Aurora-Silver

SMT / Persona

Er....what is Persona? Is it mobile? Because if it is, I can get it

Eh *shurgs* I don't know

He could be dreaming it as well!

@ Esko: It'll be on the PS3 and PS4.

Yeah, I think the last two MCs first visit the VR room in their dreams.

I need to know more D:

Okay, I can just say that I'm a little creeped out right now? This game series is pretty rare, meaning it's not the type of game you see in every store. But, I literitally just now, like three minutes ago finish watching the Persona 3 movie and then this thread pops up in the video game section? Heh, I think something is trying to tell me something. I have persona three, so maybe it's telling me to play it again, since I haven't in a while and I can beat it, which surprises me since there aren't very many games I can beat.

lol, I may be a gamer, but I'm far from a master. happy.gif;

But anyway, I love this game. I have no idea what the forth one's about, since the Persona series seems to follow the theme of the Final Fantasy games. Meaning each numbered game is a completely different story, with different characters, attitude and so forth. My favorite one is Persona 3. smile.gif

This thread has been around for a while, but it's been bumped up a lot in the last 24ish hours because they have just released the trailer for the fifth game.

But yeah, all of the games follow their own plot (apart from IS & EP) so you can play them in any order and not miss out.

This thread has been around for a while, but it's been bumped up a lot in the last 24ish hours because they have just released the trailer for the fifth game.

But yeah, all of the games follow their own plot (apart from IS & EP) so you can play them in any order and not miss out.

The fifth one, ey? Sounds like something worth checking out. Looks like I have good timing with my choice of anime series to watch. x3

I wonder though, I'm way behind on the Persona updates, so I'm probably asking things that every Persona fans knows by now, but Hearing there's an anime series for Persona 4, is it close to what the game is about? or are they trying out different things?

I'm looking forward to getting back into these games, since I want to try something new and give my poor Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and pokemon games a break. I'm surprised I haven't broken them yet as much as I've played them. xd.png

Fortune is the know it all when it comes to Persona

The P4: The Animation series is actually dead on with the game in my eyes.

Then there is the P4: The Golden Animation. I haven't checked all of it yet but from what I gather the highlight all the funny stuff in the game.

I've only played P4 for the PS2 and P4 Golden for the PS Vita.

Fortune played all of them.

Fortune is the know it all when it comes to Persona

The P4: The Animation series is actually dead on with the game in my eyes.

Then there is the P4: The Golden Animation. I haven't checked all of it yet but from what I gather the highlight all the funny stuff in the game.

I've only played P4 for the PS2 and P4 Golden for the PS Vita.

Fortune played all of them.

Well, that's good to know. I've only seen P4 for the X-box systems so the anime series sounds like a good place to check out the story. ^^

I'll see if it's on the website I go to for all the best anime series. Thanks!

The P4 Animation is pretty good and follows the main plot of the game fairly well, with a few differences of course.

The P4 Golden Animation is basically 'extra bits' focused on scenes and relationships from the remake (Persona 4 Golden). I wouldn't watch it unless you have seen the first anime or played either of the game versions.

Edit: Courtesy of Siliconera/Famitsu.

The protagonist is a second-year high school student, who transfers to the city during the spring (around the time of the start of a new school year in Japan.) He’ll move into a coffee shop owned by acquaintances of his parents.

The game starts out in Shibuya, but the stage is set in various parts of Tokyo.

This is a vague hint, but for what it’s worth, the protagonist has some sort of problem that will lead to trouble down the line if he doesn’t fight it. The part of the recent trailer that showed him imprisoned was a symbol for a “prison of mind”.

The dungeon that was shown in the trailer was not automatically-generated, and the story will have various main places that are suitable for a challenge to a phantom thief with all kinds of stages and gimmicks. However, this doesn’t mean there won’t be any auto-generated elements in game.

There will be some sort of Social Link-like feature in Persona 5.

The protagonist’s first exclusively usable Persona is named “Arsène”. This is likely derived from the famous phantom thief, Arsène Lupin.

In previous titles, the Persona summoning scene had the Japanese onomatopoeia of “カッ” (kka) which is something often used to depict a flash or clicking sound. In Persona 5, it’s “ブチッ” (buchi) which is a snapping sound (either physically or mentally).

Edited by Fortune86

Ah that is quite interesting!

I read about Arsène Lupin and that this was one of the big inspirations for the game

Well it makes things a bit simpler for me. Since his Persona is French I'm going to pretend that the MC is half French and name him Darcy o3o Noiw just to find a suitable last name xd.png

If he is living at a coffee shop, then does that mean he will have a set part time job?

Do you think the name Darcy is manly enough for a thief?

Well it would be kind interesting if he does... maybe thats how he get to know his fellow team mates better!

That's why I need a good last name. Something to help beat it up a bit xd.png

I'm imaging him in a pinny now xd.png

A kind of apron.

user posted image

Aprons tend to be heavier (for protection while cooking), while pinnys (or pinafores) are more aesthetic and can be used as a uniform.

There was a fashion years ago to dress little girls up in them (Alice in Wonderland).

Ah okay I see...

The manly thief turns then into a manly waiter!

An excellent cover o3o

If he is living with a couple then maybe they'll have kids of their own? Older/younger brother/sister situation?

Yep.

What if they kick it up a bit and make the MC the 'Nanako' to the couple's older child? They'd be all like 'I have to protect Hari Potta because they are a dork and can't take of themselves' then near the end discover the MC was this badass thief the entire time.

That would cause some serious twist...

What if... one of the social links was Nanako as a girlfriend, of course a older Nanako xd.png

Well we have no idea what year the game is taking place, so it could well be an option. Sh might be about 13-15 years old by now.

I think it would be cool if a badass like him would date her xd.png Or for the thief version of him xd.png

I think Yu would have a heart attack xd.png

I kind of see Phantom being a sort of in universe heart throb. All the girls would have huge crushes on him and pin pictures of him to their walls ad stuff xd.png

Can you blame them!

Every girl secretly likes the bad boy!

They might get more female players now xd.png

Even if we can't have Nanako, I hope that one of the datable girls has a parent or aunt/uncle in the police force. How funny would it be to be out on a date and your girlfriend brings up the Phantom and how they never get to see their mom/dad because they are out chasing them all the time. All the players will be like 'Oooops. Sorry'. mellow.gif

More tidbits:

-the guns they are using are not real guns

-if you build a stronger relationship with helpers from the city (I assume it's people like the gun shopkeepers and nurses from the PV but not sure) it will benefit your battle

-The 2 characters and cat are characters you meet in the early part of the game. The boy and girl both has problems like the MC. The mysterious cat is key part of the story.

-the anime part was done by Production I.G.

-the battle system is still command-based.