TJ09

2010-07-18 - Forums Downtime

Well, the important thing now is that we have access to the forums and will be receiving an upgrade to boot! biggrin.gif

Hooray my computer didnt break! Its always a good day when you find out its your providers fault...

Hey tj? If you get a new provider, will it change how the forums are layed out?

I was wondering what happened.

Thanks for the heads-up and notification, Teej.

Wow. That was so informative of them. Thanks for letting us know and good luck finding another provider. :3

-chucks a metroid at 'em for not giving an answer-

... Even if it doesn't help, it's fun biggrin.gif

Good luck with the server hunt!

The cave wasn't working earlier either. I know the forums and the cave are on two completely different servers, but it's a bit ironic that both went down at the same time.

Wow 2nd page!

Thanks for telling us Tj. I would have started to scream with joy when Dc forums came back on but i had company.

I too wish to know what will happen to the forums if we switch hosts

also why did the cave itself go down?

The forums and site are on different providers in different states. =o

HOLY censorkip.gif TJ USED A SMILEY!

Thanks for the update, Teej.

I always freak, thinking it was my computer...good thing I missed this one =)

And the good news is... We will have the forum on a different host... The bad news is... We do not know if we lose all of the posts/sigs/avatars/users.

At anyrate. Good luck TJ.

And the good news is... We will have the forum on a different host... The bad news is... We do not know if we lose all of the posts/sigs/avatars/users.

At anyrate. Good luck TJ.

I can't imagine that happening.

The last forum switch that I saw, from Krozeforums to vBulletin, didn't lose any posts. There were new smilies and a new layout, and signatures weren't ever enabled so I don't know if those would have been preserved, but all the avatars, posts, threads, and subforums were still there.

There's no reason for anything on the forums to be lost (as the database can be saved and transferred) and the themes would stick because they can just be reinstalled on a new host. It's not that big of a problem if the whole thing gets moved to a better host, right?

I wondered this. Thanks for letting us know though biggrin.gif

Thanks for the update, but that only explains the forums. My end of the cave started lagging ultra bad about an hour before the forum downtime, and then the cave went down somewhere around 20-30 mins after the forum did.