Naruto777

Supernatural

I'm usually a very reserved and straight-faced person but when I watched 05x01 ''Sympathy for the Devil'', it was only sheer willpower that kept me from squealing with delight. This show just gets better and better! Also, I've managed to wrestle myself away from spoilers. Now I get why they ruin everything.

And now to express my joy and unhealthy obsession:

laugh.gifbiggrin.gifwub.gifxd.pngalot.pngcensorkip.gifpoptartFINALTINY.gifvelociraptor.pngninja.gif

I'm in the middle of 1x16 ("Shadow") and there was probably one or two things that I didn't see coming. Regardless of the show's formulaic nature I'm highly enjoying it so far.

I absolutely love Supernatural. I had a collage picture of them saved (just Dean and Sam) and had no clue who they was or if it was from a actual show or not and a friend told me. I checked it out afterwards and absolutely loved it. I have watched all the way from season 1 to season 3. I have 4-6 on DVD yet to be watched. (Sadly it's the only way for me to possibly watch them.) I couldn't watch the last episode of season 3 for so long because

I didn't wanna watch Dean die.[END SPOILER]

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

I just started watching it with my family. c: We just finished season one. It's ok so far. The demons are kind of boring, but I love the folk tale ones.

I am just waiting for episode 18 of this season.

Because of the 'monster you gotta be drunk to see'? Well, Garth is pretty awesome, too.

Wow, spoilers ahoy here...

My friend actually convinced me to watch this show. I said I'd give it a shot but I probably wouldn't like it. I blazed through six box sets though and I don't hate the show. Not a fan, but I do like it. I did have one problem and that was figuring out why I liked it. The story is overly predictable, the "damsel in distress" scenario got old fast, there were no monsters (found out it's lack of money to be able to) and I don't like what they did with some of the mythologies. Overly Christianizing some aspects of the show are fine, but some areas not so much. Some of these are clear slip ups in not doing proper research. Several times have they refereed to certain old magic as Satanic magic...which makes no sense since Satanism was born in the last 100 years. The old "satanic" worship was a misunderstanding from the Christians when seeing the pagan practice. Not going to go into detail here, but little things like that are disappointing. Not exploring their own content is one of the show's main downfalls I feel.

So what I like about the show...the comedy is great. There are plenty of one liners but the comedy tends to reflect on the situation or on characters' relationships. I also think the random unexpected things thrown out there (like a whole episode in black and white, or the Ghost Facers) add to the charm of the series. What I think makes me keep watching the series is the characters. I really think that's where the show shines. So many times have I read or watched books, movies, or shows in which the main character is the least interesting. The main characters are nicely written for the series and they're also well acted. Sure they have their whiny moments, but I think that makes the other moments all the better.

That being said...has anyone seen the anime? I plan on borrowing it from the same person who has the box sets of the live action series just to see if it's any good.

1. Sam cause i like his looks but dean for his attitude. Actually i love both brothers. Soo cute.

2.i like angel powers but not the limitations with it.

3. I love Supernatural! it th's best ever, i'm missing the last season and the latest.

<3Castiel!!!!!!

What is really annoying is that they introduce extremely likeable bit characters (Amy, Don Stark) and then write them off in a most retarded manner possible. Pity. I really liked Don Stark. The snarky he-witch FTW.

What is really annoying is that they introduce extremely likeable bit characters (Amy, Don Stark) and then write them off in a most retarded manner possible. Pity. I really liked Don Stark. The snarky he-witch FTW.

Or they just kill them off. Another issue I have. There were so many likable side characters (my favorite being the mind control guy who lives out out his van) and it is disappointing to see them get killed off too fast. I guess that's their way of having people miss them.

Yeah. The mind-control guy in a van was Andy. He was my favourite side character along with Ash. I'm pretty sure they would've gotten along pretty great. cool.gif

Dude, I just recently read a fanfic and now I crack!ship Henriksen/Ash. laugh.gif

I can't answer most of these questions because I've only just started on season one, having watched season six a while back when it happened to be on telly. xd.png

So, yeah. I've got a lot of catching up to do.

*nodnod*

EDIT: Have finished season one, and my brother is getting the second for his birthday. <3

EDIT 2: And the third!

Edited by Thorn

Season seven just started over here. I must avoid finding spoilers on teh interwebz...

Sammy. Sammy is my favorite.

I would rather angel powers. >.>

My favorite character is Cas. Misha Collins FTW

Which of the brothers do you think is cooler? Sam or Dean?

Dean!! Omgosh I love Dean! xd.png I liked Sam at the beginning, but not so much after the demon blood thing. =/

Which would you rather have? Demon powers or angel powers?

Angel powers, totally. tongue.gif

What do you guys think of the show and the twists of each season finale?

I just started season 5, but I really like(most of) it so far. smile.gif

Who is your favorite character? Any of them. Bobby, Jo, Ellen, the Prophet Chuck, or even Gordon!

My number one favorite is tied between Dean and Castiel. <3 I also like Bobby and Andy and Pamela and John.

Also, this is love! <3 <3 <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Fz_egtEgc <3 <3 <3

Edited by Raikielia

I'm feeling a kind of SPN-withdrawal since Season 8 stopped for a while over Christmas.

Though I must say I've been really pleased with the way the season's been going so far - the writing's been good!

I've seen a fair bit of this series, from season 1 to season 7... just completely skimming over every single DEMONS AND ANGELS episodes because screw those I can't stand them. I miss it when each episode was like a mini horror movie. :[ S1 was my favourite.

Guys your "heart to hearts" stop being poignant when you have them every episode.

Guys I cannot take anything in this show seriously it's about two strapping young men who fight monsters I'm sorry.

I like Castiel he is my favourite character!

I would rather have angel powers! I just revealed to my brother the 7th season for his EXTREMEY late birthday present he was beyond excited and we watched 4 episodes right away so yeah I already watched a bit of it XP

I am laughing so hard now because this show will never die. It is now into its 8th season and it recently got renewed for a 9th. LONG LIVE SUPERNATURAL. Oh god.

Also I liked Dean more than Sam. Poor neglected Sam. But just remember, one of the greatest moments ever came from Sam. "I lost my shoe."

Also who else is missing Cas?

I just got to the middle of season 2. Started "Born Under a Bad Sign" a little bit ago.

;A; SAMMY

i feel like i got punched in the feels

aaaaaaaaaaand MOOD WHIPLASH

this show I s2g

welp moving on to "Tall Tales" now

[after watching "Tall Tales" and "Roadkill"] seems like this entire show is on crack

Edited by klinneah

Which of the brothers do you think is cooler? Sam or Dean? What about Castiel? Or the third brother, Adam? But anyways Sam, he becomes awesome the closer to season 7.

Which would you rather have? Demon powers or angel powers? Depends, do I have the angelic mindset, meaning am I just a "good little soldier", or am I like Castiel. If Castiel, then Angel, if not, then demon.

What do you guys think of the show and the twists of each season finale? I nearly chewed off my fingernails because of the cliffhangers.

Who is your favorite character? Any of them. Bobby, Jo, Ellen, the Prophet Chuck, or even Gordon! Castiel. Just because of the incredibly awesome things he says like his freedom phrase in The Man Who Would be King.

If I knew then what I know now, I might have said, "It's simple. Freedom is a length of rope. God wants you to hang yourself with it."

Yeah I know it's kind of depressing but still.

And this one.

I'm not an angel anymore. I'm your new God. A better one. So you will bow down and profess your love unto me, your Lord... or I shall destroy you.

I just love how he says all that about him being better than the original God, then ends it all with "...or I shall destroy you."