Bee Teno

Which Browser Is The Fastest?!?

Which do you think is the fastest?  

250 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The only browsers I've ever tried are IE, Firefox, and whatever browser comes built in with AOL.

The AOL one seems to be by far the slowest and IE isn't much better. Firefox is definitely the fastest out of those 3.

I would argue between chrome and firefox. I've tried other browsers, they all seem slugish. Firefox was a big step up from netscape (the previous one I used), and then I discovered chrome. I have a netbook, it can't handle a big program. Chrome is a lightweight, fast browser. So yeah, I'll go with chrome.

I use Seamonkey... I am pretty sure that it's made by the same people as firefox and it works pretty fast for me. Occasionally there is something which won't run on it (like, netflix won't stream on it), and I have IE set up for that. I use Firefox at work and it always seems slow to me.

I've only ever used IE and Firefox (and RARELY Safari) and of the two I much prefer Firefox. It's faster and doesn't hate me. dry.gif I've heard Chrome is good but I'm reluctant to download another browser to get used to.

On my iPod, I have to use Safari and I don't like it. I has a tendency to be slow and sometimes it freezes up. Also apparently it can only have a max of like 8 windows open, which sucks. On a computer that's not an iPod, Safari is difficult to use; it's not so much that it isn't decently quick it's just that it's hard to navigate and I could never figure out how to open tabs. I don't even think you CAN open tabs in Safari...but I could be wrong.

On my aged and venerable machine (very speedy and spiffy when new 8 years ago), Firefox is fastest, Internet Exploder totally sucks rocks, and Chrome seems to utterly hate my video card, or vice versa, or the hatred is mutual. dry.gif

I'll soon have a newer, faster machine, a gently used hand-me-down from evilhusband, but I expect that Firefox will still be the winner, if only for the useful extensions (something weird just happened to "reload every" in the last update, though).

May give Chrome another try when I get the new-to-me machine situated...

Out of the browsers I've used, by far Chrome has been the fastest, and the easiest to use. However, for catching eggs on the main part of the website I have found Firefox to be the fastest, in terms of being able to catch eggs and being able to adjust how much shows up on the web page (e.g, no page styling). Internet explorer has always been ridiculously slow for me, regardless of the websites I'm visiting. I also hate the layout of it, so it's one of the browsers that I do not use on a daily, weekly possibly even monthly basis.

Overall, I use Chrome the most often as it's features far outweigh Firefox's (my opinion) and well, it generally loads quite fast for me.

Edited by VampiricOmen

I've used IE and Firefox, but now I'm using only Firefox, it's the better for my needs happy.gif

chrome is faster, but a lot of websites seem to hate chrome for some reason. firefox is the way to go if your social biggrin.gif

IE is the worst out of the bunch. Safari is pretty decent, but way to confusing

Edited by Doylj

Out of the browsers I've used, by far Chrome has been the fastest, and the easiest to use.

If you have the add-on (or do it yourself through FF config) FasterFox (I think it's called that), then it'll go quite fast.

I've used many different types of browsers, but for me, Chrome is the best. It is fast, lightweight, and has great security. The images load really fast for me, which is great for hunting in the cave.

This.

I've used IE and FF, and not the best results.

IE maybe rather fast, it's just not the security I needed. I tried FF, and it worked awhile, until I found how it didn't have spellcheck (it did, but you never knew if it was working) and didn't work at some forums.

Then I tried GC. Worked like a charm, ended up being amazingly fast, secure, and not to many bytes to tote around.

Edited by Amarica

Apparently I voted already, and I probably voted Firefox, but from what others say I believe Chrome is actually faster than Firefox (though I still prefer Firefox).

I've been using Opera on my home computer for GPX+ clicking and IE9 on my new laptop for everything else. IE9 is nice and speedy, I really like it. Opera's better for the quick tab opening/closing.

I do believe it's Safari. But I have a mac. Oh yeah, and I find chrome and Firefox confusing smile.gif Don't know how that works...

I think Firefox, just because I've only ever tried Internet Explorer and Firefox. And FF is certainly faster than Internet Exploder. |D

For me, Firefox works best. IE doesn't do anything practically. Safari just sits... and sits... finally loads then promptly quits while trying to load the starting page (and it's updated with the new version when it says I need it). Opera is alright... Chrome is right there with Opera. Though all this could be the fact I'm on a mac and managed to get them all to at least work... I still hate IE for being so slow and problemized with DC dry.gif which is why I only tried it once.

Out of the 4 I have really ever used, I prefer Chrome.

IE is just terrible speed wise, in my opinion, and FF just doesn't like me, I don't really like Safari, so I can't really judge if it's faster than Chrome overly well, but from what I've seen, it is.

I so far like Chrome the best, Firefox is a close second. Internet Explorer and Safari are just plain annoying. C:

Definitely Firefox.

I used IE for the longest time. I didn't even know other browsers existed. xd.png

But then I found Firefox years ago and never looked back. I've tried Chrome, it's OK, but I like all the add-ons and whatnot that Firefox has and the fact that it's usually pretty fast (faster than IE anyway). It's just fantastic.

I'm in love with Firefox. tongue.gif

I like firefox a lot (better than IE & safari) but I think the weired guy sitting in a corner is best! |D

Seriously though I think firefox works really well there are a lot of things that don't work for me on IE so I just use firefox.

Edited by xxlonewolfxx