Skypool

How Do YOU catch a rare egg

I really dont have any rare dragons laugh.gif (except MAYBE my chicken, if that counts). At best, probably uncommons. Although, my tactic is to just wait at the mainpage, cursor over the third egg, and press F5 like a madman.

I wait for someone kind/generous to give me one...

For now most of my rares came from trades and the departure board smile.gif Humm...hoping to receive surprising gifts xd.png That'd be really lovely

By spending hours refreshing in the AP and cave.

Sit there, staring at the cave, refresh a lot looking for it, lock self with an egg that isn't really needed but "the description looked cool"

xd.png

I try to remember the descriptions and then F5 and wait for the description to show up. sometimes I get a rare, more often I miss them. dry.gif

I also trade them and have been gifted a couple. biggrin.gif

I caught a Cheese egg when there was a lot of lag, I guess most people thought "too much lag" and didn't bother trying. Everything else I got by trading. Sometimes it's easier to catch something I don't want but know to be sought after in the trading thread.

During new releases people tend to dump everything on their scrolls to make room for the new eggs. So if you want rares but don't mind missing the first rush of the new eggs the AP on a new release day is a good place to hunt.

Luck and speed...

Not by going "Hey look bro,see this nebula dragon,i want one of these"

i actually did this and missed it -.-

I don't, my comp is just not up to it. But thankfully there are some very kind gifters around. I've tried F5, but just end up laughing at my own optimism.

That is what I do but I put mine over the first or second.

All the new eggs pop into the right egg column, so chances are, you won't get a rare that way

In addition to everything that's mentioned before (F5, hover over 3rd egg, memorize descriptions, etc), here's my technique:

I often double-click the eggs I want, because sometimes when I only click once, fast, it will have a little box around it as if I clicked it but it won't follow the link. Once it has a loading bar, leave it alone, don't click again. Right-click and open it in a new tab if you want, but leave the one loading.

Sometimes F5 is fastest. Sometimes clicking the "Cave" link is fastest. Sometimes hitting Tab and then Enter is fastest. I use a particular combination of these, usually, which I find to be pretty reliable.

If there's any egg that's not super-common in the cave (like, a Red or something), that's when I'll pay special attention. Once it goes back to pinks, balloons, mints, etc, then it slows down and people aren't going to click the new ones as much.

I've only gotten two rares in the AP: my gold (which was LUCKY - it was the only time I went to the AP that day, didn't even refresh. And it wasn't even a trade) and my first vamp.

But in the Cave, apart from the times I clicked once and it didn't load, or the times my scroll was locked, I've gotten just about every rare I've seen (which haven't been many, honestly).

I got a chicken by scanning the main cave. It is easy to snatch the egg because there are about 84 or 94 people there. For pymies, they are harder to catch on the main cave. I think people got confused with chicken and pymies.

Pymies are "This egg is so tiny you almost didn't see it".

Chickens are "This egg is a third the size of the other eggs".

On the AP, it is too easy. Beside the "You can't find the egg/hatchling in the abandoned page". This quote always annoys me. I can't get the egg and i have to search for a new one.

to be honest my only rares are holidays and a yellow dino hatchie + a cheese egg. It's obvious how I got the seasonal eggs and I was lucky with the dino. and very lucky with the cheese.

I usually start by facerolling the keyboard and hope I hit the "I win" button.

Hmm? What do you mean that doesn't work!? Well no wonder I don't have any rares.

Doesn't look like many others are having luck either, seeing how blocked the main cave has been lately :P Those of you who snatch up eggs within the second must have patience of steel.

When I'm in the mood I go to the main cave and refresh until I see a rare and try to get it. Not very good tactic but what can you do :/ Thats propably why I dont have that many rares (2 chickens, dino, paper, magma and thunder)...

Edited by Heinips

I do the thing where you mouse over the third egg on the main page, but my computer is weird so F5 doesn't work, I have to click the CAVE button over and over again. I look for a key word in the descriptions, like for cheeses i look for "uncannily" and for papers i look for "tiny" (but this doesnt work, 'cause i usually end up with pygmies.) and for dinos, i just look for a description that takes up 4 lines. this works pretty well actually. during the summer, I managed to get 2 cheeses, 2 chickens, and 1 paper in a week. And even though the dinos should be easy, i can only get them on my friends acount and not mine.

Well, I have never got any dragons from trades.. I got them from the AP and the cave

I click on the AP then the cave, then the AP again....and I try to click on the egg I want as fast as I can!

I get unbreedables from the cave and hatchies from the AP all the time.

However, today I got a CB thunder trio. O_O

AHHH I'M SO EXCITED.

How do I catch rares?

...I don't. xd.png

Somehow they seem rarer than before, maybe I'm just playing differently or something. I dunno. I haven't gotten a rare (or an uncommon...) in a looooong time now.