Powered by Invision Power Board

Welcome Guest, Please Read This.
! Welcome to the Dragon Cave Forums! If you aren't sure what to do, here are a list of recommended locations:

Board Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Edit Your Profile
Search the Forum

Also, please make sure you read the pinned topics in each forum before posting there, as they contain important information. In addition, if you are signed up on the Dragon Cave, please make your account ID (At the end of your scroll link) visible, either in your profile or your signature.

This box will go away on its own once you reach 10 posts.

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Clickable Eggs, Sorta like Clickable Smilies
ticonderoga2
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 02:35 AM
Quote Post

Level 4

Group: Members
Member No.: 178,478

This would be super awesome! I would love this!
PM
WraithZephyr
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

Level 13

Member No.: 25,685

Using outside links for the smilies runs the risk of images being broken anytime the files are changed there but not here so collecting the images from wiki would be a waste of time (and we all know that the wiki gets hacked from time to time). The necessary images obviously are already stored on the DC servers so it would be a matter of TJ taking the time to pull them to add here in the forum.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
pinkgothic
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 08:37 AM
Quote Post

Don't be careful, be immortal!

Member No.: 22,399

Yes, yes! This would be awesome! On a completely selfish note it would let me change my maketrade script that saves me a bunch of typing to... save me even more typing, by not having to fill in the image links later. laugh.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Sinister-by-Nature
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 181,852

Im for this all the way! 100%! It does get annoying having to go back and fourth from the wiki just to get on image, and this would just make life so much easier!
PM
SockPuppet Strangler
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 02:54 PM
Quote Post

Wednesday has been canceled due to a scheduling potato.

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 7,406

QUOTE (WraithZephyr @ Mar 31 2012, 07:25 AM)
Using outside links for the smilies runs the risk of images being broken anytime the files are changed there but not here so collecting the images from wiki would be a waste of time (and we all know that the wiki gets hacked from time to time). The necessary images obviously are already stored on the DC servers so it would be a matter of TJ taking the time to pull them to add here in the forum.

I was actually thinking that part of putting them on the sticky would be hosting them on a new photobucket account controlled by whomever got the list together.

Because, while this would make things easier, this would be a huge amount of smilies, and they'd show up for people not in the trading section, too, which they might not enjoy.
PMEmail Poster
olympe
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 03:27 PM
Quote Post

IOU Trader

Member No.: 49,835

The problem with hosting them on Photobucket is that you'd have to remember the whole account number/name/whatever plus the folder the pic is saved under plus the name of the pic itself. However, as smilies, all you'd have to remember (if this is implemented correctly) is something like :egg_white: or :hatchie_1_BBW: or :hatchie_m_gold:. Even a sticky would be better than an external PB account. However, if TJ could host the sprites for all tradeable eggs and hatchies on DC, it would be much easier if he used some easy-to-remember system. (The sprites could then be found under dragcave.net/egg/white.gif or dragcave.net/hatchie/1/BBW or dragcave.net/hatchie/m/gold, which would be pretty easy to remember.) This would also allow for implementation of common merged sprites, like trios, tinsel eggs or all stripes (or whatever people tend to request in one go).
PMEmail Poster
SockPuppet Strangler
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Wednesday has been canceled due to a scheduling potato.

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 7,406

QUOTE (olympe @ Mar 31 2012, 02:27 PM)
The problem with hosting them on Photobucket is that you'd have to remember the whole account number/name/whatever plus the folder the pic is saved under plus the name of the pic itself. However, as smilies, all you'd have to remember (if this is implemented correctly) is something like :egg_white: or :hatchie_1_BBW: or :hatchie_m_gold:. Even a sticky would be better than an external PB account. However, if TJ could host the sprites for all tradeable eggs and hatchies on DC, it would be much easier if he used some easy-to-remember system. (The sprites could then be found under dragcave.net/egg/white.gif or dragcave.net/hatchie/1/BBW or dragcave.net/hatchie/m/gold, which would be pretty easy to remember.) This would also allow for implementation of common merged sprites, like trios, tinsel eggs or all stripes (or whatever people tend to request in one go).

The photobucket account is for the sticky I proposed on the first page if this was shot down.
PMEmail Poster
Ashywolf
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 05:54 PM
Quote Post

Ohai TJ09

Member No.: 65,661

Yes please. This would be awesome.

With the smily box issue, can we not just have a second box (next to Show All there could be an Eggs/Hatchling option(s))?
PM
Completely Different
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

Ubercharge ready!

Member No.: 37,810

Sounds great! I'm all for it.
PMEmail Poster
clearfire
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 09:42 PM
Quote Post

Level 1

Member No.: 189,085

I support this!
PMEmail Poster
EeveeSkitty
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 05:14 AM
Quote Post

Level 8

Member No.: 23,057

This would be amazing. Especially good for trading, quite a pain to go google up images of eggs you're trading (since using the image code for the egg on the site won't work).
PM
wmldrive
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Level 2

Member No.: 80,661

Great idea!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Dragonsoulj
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

Level 2

Member No.: 189,665

As for the clickable idea for them, you could just have someone (I'm assuming TJ is the one in charge of the boards, I'm new here, so he probably should) download all the images and create "smiley" packs. These can be uploaded, and if worst comes to worst and they can't be put in the forum storage area (there is a designated are for smileys), then you can just upload them in a hidden forum and use the links. The smiley packs should work with Invision software, or at least they did last time I checked.

By uploaded, I mean the admin area should have a form for uploading a zip file of smileys.

This post has been edited by Dragonsoulj on Apr 5 2012, 09:31 PM
PMEmail Poster
Kowasaci2
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 01:59 AM
Quote Post

Level 1

Member No.: 189,987

I fully support this idea!
PMEmail Poster
demonicvampiregirl
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 02:36 AM
Quote Post

Feel free to call me Demi!~

Member No.: 5,396

I agree with this. It would make it so much easier for people to show differences and things like that. (like how people have issues with White/Silver/Grey eggs)
PM
Anna Selka
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 04:45 AM
Quote Post

Level 6

Member No.: 40,101

I think this is a great idea, it would save a lot of time. I fully support this idea ! biggrin.gif poptartFINALTINY.gif
PMEmail Poster
MessengerDragon
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 02:16 AM
Quote Post

Level 4

Member No.: 186,821

This would be great!!!!!!! It always takes me ages to get images into posts, and this would really help.
Also, about the smileys box being huge, maybe you could make a 'show dragon smileys' button, like the 'show all' button that there is at the moment.
PMEmail Poster
TealDraco
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 10:59 AM
Quote Post

Level 2

Member No.: 190,140

Oh yes, yes, yes, yes. Please let it happen! It sounds great! xd.png I'm in support 100%
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topic