purple_amethyst

okami

Wolves lift their leg to show dominance. An alpha female wolf will lift her leg as well.

All of the animals you feed refer to Ammy as mother to us all, and that one ghost sees her as a maiden.

And no, in Japan gods/goddesses aren't genderless.

Exactly. When you enter the Gale Shrine, the ghost at the entrance addresses Ammy as a "beautiful maiden". Not to mention when people refer to animals of unknown gender, they call them "he". On the subject, I think I'm one of the few people who still believe that Shiranui is female. Stupid Okamiden translators . . .

Shiranui is simply an aspect of Ammy, and so is Chibi. They're all Ammy, no matter what their gender is.

Yes, I know it's weird, but still.

Also, flygon rocks.

Isn't randomly cherry bombing people fun?

Oh yes.

I also enjoy headbutting Mrs Orange into the river.

Personally I think of Ammy as a 'she'.

I cut down the trees you restore, sometimes. Especially the ones that through their fruit at you. REVENGE! REVEEEEEEEENGE!

Man I hate those stone guardian things (cant think of name) you know you have to get the brush in the right place (red dot) to destory them and get past. Ive rage quit my game so many times because of them. Some one tell me you've had trouble with them too? Theres one infront of a Stray Bead and I'v been trying to get at it for a good 4X i've replayed the game.

Blockhead.

Damn those *insertcursehere* creatures. I managed most of them after a few tries until I met Blockhead Grande.

There are two ways to 'beat' him. I.e, cheat.

The first is to use some kind of camera, like a mobile phone, to record where the dots are.

The second is the pen and paper method (which I used twice). You tape some paper to the screen, mark the 4 x 4 grid (16 possible spots for the dots) and number them.

Then hit him and write down the numbers in order.

Blockheads thanks!

I havent tried the camera trick yet but I have tried the Pen and paper method. Hm I'll try the camera trick next time I play, Gotta finish Skyrim first

I might replay it if I ever manage to install my PS2 in my room. At the moment it's down in the living room and I'm playing Nocturne.

One of the best parts of getting all the beads in the first run though is that you can skip the bad minigames in every one after that.

Curse you dog racer chick. Curse you!

OH THE BEADS.

The beads are a pain.

Fortune, your user is familiar...

Sorry, I meant username.

I'm a tad bit sleepy, and I didn't proofread that.

We've spoken in the Final Fantasy, Chocobo and Kingdom Hearts threads.

So what mini games did you guys hate in Okami?

I liked the digging games personally.

I hated chasing the burglar more than once and I didn't care for the lillypad traveling game.

Hm yes I liked the digging games, although there was one which I just couldnt do. I hate chasing that mail messager and his friend(bro? Cant remember been too long since I last played) more then once.

I was okay with the digging games, except maybe one I had to look up.

I hated the racing/chasing games and the lilipad ferry one.

I didn't hate any minigame really. the digging ones though (one of the ones that had the stay bead and tons of stuff to get through) annoyed me though. Just one did, the others weren't that bad...

The blockheads I thought were kinda funny and found them fun. I killed them all on the first try without any cheats (I have good memory apparently) but I do admit, the last blockhead you had to kill was annoying... very annoying.

The racing/chasing games I tried to avoid. I mean I didn't mind they were there but I preferred to run on my own terms, not chase some dude...

I've beat okami once and am playing it again to get the shiranui karmic transformer. The beads are too much of a pain though, never bothered with them. Never found all the weapons either tongue.gif

I kind of like the digging game, used to hate it, until I figured out that you can use the wind to blow the guy along, it made things much easier xd.png

Really didn't like ferrying, and I forget the name of the guy, but the part where you have to chase him through that winter forest full of spikes and things XP

The demon gate challenges were hard as well. Fun, but hard.

On my second play through I equipped the magical invincibility beads and did them again just for fun. I didn't have to waste all my items that time around lol

The human mind apparently remembers up to 7 points in their short term memory. Grande has EIGHT.