Aurora-Silver

SMT / Persona

Well that interview could go well if you were in an interview to work on the Persona team xd.png

Maybe xd.png

I had a thought. With there just being the five chairs everyone is saying that must mean there will only be five team members in the next game. That either means four 'fighting' members and an off screen 'analysis' one or they drop the 'analysis' member in favour of five 'fighting' ones, like in P1 & P2.

A lot of people saying the smaller group might also means that the entire team will be wildcard users, or at least weaker versions of, like being able to raise Persona of an Arcana they have a good affinity with faster than others.

So my idea is this, what if the inital Persona of the MC has both fighting and analysis powers? We've already seen Persona capable of this in the series, so why not give this job to the MC? Bonus points if in order to keep this power the Persona with it is locked into the MC's Persona bank and maybe learns skills/evolves as the Fool social link is leveled up.

Mmm... that could work.

But what if it ends up being to much for the MC?

I don't see how, I mean gameplay wise it wouldn't be much different for the MC to 'scan' the enemy himself from asking someone else to do it. If it is an enemy you haven't come across before then it'll take a while (like a separate analysis character would normally do) and if you have scanned an enemy before it would happen instantly or the MC would just 'remember'.

Well I think the scan should stay with certain arcana or Persona. Seeing that the MC juggles between quite a bit of of persona's the skill set would jump quite a round and designing something like that for almost every person might be quite exhausting.

Oh beat the head master for now in P2

That's why I thought the power should stay with the MC's initial Persona (his Izanagi if you know what I mean) and that Persona would be locked into his party, so it can't be fused or dismissed.

Awesome! What did you name the MC?

I would go with it if only that persona if it is able to learn more awesome skills that no other can do.

I kept the games name... Don't ask me what it is. I just pressed x as much as I could xd.png

Well since the 'initial' Persona would at first by their only Persona, it would need some combat skills. Maybe if you make certain choices in the game you could unlock special skills for it as you go along as well? Like maybe if you reach a 'moral' plot point and you have to chose between two options, chosing one will unlock a extra strong attack skill?

Tatsuya Suou?

That wouldn't be a bad idea. What if it had some impact on the social links as well?

Yeah something like that.

I guess it depends on how much programming or whatever they needed to do. I always thought it would be fun to have a Persona that 'leveled' along with the decisions you make in game.

Say you have 20 potential social links (Magician through to Aeon), as well as the Fool arcana and your initial Persona (Going to call this Persona 'Bob' for example purposes) knows two skills from the start, Scan and Bash.

As the game progresses and the Fool arcana levels up the Scan or Bash ability evolves into stronger versions, at alternate levels, until they reache their strongest forms at Max Fool level. This will leave Bob with Full Scan (able to see everything about an enemy right away) and God's Hand.

For every four social links the MC maxes, Bob learns another skill; Traesto, Diarahan, Heat Riser, Debilitate and Megidolaon.

This gives currently Bob a total of seven skills out of eight skill slots.

In order to get the eighth skill, Bob will have needed to get the other seven first and on completetion of the Judgement arcana Bob will turn into Super Bob and learn Victory Cry.

Super Bob is now a powerhouse that can sweep through entire mobs of Shadows all on his own, but only if you have maxed all the social links in the game. Since Bob can't be fused or entered into the compendium, you'll have to repeat this every playthrough.

Well, they're making a dancing game... for persona... and it's not using motion controls or ddr style technology.

Am I the only one who thinks the persona dance game is going a little too far?

Oh my freaking soul!

Where did you get that?!

So loving the Persona look!

I have my sources o3o

But yes, I love the look. And it's wearing a top hat!

Where are his glasses though?

Maybe he only needs it for reading

I saw someone in the comments section just posted it as well

The wording in the left corner is

"What awaits us? Will it be glory? Or will it be destruction?"

Or it could mean

"Whether ruin glory is to listen"

Thats what the one guys said xd.png

Its buffering for me so I don't know what I'm missing or not X.X

Plot twist thats not the player character its the villain!

I actually like the sound of it all being one big game he's laid out for the heroes.

I don't know... but I wonder if they do say something if the P5 site will "officially" open?