purple_amethyst

okami

mad.gif Block head! The evil being of okami! There is a 12 weak point one for a stray bead... bad stary bead!

It's eight points.

I always had a dry erase marker and I would quickly mark it on the tv as it popped up. :b seemed to work~

It's eight points.

really? I thought the one on Oni island was eight points...

I always had a dry erase marker and I would quickly mark it on the tv as it popped up. :b seemed to work~

I was always a bit wary about trying that in case it left permanent marks on the TV.

(I know you said "dry-erase" but in my experience those things react differently to different surfaces.)

I was always a bit wary about trying that in case it left permanent marks on the TV.

(I know you said "dry-erase" but in my experience those things react differently to different surfaces.)

I recorded it with my cellphone.

Another option is staticing a piece of paper to the front or getting a friend to help.

Another option is staticing a piece of paper to the front or getting a friend to help.

This I did.

But only for Blockhead Grande.

It was decent, but it's seriously overhyped on the Internet.

Edited by RedWolfen

Well, my post search thing isn't working, so I went back and looked myself for a topic on this game. If there was one, its been a while lol

Anyways, I absolutely love okami. I think its a beautiful, well thought out game with a very creative story line. I love how its based on japanese folklore too. I wanted to know what other people thought of it too.

For the ammy fans out there:

Have you beat the game?

Have you found all of the stray beads?

Gotten all of the weapons?

Had trouble with spider gates?

Found all the secret brush techniques?

Etc.

Cause I know these are some of my favorite aspects of the game...well, except the spider gates. But anyone else who has taken these on knows why.

Okami is such a ba game.. So, far I'm at the very last part of the game "just before u go up onto to ark." My plan is to stock up on all items, weapons, find the stray beads & what ever else I missed before Ammy goes to fight the last boss. I mean this is the last part of the game & I can't have Ammy dieing.

Edited by AngealAxel

Have you beat the game?

Twice.

Have you found all of the stray beads?

No.

Gotten all of the weapons?

Yes.

Had trouble with spider gates?

I haven't played in a while so I can't remember what those are...

Found all the secret brush techniques?

I think so...

Etc.

One of my favorite games. I never had any trouble with blockheads...

I've beaten this game like probably thirty times in the two years I've had it.

It's a wonderful game and I am excited for Okamiden, but I'm pretty sure it won't be as good as the original, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high.

I never bothered with the stray bead things; I only need a few more though.. I never went out of my way to find them. xd.png

Blockhead on Oni Island, the very first time I was there for literally hours; and I almost smashed my controller to the point of no return, but now I can get past him in usually one try; sometimes two, rarely up to five.

The ending boss fight is kind of.. =/

I mean it's a pretty spectacular fight and it's fun and all, but I can still not take the thing seriously. It's like a fetus in a big ball.. xd.png

I played Okamiden, got the special box from Japan.

It's pretty fun as long as you don't expect it to be exactly like the original. It is a DS game and doesn't have the same capabilities.

Overall I found it fun. It was a little difficult only on the level that I couldn't actually read anything - I think if I had been able to, it would have been easier.

There aren't all baby imps, there's a lot of cool demons that appear too (some really annoying ones for that matter).

Also, the end boss is really awesome.

Only got through a little bit of Okami, but I find it's one of the best games I've played. It's very stylish, love the calligraphic imagery and the fluidness of the graphics. I did have it on Wii, but I sold it after getting severely frustrated by the controls and bought the PS2 version. I love just running through the fields watching Ammy's feet create flowers as she ran smile.gif

So, I finished okamiden and I got all of the treasures in the game except for one, and I still need 3 more parts of Issun's masterpieces. Does anyone have or has found a good item guide? I tried searching online, but the game is too new for me to find one.

I'm also in love with black sun chibi :3

So, I finished okamiden and I got all of the treasures in the game except for one, and I still need 3 more parts of Issun's masterpieces. Does anyone have or has found a good item guide? I tried searching online, but the game is too new for me to find one.

I'm also in love with black sun chibi :3

Try gamefaqs.com, some good guides are starting to go up.

There are some items - including the masterpieces - that are impossible to get once you miss, you have to play all over again. (Found this out myself)

Try gamefaqs.com, some good guides are starting to go up.

There are some items - including the masterpieces - that are impossible to get once you miss, you have to play all over again. (Found this out myself)

I'm guessing some of those items were in the ruins? xd.png That shouldn't be a problem, since I just started playing a new game. Thanks~!

I'm guessing some of those items were in the ruins? xd.png That shouldn't be a problem, since I just started playing a new game. Thanks~!

Yep, that is one.

Also, the demon market and the pagoda before you defeat the catfish (including any area around it before you mess with the water) are big ones.

.....did Capcom start murdering babies or something? I don't see what the deal is. >->

No no, they just messed up a few games (not a lot but there were a few disappointments) that were highly anticipated by a strict fanbase. MVC3 for example, great game, but they didn't do much in the character pool and they removed some old favorites like Megaman for Zero. Resident Evil 5 was another let down in the long run just because it was no long scary and it felt like you were going through a shooter instead of a horror-survival game (and it was eerily similiar to RE4 in some places)

Just because something is popular isn't a real reason to hate it.

In my opinion, if something is good it doesn't matter if it's popular or not. What matters most is if you like it.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Resident Evil 5 was another let down in the long run just because it was no long scary and it felt like you were going through a shooter instead of a horror-survival game

waaaaaah, re5 had some of the scariest moments ever....like reapers scared the censorkip.gif out of me

I <3 Okami 8DDD

Beaten it? twice.

Working on getting all the stray beads for the third.

Yes, no not really, and yes. Favorite is definitely Mist.

I've started playing Okamiden too, and I have to say, its pretty good. The only thing I don't really like about it is that once you freeze the screen to draw, then it doesn't move, whereas in the Wii version, the camera still can move.

All in all its still really good, but I like Okami better. biggrin.gif

My favorite technique is wind, cherrybomb, mist, fireburst, blizzard, powerslash, bloom, and I forgot the other one.

Oh, and the art of DIGAHOLE!

Great game.

A-huh, a-huh, A-huh, a-huh, A-huh, a-huh...

I had my brother-in-law's borrowed PS2 for a week and played every waking moment to try to beat the game. I wish I'd had time to look around more and do more of the sidequests.