Obscure_Trash

New Teleport Option

Here's the situation:

>> You put an eggs up for trade here on the forum and wait for offers. *doop de doop*

>> You receive a few offers, one of which you really like. =D

>> You happily go to accept the trade you want to. \o/

>> ...You can't, because the other person doesn't have the room. D:

>> You didn't receive any PMs, so you hopefully search the forum for the member. (o_o)x <- that is your fingers crossed

>> ...No such luck. The member either has a different name or isn't on the forum. You're left with no way to contact them. =\

>> You try waiting a little while to see if they unlock. You post a new trade letting them know you want to accept, but they're locked. >.e

>> Unfortunately, still no such luck. You end up going with a different offer. *sigh*

A problem that a lot of people have run into. You want to accept a trade, but doing so would put the other person above their egg limits. Or you receive a great offer, but you don't have room. You don't want to dump any of your eggs, but you do want to accept at least part of their offer. You don't have any way to contact them. People pick up other dragons, get gifted, make trades, etc. and don't realize or have forgotten about the trade. It happens, but it's not fun.

In this thread it was suggested that the trade go through anyway, and the egg acts like a held egg until the other person is free. However...

Sorry, not happening. This essentially allows users to bypass the intended egg limits, which were put in place for a reason.

I had a slightly different suggestion, though. I received a request to re-open the thread, but I don't want to derail the thread and don't want continued discussion on something TJ said no to. So I figured I'd just make a new topic for it. Just copy'pasta'ing my reply with a little editing:

Perhaps there could be another option beside accept/decline, such as 'you suck D< poke user notify of space' where if you chose it, the person would receive a note at the top of their scroll (like where the sickness notification is) saying something like 'user wants to accept your trade, but cannot because you suck, meanie you don't have the room; please make room'. But with better wording and less name calling.

To go one step better, it would be awesome if this option made it possible so that you can already accept on your part, and the other person can finalize the trade. With the message being something like 'user wants to accept your trade, but cannot because you don't have the room; please make room and click here if you still want the trade'. (Thanks, Fengari!)

Another option (most helpfully combined with the above) would be to let people select which dragons they wanted to accept from an offer so they would only take what they wanted. This could be combined with the message to let the other person know they need to make room (and perhaps they can then get rid of one of the things they offered that was not wanted). (Thanks, Spelunker!) In this case, this would also help if you are locked and only want to accept part of their trade, which would be probably the best option.

That way you won't have to accept again after they have made room.

With this option, it would also make sense to allow people to make an offer that would put them over their egg/total limit. That way, they would only have to dump eggs if the person did want to accept their trade. (Thanks, olympe!)

Also like a warning to be made to the person making the offer--"The user you would like to trade with currently does not have room for your offer. They will be notified so they may make room if they choose to accept" or something like that. (Thanks, KageSora!)

Another option would be to poke the person when they make themselves too locked to do the trade.

"You have offered on a trade that can now not go through because you have too many growing dragons. If you still want the trade, abandon

" [eg 1 egg]

And if they can't accept when they OFFER

"You have too many growing dragons for the trade you just offered on to go through. If you want the trader to be able to accept your offer, abandon [code]" [eg 1 egg]

(Thanks, Pokemonfan13!)

I can do up some screenies if someone would give me a screenie of the sickness message and of the teleport page of a trade that has at least one offer. :3 <- Yeah, not sure what my original plan for this was, lol.

Thoughts? Wording? Problems?

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I've had this problem several times with my trades, so I support this idea! I don't see anything negative about it, so I don't see why it shouldn't be an option. :)

I run into the problem a lot, only I'm the one who has too many eggs... It'd b nice to be notified and/or reminded "hey, you got too many eggs!" so that I can be accepted and not totally suck. So yeah, I support this!

I like this idea, it doesn't bypass the egg limit AND lets the blocked person who made the offer know "hey you need to ditch something if you really want this trade"

Please.

I stayed up to midnight yesterday waiting for the reciever to have their darn mint egg hatch. God I was so tempted to put that egg on some click sites (not to kill it obviously, but to make it hatch quicker) but he didn't have aid enabled and I didn't want to get into trouble >.>

Edited by Ashywolf

Please! I'd absolutely love something like this. It would be really useful. I definitely prefer the suggestion to have some kind of notification that the person would like to accept your request, kind of like the sickness one. smile.gif

Edited by StormWizard212

I like the idea. I tend not to do two way trades (People initiate IOU trades with me rather than me trading an egg I have), but I can see how this would be useful.

Yes, please.

Not a problem I have personally run into, but holy geeze that sounds frustrating. Being able to poke someone politely seems like a fantastic idea.

This sort of thing happens to me a lot, only sometimes, it ends with the person cancelling their offer sometime later... sad.gif

Definitely in support of this.

Edited by Lord X-Giga-X

Yes, totally. This also almost allows you to make an offer that would result in you getting egg-locked. If the other person accepts, you can still toss some eggs and don't have to toss eggs on the off chance that your offer might be accepted.

I'd like that.

But I'd also like a warning to be made to the person making the offer--"The user you would like to trade with currently does not have room for your offer. They will be notified so they may make room if they choose to accept" or something like that.

I don't run into this often, but the other day I was trying to trade an egg and kept getting 2+ egg offers for it, when I only had room for 1 egg offers. Had to turn down some very nice ones because my current batch of eggs were too important to abandon.

I've only encountered it a couple of times but I can definitely see the advantage of having this system implemented. ^^ Sometimes it's easy to forget about egg/creature limits - I think the reminder would be pretty handy. :3

Kinda OT but I loved your use of smileys after each sentence to convey the accompanying emotion, Socky. =P

I'd like that option as well ^

Maybe a little notice indicator across from the badges to keep everything nice and neat? I don't know if the dragon sickness should be moved there too because it wouldn't be as in your face, which wouldn't help people who just randomly check in, but it would help keep everything orderly.

This would help a lot, I don't usually trade, but I've at least had this happen 2/3 times, would be useful. smile.gif

Yes please! I'm familiar with the problem and I feel this is an elegant solution. Doesn't help if the person doesn't get online in time, of course, but still, it is something.

Could it be made so that you can already accept on your part, so the other person can finalise the trade? Wit the message being something like 'user wants to accept your trade, but cannot because you suck, meanie you don't have the room; please make room and click here if you still want the trade'.

Edited by Fengari

Yes please! I'm familiar with the problem and I feel this is an elegant solution. Doesn't help if the person doesn't get online in time, of course, but still, it is something.

Could it be made so that you can already accept on your part, so the other person can finalise the trade? Wit the message being something like 'user wants to accept your trade, but cannot because you suck, meanie you don't have the room; please make room and click here if you still want the trade'.

Very good idea! Can we add that to the OP?

Haha, thanks, Varekis. =p

Added olympe's suggestion and Fengari's suggestion to the OP. ^^

Just a minor quibble with trades. Right now, a trade will auto-break if an egg hatches or hatchy grows up. Would it be possible to block a trade from being created, or break it, if the person making the offer could not accept the trade?

For example. I have a CB spring egg I put of for hatchy offers. One person offered 4, (woot!) and one is low time. I remove the trade link from my trade posts. I'd like to accept it, but I wasn't expecting an offer of 4 so I'm short on space myself. I complete another trade for a single low time hatchy but I'd like to sleep and that 4 hatchy trade will break before I wake up. I can't PM the person as they don't show up on the forum, or I'd ask them to remove one or two as the low-time one alone would be fine. So I decide, screw it, I'll just drop an egg and accept. I drop the egg, hit accept and... this person can't accept this trade because they have too many eggs.

sad.gif

That or a warning that the person can't accept the trade they've tried to make would be nice. Maybe in red next to their name saying, can't complete?

Not sure how often this comes up. But might be more common with the amount of hatchies we have atm.

Something rather like this happened to me not long ago. I posted a second gen egg from one of my Shadow Alts in the trading thread. I got several nice offers, picked one... and the person was unable to accept due to not having room for the egg. I ended up accepting a different offer.

I don't know why a person would make an offer if they aren't going to be able to accept it, but it's a bit frustrating for the person looking over offers.

Sometimes I forget vamp bites that count as the egg slot for 24 hours. I use AoTH to double check my count, but it doesn't show those. Silly, as the eggshell is there but, they stick around for so long I tend to ignore the eggshells out of habit. Other than that, it's just the person just plain missed the egg.

Frustrating though especially as I'm sure I won't get another offer of that size on the trade alone, but I probably could have on both this egg and the one I dropped.

(and I really just want that 4d3 white hatchy /grabby hands)

Something rather like this happened to me not long ago. I posted a second gen egg from one of my Shadow Alts in the trading thread. I got several nice offers, picked one... and the person was unable to accept due to not having room for the egg. I ended up accepting a different offer.

I don't know why a person would make an offer if they aren't going to be able to accept it, but it's a bit frustrating for the person looking over offers.

this has happened to me a couple times and what's worse is that I knew they were unlocked before but between the first time I looked and the time I went to go accept their offer they picked up more eggs ....

Slightly off topic, but is related.

I for one, can seem to get it through my head on why if you are replacing one egg for another, 1:1, that you can't trade if one is egglocked.

Example:

User 1 has a two-way trade link up offering one egg. User 2 offers one egg, but is egglocked. The egglock keeps the trade from going through even though...AFAIK the transfer is instant both ways. So in theory the trade items would instantly swap places and the egglock shouldn't be a hinderance.

It doesn't make sense to me...