TJ09

05/22/10 - State of the Cave

I thought I was going crazy! When I checked my scroll, ALL my nocturnes were the new sprite. Then, all my nocturnes were fogged, which was comforting to know they WERE new and I wasn't just going mad. Now I'm very happy they are just a new female sprite. I like them, but I am also very fond of the male sprite.

I wonder if there will be a new daytime one too!

Oh good if my computer was having problems again I was going to throw it out a window.

Do not throw it out a window. If you do. You will have to get a new one.

And no one wants to waste a good computer despite its problems. Mine caught a virus three days ago! biggrin.gif And luckily, it's still working....*faints*

Well, I had one once that I was seriously planning to take a sledgehammer to, but it was destroyed in a fire before I was able to get everybody who deserved to get a whack at it together in one place. xd.png I wouldn't have called it a "good" computer, though. It certainly wsn't usable, despite all the people who tried to fix it. rolleyes.gif

@LowBelly : Based on what one of the spriters said in the thread about it, it looks like there's no new daytime sprite yet, but one may be in the works.

Are there any plans to fix "Sort by Breed"? I really like having my dragons separated by genders within breeds.....

I couldn't get on the forum, either.

Glad that didn't last too long.

I wonder if the release will be tonight?

Idk. I've yet to see any new eggies. But I said I was gonna pull an all-nighter so....

I'm gonna watch until they show up sometime this week...or next...I'm not sure...

Stop hunting. That is what I did. Hopefully the release will last a few days this time instead of just one.

IT'S TONIGHT!!!! GET YOUR EGGS GUYS!!!

Thought I'd make it better to read. :3

Edited by Tsukoyami

Nice! Just got:

This egg displays the colors of both dawn and dusk.

And

This egg is a lush green hue.

Yeah...and it appears the lush green eggs have different sprites...

I know what the 'This egg displays the colors of both dawn and dusk' eggs are! :B

Yeah, which is kinda cool! Makes me wonder if specific things hatch from specific ones. X3

I gotta see what the other eggs look like. Which will they be, I wonder...?

I have a suggestion for the "too many breeds" issue. How about another BSA that allows a hatchie to be incubated?

It would allow people to go through an egg/hatchie in 4 days if they take good care of it.

Should go in Suggestions/Requests. And is already being/has already been discussed.

Edited by RheaDark

A solution to dealing with the increasing numbers of breeds sounds great. biggrin.gif

Right now it is impossible to get my collection as I would like it...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

*happy dance!!!*

They're here!

*joins in the dance*

And I just got one of both! I didn't catch any of the MM eggs, so this makes me really happy biggrin.gif

Did the nocturnes get la femmed?

The nighttime ones did, but the daytime ones are still the same.

Progeny Tool

There's an "open beta" of a progeny tool going on in this Site Discussion thread. It's being tested for your benefit, so please, try it, break it, criticize it, and help improve it.

May Dragon Release

If everything goes well, expect a release containing 3 or 4 new breeds sometime in the next week.

Dealing with increasing numbers of breeds

As more and more releases occur, it's pretty obvious that the increasing variety of dragons makes it harder to collect them all. We're developing a number of solutions to this problem, and once we think we have the best possible options we'll present them to you and gather user feedback.

Progeny Tool

I would love to see the image of the other mate, maybe alter it to this format to make it possible? Instead of having show/hide on the chosen dragon, have it be on the partner instead. Operate the same as current if only one mate that's produced living offspring (defaults to offspring viewable)

user posted image

May Dragon Release + Dealing with increasing numbers of breeds

Is the 'shorter' full release-only dragons part of dealing with the increased amount of breeds? If so I love it <3 Thank You. If not, I think releases should be shorter to this length (maybe 24 hours releases then back to regular cave drops)

I like that idea a lot. I've played with the progeny tool a little bit, and it's nice the way it is, but I'd like it a lot better if we could see the mates and not just their names (because even when it is on my scroll and it does have a name, unless it's one of my first few or the name is memorable for some other reason I usually can't remember which one it is. rolleyes.gif )

hey there! i have a question to another change in the cave...maybe i missed something (that really could be!) or..do the trio dragons can't make any "summon" anymore?