my vote is kind of biased lol since ive never tried anything else really.

Before I start going into detail, let's just get it out with: I personally think that Firefox is the fastest. For me anyway. However, I must admit that I did like Firefox 4,3, and the later versions of 2, better than Firefox 5. Firefox 5 was a little too dumbed down, and it looked more like Chrome. [Which isn't a bad thing, but it killed Firefox's originality. Anyways, appearance aside, Firefox's start-up performance is definitely the fastest. (And I have timed these things)

The next runner-up would be Google Chrome. Google Chrome's start up time is probably just a couple seconds longer than Firefox's. So, for speed, I give it a 10/10. Chrome is definitely my second favorite.

However, the reason I don't like it, is because it's so simple. It's stripped down of the simplest things, things that I need to change on a daily basis. I mean, sure, if you're a new user to computers, or you're just a regular browser, not someone who requires bigger, more in-depth settings, then Chrome would be the browser to go to. But that's not my case, so yeah. Additionally, Chrome's customization isn't the best. Again, that's why I prefer Firefox.

Opera - Eh, don't really pay attention to it that much, but I don't like the interface/layout.

Safari - Safari is exactly how it should be: the standard edition Mac Browser. Speed is eh, C+, B- okay, better than IE. I like Safari's layout/scheme, and how easy it is to use. It's simple, but not too dumbed down. [unlike Chrome.] Safari is to Mac, as what IE should be to Windows. A standard edition browser, nothing less than the required, nothing more. IE is standard to all Windows computers, but it doesn't meet the standards. So, Safari is okay speed-wise. I would try it, if I were you, just for the heck of it.

Internet Explorer [ALL VERSIONS] - Seriously, just no. Everytime I get a new computer, or I go to a friends house, or whatever, the first thing I do is install another browser. Internet Explorer's start-up time is super slow, and pathetic. It's a proven fact, complete with statistics. And, there's a lot of unnecessary pre-installed add-ons [although these can be removed] that just waste time. Furthermore, the layout is messy, and continually gets worse over the years. In fact, I think the best layout was all the way back in, what, 2002. Not exactly sure what version that was, maybe 5 or 6? But my point was, it's just horrible now. Speed-wise, its bad, everything else wise, bad.

Edited by tinakhal

I use Firefox mostly, because I'm used to it. It's rather slow on computers without high-speed connections, though, I've heard. It's the easiest to use, imo.

Google Chrome is super-fast.. If I could just force myself to get used to it, I would all the time. I just don't like how it doesn't have bookmark tabs at the top like Firefox.

Right now I use a combo of both.. When Firefox seems to be slowing down for whatever reason, I switch over to Chrome and things generally work better and faster.

Firefox.

IE simply sucks, and Chrome lacks an actual Adblock.

I've only used IE and Firefox, so I'm going with Firefox.

I'm serious. IE is crap. The connection times out when I use the school computers (which use IE) and it is SLOW. I have Firefox 3.6, and even though the new one is faster, it's screwy and dumb. But my family owns Macs, so that might be why we have fast connections. School computers are Windows.

~Cavey

Well I only use IE. Although I don't exactly use a new version of that, either (I think I'm using IE 6 as it happens). I like it, and I've never had any trouble with it. I did try Firefox briefly, once, and I hated it so I went back to using IE again.

Incidently I've never had a virus on this PC either.

@ tinkahal - if you tried installing another browser on my PC you'd have me going loco on you in a very short space of time!

I personally love Firefox. I had Google chrome, but then it started giving me errors blah blah blah.. I don't like IE anymore because my brother downloaded about 12 toolbars and I can't uninstall them, so I downloaded Firefox! No problems yet, except when I try to watch Youtube videos, sometime it stops at one point, and if you bring it back it stops there again, so i have to skip about a minutes from that point for it to work 8P But all is good. I like the bookmark toolbar that Google Chrome seemed to lack

I really like Firefox. I've tried using Chrome before, and, to be honest, there wasn't much of a difference, speed-wise. I don't like the layout and design of Chrome at all, though. So it's Firefox for me! Although IE isn't terribly bad either... actually worked very well on my computer! But then they released that awful-looking update. Looks are everything for me, y'see smile.gif

This one:

user posted image

Firefox and Opera work best for me. I haven't noticed if one is much faster than the other, but I like Firefox better, so that's the one I use.

This one:

user posted image

BROWSER not BOWSER xd.png

I'd say it's between Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Never tried any others other than Internet explorer.

I've only ever used Firefox and Internet Explorer, and I really dislike IE, so...Firefox is my choice.

Hmm. I might have to try Chrome, however...

Firefox for me

Ever since I installed adblock plus, Its been the fastest thing around.

Stupid censorkip.gif ads making my censorkip.gif firefox act like a turtle

Edited by MessingWithRandom

Firefox. I have 8GB ram, so it beats Chrome into the /dust/

Hmm, between Chrome, IE, Safari, FF and Opera I'd have to say Opera but I use Chrome a lot of the time, FF takes up way too much space! Gosh, it really does, Opera is faster and takes up less space so I use it for clicking on GPX+ as Chrome can only open 25 tabs without going screwy. IE sucks, Safari is not much better to me, but I haven't used it much.

Overall it's gotta be Opera but I use Chrome more.

I've been using 'Pale Moon' for a while (Looks and works just like Firefox) And it runs great. I think it's the best browser i've ever used, to be honest. :3

Ive got every major browser (chrome, safari, firefox) and chrome treats me the best when it comes to which is fastest.

On my computer back home my IE is the fastest, sometimes Safari or Firefox. Opera and Chrome are really slow for me...

Here in school it's Safari that's faster than Firefox.

I've got a lot of browsers downloaded and have to say that Mozilla Firefox is the fastest for me. I switched to chrome for a while but got sick of it.

Pale Moon is similar to Firefox and is also very fast.