purple_amethyst

okami

One of the things I really loved was just running around at full speed (but not in a race). Who didn't love the little flowers cropping up with every step?

Ammy running in general is epic.

I think it should mean something about a game if even watching your character run is exhilarating

Well Okami is one of the best games of not the best game I have ever played.

For the ammy fans out there:

Have you beat the game?

Yup, twice in fact.

Have you found all of the stray beads?

Yup. The Blockhead chief I had a bit of trouble with, took several tries and in the end I quickly drew on my TV with a washable felt tip pen where the dots appeared and numbered them then quickly got the remote and made the dots. It worked X) and then I wiped the pen away quickly before it dried.

Gotten all of the weapons?

Eeyup.

Had trouble with spider gates?

The Bandit spider was easy, but the last demon gate trial took my about 3 trys to get through. but now it's easy.

Found all the secret brush techniques?

Yup.

My favourite characters are Oki and Ammy.

Have you beat the game?

Yes, four times. biggrin.gif Sadly, my sister borrowed the game and never returned it.. dry.gif

Not yet. I've frantically searched for where to find them online. xd.png

Yep! biggrin.gif

Not at all now. ^.^ When I just started, It was tough or me.

Yep! I love drawing lillipads and using wind to surf across the water... tongue.gif

I love the art...<3 It's just plain amazing.

Have you beat the game?

Two times X3

Yes, at the second time =w=

Gotten all of the weapons?[/i]

Yep ^^

Mmm not at all (:

Found all the secret brush techniques?[/i]

Yes Q.Q All by Swimming and creating Lily Pad [i didn't notice that was a Water Tabled O_O]

The story and the monsters are a piece of cake *-* I love them

So what mini games did you guys hate in Okami?

Mailman races, digging minigames, and the infamous Blockhead Grande have nothing on . . . *insert Whopper music here* RACING KAI. First time I went through Yoshpet, I didn't bloom the cursed trees, so I had some real trouble getting that stray bead.

I never did finish this game... I love it to death, but I got very distracted and I forgot what I'm doing. >:

Time to start again! ... When I can be bothered.

But yeah. The digging minigames killed me.

]:

I feel as if this thread is dying a bit (correct me if I'm wrong), so here's a question to answer. Do you have any Okami-themed dragon names on your scroll? And if so, which ones?

I currently have:

Ammy *squee*

Dawn of the Black Sun

Yamiterasu

Waka's Pillowtalk, if only because it's a pillow.

Slot Machine of Yami: referring to Yami's 3rd form

Yami the Emperor of Darkness

Shiranui the Sun Incarnate

White Light Majesty

Samurai Dandy

Ishaku

Edited by ForeverFlygon

I actually don't have any dragons names after or from something in Okami O.O. That seems like a good idea though. Amaterasu is also in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 >w< Just saying...lol.

But no I haven't beaten the game T~T I'm stuck.

I LOVE OKAMI!!! I've beaten the game about 5-6 times, found all the Stray Beads, obtained all the weapons, and did pretty good on the spider gates....the last one was PAIN!!!!! That furball

Played the game through 3 times. Got all the stray beads, biggest gaming pain in my neck EVER. Looking for the beads, in the spider cave, I devoured three batches of home made french fries, running between the game and the fries as they were done. The fight took so much energy trying not to die(didn't know about the pouches that keep you alive), I got so hungry because of it.

I'd have to say my favorite boss is Orochi, even though he's a longer fight. Blight...not so much. That dang sword.

The music and the scenery in that game is just awesome as well, truly magnificant. Anyone got a favorite weapon? I personally like the combos of the rosary beads, I just string up those combinations like crazy.

For the ammy fans out there:

Have you beat the game?

Etc.

I loved Okami...the music and the artwork were quite different from what I normally expect, but that's part of why I loved it so much. I've played through it more than two times. I'm sure I've found all the beads at least once, have had all the weapons, and found all the brush techniques.

As for the spider gates, most of them aren't that hard, but the last one I find is very difficult without a lot of items on hand. But to be honest, the most trouble I had was with Blockhead Grande.

For reasons I will keep to myself for now, I have especially poor short term memory (not as bad as Dory from Finding Nemo, though). Blockheads require sustained use of that short term memory, and while the first few I usually get through OK, Blockhead Grande I have never been able to defeat without the use of at minimum a low quality camera to play back what I just saw in slow motion.

But hey, that is why I was, at the time, "the white demon of death." I have mysterious things like cameras at my disposal.

I've played it a little. Have not had a lot of time recently but the small portion I have played I really enjoyed. The story line and the art work was nice, the music is wonderful ^^

I played the crap out of the Wii version years ago. It's an amazing game.

I absolutely love Okami! I enjoyed the first one much more than the second one: the story, music, animation, characters, everything was beautiful. I ended up buying the soundtrack and piano collection. I have beaten the game, gotten all the stray beads, and I *think* I got all the weapons. I played it on the PS2, but didn't get the Wii port.

The second game was cute, but lacked the depth and allure of the first game for me. The story was much shorter, and overall it was easier, I didn't die once. I still enjoyed it, however.