Skypool

How Do YOU catch a rare egg

I'm an impatient catcher, so I just take advantage of the fact that I can collect 7 eggs at a time.

I usually pick a habitat with few users on it, then collect an egg and snatch anything that appears in the third slot. I'm usually overburdened after less than 1 minute, but about half the times I get an unusual or rare CB. That's how I caught CB vines, whites and even a CB black and Magma this week blink.gif

Edited for epic redundancy and typos :B

Edited by Daydreamdragon

I put my cursor over the third egg on the main page and press F5 over and over. If I see one pop into that spot, I click.

That's what I do. For the AP...chance.

I'm an impatient catcher, so I just take advantage of the fact that I can collect 7 eggs at a time.

I usually pick a habitat with few users on it, then collect an egg and snatch anything that appears in the third slot. I'm usually overburdened after less than 1 minute, but about half the times I get an unusual or rare CB. That's how I caught CB vines, whites and even a CB black and Magma this week blink.gif

Edited for epic redundancy and typos :B

That's actually a really interesting way to go about it. I've never thought of just wild-clicking with lots of scroll-spots open, before.

Sit there and wait like my dragon would. (Not that I ever catch anything.)

Edited by aquamarine__

I just do a lot of waiting around and hope I'll get lucky. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. laugh.gif

I'm pathetic at catching rares, and I blame this on my incredibly slow clicking reflexes. So I'm really liking the tips on here. The only method I've established is to continually press F5 and make a dash for it if a rare pops up. (Which isn't exactly working too good.)

I'm curious though, why do people stick with the third slots on the Biomes pages?

^ It's where the latest egg appears.

I guess I press F5 about 2 times a second and keep my cursor wherever I need it to be to catch what I am looking for. The first/second egg slot on the AP if I want a hatchling or ER egg. The bottom if I want a 7 day rare. The middle if I want either.

Edited by emerald7fire

I hover over the third slot and hit F5 over and over again.

I've managed to catch 2 CB silvers and 2 CB blacks this way and countless CB nebulas, CB vines, CB whites, a CB magma, and 2 CB thunders...

Sometimes, I'll wait for 30+ minutes in one biome just refreshing. It's irritating.

It's also easier to catch rares during the drops in-between the big drops. I caught the 2 silvers in-between drops. There's less people online; I think both times I caught those I was in the desert and there were like 2 users listed as being online at the time.

I usually have the best luck in the desert when catching rares.

For holiday release catching:

* turn off images and Javascript (I'm not sure Javascript matters for this technique, but it can't hurt)

* pick one of the three egg slots and put the cursor on it

* hit F5 and *immediately* start clicking like mad, using modifier keys to make sure that the link opens in a new tab or window in the background. This might mean control-click, control-shift-click, or something else, depending on your browser.

What will happen is that you'll make several attempts to catch the egg that's been sitting on the page since your last refresh, which is already taken, so those will fail. But as soon as the page reloads, you'll click the new egg. This is much faster than waiting to see that the page has reloaded and then clicking.

I catch my rares with blind luck. Managed to catch a good tinsel while Halloween hunting in the AP the other day. I've managed to catch a few CB Trios, but nothing overly impressive otherwise.

I usually stalk the AP for a few minutes at a time here and there. Most of my rares come from the Newbie Gifting Project. =w='

For holiday release catching:

* turn off images and Javascript (I'm not sure Javascript matters for this technique, but it can't hurt)

* pick one of the three egg slots and put the cursor on it

* hit F5 and *immediately* start clicking like mad, using modifier keys to make sure that the link opens in a new tab or window in the background. This might mean control-click, control-shift-click, or something else, depending on your browser.

What will happen is that you'll make several attempts to catch the egg that's been sitting on the page since your last refresh, which is already taken, so those will fail. But as soon as the page reloads, you'll click the new egg. This is much faster than waiting to see that the page has reloaded and then clicking.

Wow thats exactly what i do!! lol! Well except for the javascript. Lol!

stalk the caves and hope i get lucky to no avail. and for holidays click and hope i get lucky. im not the best

1. To have patience

3. Being able to click fast

2. Be very lucky

Edited by HappYou

When hunting for rares, the best strategy I found that work for me is focusing on one type of egg.

Looking for key words also help.

Like when I was hunting for CB blacks, I kept looking for anything with "green glow in it".

It really helps focusing on one type of egg, because you do not get locked with stuff you don't want.

For Holiday eggs I'm the classic refresh spammer, I click on an egg 50 times while hitting refresh at the same time.

For normal rares I just wait till I stumble upon one.

I'm pathetic at catching rares, and I blame this on my incredibly slow clicking reflexes. So I'm really liking the tips on here. The only method I've established is to continually press F5 and make a dash for it if a rare pops up. (Which isn't exactly working too good.)

I'm curious though, why do people stick with the third slots on the Biomes pages?

I also cannot catch rares. Whenever one shows up, I'll just kind of stare at it for twenty seconds.

I'm terrible at catching rares. The reason I have any rares at all is because of some very very nice gifters and the very few times I've had EXTREMELY good catching luck.

I use a lot of the techniques that have been mentioned here, but quite honestly most of my rares I got out of pure dumb luck. I decided to go egg hunting, and the first biome I clicked on, there was a rare in the third spot. Even though I told myself, it had to have already been taken, I clicked it anyway. I got a CB Thunder, CB Ice, Chicken, 2 Cheeses, a Paper, and a Dino that way. It doesn't happen every day, but never skip over an egg just because you think it's been there too long.

I've refined my techniques a bit since I last posted here and in fact, I've gotten pretty good at catching AP tinsels.

My tinsel trick:

If the AP isn't full I'll hover in the middle of the lowest row, between two eggs. Hover and refresh, I actually only refresh about once a second unless things are actually moving in there. Pretty much just wait for something to pop. I actually don't like hunting when the AP is close to empty because that means everyone is going to be hunting the same part of the AP. Got a much better chance when the AP is full so I don't hunt much when it isn't unless I'm bored.

When it is full I'll go to the second to bottom row and hover, again in the middle. Same deal, hover and refresh, the faster eggs are moving the more often I refresh. Then it's just waiting for the shiny to pop up. If you're lucky it'll be adjacent to the cursor, if not well it's worth clicking anyways. Unless someone else happens to be right on top of it you'll still have a chance to grab since shinies usually take a moment to register lol.

I've caught probably close to, if not more than 20 tinsels out of the AP, most of them by using this technique. Fast internet helps of course. It's not foolproof by any means, but I think I've a pretty good success rate. Hunting the AP during the hour drop increases your chances of actually snagging a tinsel of course, since a lot of the fast catchers will be in the Biomes looking for CB rares.

The other thing I've noticed is that when you see one, be ready for more. You may miss the first one but chances are pretty good that another will pop up very soon. When people breed tinsels to AP drop, they generally breed more than one at a time. I've caught 2 and sometimes 3 in a row simply because I was prepared for them to drop after seeing the first one.

I haven't tried this technique with anything else simply because no other rare is breeding so well right now. I'm sure you could use it for desired commons too, I just find that tinsel eggs stand out so much that they are much easier to spot. Gotta be careful though, sunstone eggs can look like a tinsel and fool you if you aren't careful.

you use the Element of Refresh

no rare egg

*refresh*

no rare egg

*refresh*

rare egg

*the click of faith*

PROFIT