TPishek

Finding the Lost

Dorkface is a lineage made by the person who owns Midas Dorkface. I can't speak for everyone else, but I think it's cool, especially since you can find two dragons with completely different lineages, and they're both related to a single pair of dragons, Midas and his mate. So, I like them because it's cool to me. Why do you think people like CBs?

Anyway, I just found this lovely http://dragcave.net/lineage/TqRC on the AP, and checked. The little fellow is, indeed, a lost Dorkface.

Uhhh....... good point. But why "Midas Dorkface"?

Because that's what the owner of him decided to give him as a first name. Her reasoning is her own. Perhaps there's a story behind the name; I don't know. Why would I name one of my Vampire DFs "Twitchie Bitie Dorkface?" Makes about as much sense either way you look at it.

By the way, just pointing this out, you can get more answers from the Dorkface lineage thread, which is entitled "Do you have a Dorkface?" and has many breeders of the dragons there, as well as information scattered over the many pages.

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that Midas came from the story of King Midas.

And Dorkface was because she was mad about him not gendering female.

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that Midas came from the story of King Midas.

And Dorkface was because she was mad about him not gendering female.

Well, I don't know about the Midas part myself, but I do know that the Dorkface part is right. Yeah, she wanted Midas Dorkface to be a female, and she threatened to name him Dorkface if he gendered male.

Apparently, Midas liked the idea of being called "Dorkface" laugh.gif .

Um, hi, I heard this is the place for identifying Lost Dorkfaces? I recently went through my scroll to see if I had picked up any Dorkfaces without realising it (found two definite Dorkfaces for sure) but when I got to my deepsea and started tracing back through the line with Dorkface in the name, it got cut off at (A5M1) and her deceased parents. My google-fu (and wayback machine-fu and alternative search engine-fu...) has completely completely failed me. Can anyone help? :S

Okay, I looked through the first post for A5M1, and nothing showed up. If that deepsea is a lost DF, it's not on the list. Probably, someone who doesn't know much about DFs decided to call it a DF. Sorry, but from what I know, it's not a true DF.

Probably, someone who doesn't know much about DFs decided to call it a DF. Sorry, but from what I know, it's not a true DF.

Yeah, I figured that's probably the most likely explanation, but I decided to post anyways just in case, you know? Especially with the last dragon before the lineage cuts off being a white. But yeah tongue.gif

I was not able to find anything either, iceblitz. Unfortunately Google Cache has no record of the ancestry, so there's no way of knowing.

Is this a true Dorkface? I'm going to keep it anyway if it's not (because Blacks are relatively hard to get), but I want to know.

According to the list, whether Heroic Sparta Dorkface is a DF or not is unconfirmed. However, it is a Thuwed.

wow and i release real or fake dorkface dragon and i lost it and soon i would get another one

Ooh, I have a lost Dorkface! This red that was gifted to me is related to Zysa's Faustus Dorkface. smile.gif My first lost DF. laugh.gif

I came apon this a few hours ago and I was looking threw it, reading sone of the post and found it intereseting. I have a dragon that has a very long lineage, but i don't think it's a lost DF. But just to make sure heres the link of the dragons lineage.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/8usm

Whooie, that is a long lineage! 17th gen unless I missed something.

It doesn't appear to be a Dorkie; there are two dead ancestors (grandparents of him) that show, but they aren't on the DF list and I can't find anything more on Google Cache. Interestingly enough, there is another set of dragons that show up (all four grandparents of Le Bijou de la Mer), but when you click them you can see that Le Bijou de la Mer is actually a 6th gen with all ancestors alive and well ._.;; Strange little glitch.

Whooie, that is a long lineage! 17th gen unless I missed something.

It doesn't appear to be a Dorkie; there are two dead ancestors (grandparents of him) that show, but they aren't on the DF list and I can't find anything more on Google Cache. Interestingly enough, there is another set of dragons that show up (all four grandparents of Le Bijou de la Mer), but when you click them you can see that Le Bijou de la Mer is actually a 6th gen with all ancestors alive and well ._.;; Strange little glitch.

Yeah I noticed that, too. Sorry about the long lineage. I got the dragon from the AP. I have a few that have long lineages like that, but I don't think any of them are DF. I looked threw them, just to see and I didn't find anything.

If you guys and gals are interested, here's the lineage for one of my Nebula Dragons. He's got quite the interesting lineage if you go all the way back.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Rm28

Thuwed, Dorkface, Zar' and Bliss lineage in there.

Edited by Taronyu28

If you guys and gals are interested, here's the lineage for one of my Nebula Dragons. He's got quite the interesting lineage if you go all the way back.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Rm28

Thuwed, Dorkface, Zar' and Bliss lineage in there.

It's also a Dusk :3

Yeah, I picked him up shortly after the Nebula's came out and really didn't pay any attention to the lineage. But when I saw this thread and looked back, I was incredibly surprised.

i don't really know much about dorkfaces but i think mine is one.

the albino dragon in scroll

Edited by brightfruit

i don't really know much about dorkfaces but i think mine is one.

the albino dragon in scroll

Yes, the Albino you have is part of the Dorkface lineage (and also the Red Sox lineage).

For more information about Dorkfaces, you should check this thread.

if you want to find out if you have a true descendent of the the original dorkface pair go to greg-kennedy.com/dragcave/tools use the inbred check and type in qESx then when the results come in click on view lineage then click on Midas Dorkface then view his children and see if any of your so-called Dorkfaces have any of those dragons in their lineage

if you want to find out if you have a true descendent of the the original dorkface pair go to greg-kennedy.com/dragcave/tools use the inbred check and type in qESx then when the results come in click on view lineage then click on Midas Dorkface then view his children and see if any of your so-called Dorkfaces have any of those dragons in their lineage

That's a rather round-about way to do it. It's far easier to look at your own dragon's lineage. As far as lost Dorkfaces go, those children are permanently erased from Midas's records as well, so that will not help.

It's off topic, but...

What happened to the small D'Esprit lineage? I caught two on the abandoned-page, but the family is all dead, and I didn't even know which one was my second, since it's ancestors died, and I haven't named it after them... If I remember correctly, it was linked with D'Hennegel, but the anchestors are all gone. sad.gif

http://dragcave.net/view/GJGu