TJ09

2010-07-18 - Forums Downtime

What is the host for these forums, anyways? /lazy- The software is the same as A Black Horse (invision, I think) but not sure where to find out what the host might be.

Or am I totally stupid and I'm just missing it? XD

haha, that's what i thought.....

...but then the cave was working for me and so were the other sites i was on so i started figuring it was the site :/

it was still quite depressing :<

Edited by WaterScorpion

For some odd reason, I saw this coming. I'm pretty sure that there won't be much difference between this forum and the next. The layout is custom made I think (it's not made by by the host) and all the posts should still be intact. The only difference would be what comes standard with the host, such as the smiles, which I wouldn't mind changing.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

For some odd reason, I saw this coming. I'm pretty sure that there won't be much difference between this forum and the next. The layout is custom made I think (it's not made by by the host) and all the posts should still be intact. The only difference would be what comes standard with the host, such as the smiles, which I wouldn't mind changing.

I agree Wook, i'm not a huge fan of the smilies. :/

Thank you so much for the update! I`m really happy the Forum is working again. smile.gif

Do you know how long a search for a new host will take you? Just curious

Thanks for telling us about a possible host-change... I wonder who it will be? Will the website stay the same if we switch? I mean, will we keep all the threads and such, or will we start anew?

Thanks for letting us know; I was worried it was just me! XP

~Feathers

Thanks for letting us know

and good luck with searching a new host smile.gif

Ooh, great! Thanks for the heads up, TJ. :3 And good luck with your search!

Hopefully switching to a new host will mean there won't be bizzare and inexplicable downtime anymore. ^^

Unfortunately the equipment is only as good as the humans running it, hopefully your next host will have more concerned humans at the controls. Good luck on your search biggrin.gif Disappointing behavior when you had recently done maintenance on your piece.

Most glad to be up and running!

Thank you for the information TJ. I was in the middle of transferring a vampire egg to hubby when the cave went down also and we lost it.

So if the host for the forums went down I wonder why the cave went also?

Good Luck on the host search

Thanks for the info, TJ. Good luck with the new server search!

*leaves brownies for TJ*

Hopefully you guys will find a better server <3

I was freaking out when the server was down xd.png

Thanks for letting us know about this. I was here for most of it, but missed the actual moment of it going down, as well as going back up, so I couldn't say if there was any lag at the start or end.

Can you tell us what is the host your are leaving?

I'm going to re-host my site soon and I don't want to end in a worse place blink.gif