angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:(Slightly) increase odds of zombie creation

I thought I'd made this before but search didn't find it O___o if I did and it was closed ages ago for whatever reason, mods please remind me!

Anyway, in light of all the new zombie stuff in recent years (first new tombstones, now many many new types!), can either the chances of making a zombie be slightly increased or, alternately, the ability to make them become year-round? I'm not asking for an 80% success rate, here, but from my own experiences and those I've seen others report the current success rate seems to hover dismally close to 10%... which is 1 adult zombie every year out of the 10 possible dead adults you can prepare for Halloween. That means over six years on average just to get a full zombie adult set--Yikes! ;;

I don't have a firm percentage in mind, but something from 33% to 50% would be really lovely.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Yes please! This is a good idea.

If not this then maybe lifting the kill limit is a slightly less good but also doable solution

I second this! I would prefer a higher percentage on Halloween because well... Halloween is so linked with zombies in my mind imo.

I REALLY NEED THE FULL SET AND I HAVE NO ZOMBIES *SOB*

Buuuuuut if we could do it year-round with even the current percentage that we have going (one in ten, 10%) then it's far more likely that people could get the full set without having to spend like ALL of the next decade trying their hardest and FAILING to get it.

Now that I've re-evaluated, I'm kinda leaning towards all year round? Ehehe, just seems like it's less stress that way and could be done any time I have a dragon I don't like and don't want around and wouldn't have to pull my hair out just to fit it into the short deadline before Halloween day.

Though something like a 50% chance on Halloween would have a similar effect and make it far less terrifyingly aggravating as it is now. :3 Just my two cents!

Edited by Sapphira_Majoram

Support. I don't know why the odds are so low, we can only get them once a year.

Would love a small chance all year round!

Edited by tishavara

That would actually be the best! Brilliant idea angelicdragonpuppy!

10% chance all year round, but 50% chance on Halloween! biggrin.gif

Besides, a 10% is so friggin' low to me that I think it can work just fine all year round without needing to be halved. smile.gif Also, this would be assuming that the 5 kill limit is unchanged which would also be its own kinda damper on doing too many zombies at one time. smile.gif Sound good?

higher percentage would be lovely, but I would also love an increase in the Kill Limit *laugh*

Perhaps we could have both--the current success rate (or half of it, even) on normal days, 50% on Halloween?

I'd love this, actually. biggrin.gif Low chance all year round, and high chance Halloween.

I love all these ideas. I want the new zombies like burning but my own zombie success rate has always been quite low.

I'd rather have a tiny percentage all year round, halloween is busy enough with the new breeds being released and the old ones breeding.

I'd rather have a tiny percentage all year round, halloween is busy enough with the new breeds being released and the old ones breeding.

Exactly what I'm thinking.

I'm struggling enough with getting a full CB Zombie set already... even though I've been here since 2008. Urgh!

I agree. Even with greater odds at Halloween, getting all the varieties will still take a very long time. A small all-year-round chance would be preferable (and we all know the Zombiecalypse never strikes when people expect it).

Wow, zombie chances are that bad? I had 3 out of 5, (one fail, one revived dragon).

Anyway, since I decided to get rid of my zombies when Soulpeaces came out, I'm rather neutral on this suggestion. (Although 10% on Halloween seems a little low IMHO.)

Edited by olympe

Perhaps we could have both--the current success rate (or half of it, even) on normal days, 50% on Halloween?

Yes I like this, it would be nice.

Full support - I will spend years trying to get all the sprites. I would love a tiny chance of success during the year, and during Halloween a 50% for the adults at least. Hatchlings are easy.

Edited by natli

higher percentage would be lovely, but I would also love an increase in the Kill Limit *laugh*

This. I never "prepare" zombie fodders to die on Halloween... I always only use the "Kill Action" and would love to have the chance of getting at least 3/4 out of 5 zombies, since last year I only got 1 unsure.gif

yep, that would be nice

maybe it could be a holiday dragon specific action?

ya know that increases/makes the odds of a zombie if its out of season?

Edited by blockEdragon

I'm a wimp and never killed for Zombies (even if I'm seriously thinking of doing that, after seeing the new sprites) but I full support the suggestion.

I would support a slight increase on zombies at halloween, and perhaps year round occurrence - my understanding is it can occur year round - just extremely rare. (maximum 40% - I don't want it tooo easy to get. Nothing worse than a super easy game)

Gonna be fun with this years hatchling massacre.

Edited by Starscream

yep, that would be nice

maybe it could be a holiday dragon specific action?

ya know that increases/makes the odds of a zombie if its out of season?

Holiday dragons don't get BSAs. (Obvious exception is Aegis, which I believe is allowed because it only modifies the Aegis itself? Not fully clear on that one.)

I'd be down for a year-round percentage, I guess. Halloween is already pretty chaotic. But thematically I'd rather see a much higher turn rate on Halloween. 50% would be sweet. 30% would be nice.

I'd also like Zombies to be much more obtainable since the update, that's LOADS of sprites to collect, especially considering the way they were obtainable so far, it's plenty of years of trying.

I'd also like to see them show much more on scroll than the old ones, it's such a pity such cool sprites are hardly ever showing:(

I would support a slight increase on zombies at halloween, and perhaps year round occurrence - my understanding is it can occur year round - just extremely rare. (maximum 40% - I don't want it tooo easy to get. Nothing worse than a super easy game)

Gonna be fun with this years hatchling massacre.

There are exactly 3 known zombies not made on Halloween. 2 of which are TJ's and the third is frozen from June 2007 and given it's age may have been one of those glitches that was allowed to be kept. As it has never happened for anyone since 2007 (with one exception from when dead dragons weren't cleared out, but that was a glitch and the revive no longer lasts more than 2 weeks. I'm not entirely sure if that one even still exists.) I think it is safe to say they are Halloween only.

But I have nothing against raising the chances, particularly if the above is true. All other dragons that can only be obtained once a year are hundred percent (or very nearly, some holidays do rarely throw 0 eggs.) I've had decent success with mine, but I've also been rather obsessed with hatchie murders that last few years.

There are already plans for zombies.

More information will come forth once the birthday hype dies down.