MaidMarian

Valley Sherwood: A Dragon Cave Fansite

Oh ok! Thanks for letting us know happy.gif I thought my browser was being weird aha.

Thanks also for such an awesome and easy to use site happy.gif

Haha, no problem Dragonico! And thanks for the appreciation, it's awesome to hear once in a while =D

Site's back up! Lmk if there are any issues with it I haven't spotted yet... other than the accumulated adults, which should hopefully get cleaned up pretty quickly. Anyway if there are problems I'll deal with it tomorrow, lol. It's past 4 am (you're welcome! for staying up this late to fix the site xd.png) and I am going to bed! I hope I sleep till noon! G'night yall <3

(gasp! it's getting actually light outside! I'm going to be a wreck tomorrow...lol... xd.png)

I tried to use the ER entry for a 5-digit code egg and the following error:

Warning: mysqli_connect() [function.mysqli-connect]: (HY000/2005): Unknown MySQL server host 'maidmarian823.db.6002363.hostedresource.com' (1) in /home/content/32/7997832/html/er/index.php on line 6

Warning: include(output.html.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/32/7997832/html/er/index.php on line 10

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'output.html.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/32/7997832/html/er/index.php on line 10

I just used it for a five-digit code egg and it was taken with no problem. I wonder if it was something with your browser? Is this the first time a 5-digit egg of yours was rejected from the ER?

I just used it for a five-digit code egg and it was taken with no problem. I wonder if it was something with your browser? Is this the first time a 5-digit egg of yours was rejected from the ER?

I actually tried several 5 digits in a row (I was catching and ERing low time eggs that I had incubated) and all were rejected using the ER entry method - they go in fine if I enter my scroll and select from there.

The browser I use is Firefox.

You're right, something is wrong. I just got the same message. I don't use the ER to input code by code on Valley Sherwood, I've always just inputted my whole scroll. Sorry I misread your post, rubyshoes, I thought you had tried it via scroll entry and gotten the message.

I actually tried several 5 digits in a row (I was catching and ERing low time eggs that I had incubated) and all were rejected using the ER entry method - they go in fine if I enter my scroll and select from there. 

The browser I use is Firefox.

FF 4 or 3 ? 4 has been causing a few issues.... I am not updating till they are unglitched...

ETA but come to think, whenever I have added to the ER I've got "xxxx is not growing..." so I've added through my scroll instead.

Edited by fuzzbucket

FF 4 or 3 ? 4 has been causing a few issues.... I am not updating till they are unglitched...

Firefox 4.0.1

The ER entry method works fine for 4-digit so hopefully it will soon also work for 5-digit. The "not growing" problem was fixed by MaidMarion a little while back.

Edited by rubyshoes

Hey thanks for letting me know, Rubyshoes. I found the problem (missed a link when updating them for the new host last night) and fixed it, so it should be working fine now. Sorry about that! Let me know if you have any more trouble with it =)

Hey thanks for letting me know, Rubyshoes. I found the problem (missed a link when updating them for the new host last night) and fixed it, so it should be working fine now. Sorry about that! Let me know if you have any more trouble with it =)

Your welcome and thank you for fixing it. smile.gif I really love your site.

I love this site and although it is not one of my regular sites, I use it whenever I have an egg that needs a boost. smile.gif

This was the first fansited I used more thqn half of all my dragons were hatched because of this site. I love the site!!

I love how fast it is! to look at your scoll and whatnot else. smile.gif so fast and simple! just what I love!!!

Something appears to be wrong with Valley Sherwood. Earlier I noticed that it was listing several of my hatchies -- who were at 6 days -- as ERs, and no matter how many times I hit update it kept them in the ER. I realized they'd accrued a whole lot more views than I was used to them getting and realized they'd just spent a whole day in the VS ER after hatching! Fortunately they're all fine, but the only way I could get them out of the ER was to remove them from the site altogether, and thank goodness it would let me do that!

There also seem to be a whole lot of adult dragons who haven't cleared out of the pages. It might just need a tweak or a restart or something, but it's definitely having some kind of trouble telling what stage dragons are at.

I've had it running for a while, although I just plunked my dragons in and kept it up without looking at it until now, and I certainly see your point.

Apart from the top couple of lines, the Viewer page I just looked at is nearly all adults...

Oh dear! Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately I was ill yesterday and wasn't online at all. I'll go kill the refresher so nothing else gets sick, and then work on figuring out what is wrong... Hope to have this figured out as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience! =(

Oh dear! Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately I was ill yesterday and wasn't online at all. I'll go kill the refresher so nothing else gets sick, and then work on figuring out what is wrong... Hope to have this figured out as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience! =(

Hope you're feeling better now?

Also, there's been a problem, as you're likely aware, since last night's maintenance, (which evidently included something odd,) with clicking on eggs in fansites, and having a persistent egg page pop up every time and refuse to go away until closed out...

Hrmm, yeah, I noticed that on the local copy of my site, but didn't realize it was happening everywhere else as well (haven't been feeling well enough to keep up with stuff)... Frame breaker, I'm guessing? This might call for some renovation... D8

Edit: I've uploaded most of the new version, which seems to work perfectly =D - just a few more things to fix, I think. Should be finished in about an hour, hopefully.

2nd edit: Sorry, I was busy trying to fix the site yesterday and didn't notice this, but thanks for the well wishes Syphoneira smile.gif Actually I was still not feeling great, but oh well, at least the site got fixed. Today's fine though.

Edit: the edits were totally out of order....

Edited by MaidMarian

I do like being able to choose if I want to automatic add all or pick the ones to add. Thanks smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback, Rubyshoes. :D I'm glad to hear at least one of the new features is a useful one.

I deleted my last post so as not to triple-post, but now there's a new post that won't be a problem haha. But basically , I've a) fixed whatever problems the site was having, and B) released most of the site's new version. So nearly everything is updated except for the tools, which I am still working on and which may not happen right away [college!].

"Release notes" which I just added to the OP.

Aug 19 2011: Released most of the new version of the site. New features include:

- An option to switch off the auto-add feature (the one that normally adds every dragon on the submitted scroll).

- Several changes to the info that is shown while viewing young dragons and choosing which to add/remove:

* Gender column added

* In site/out of site message is now displayed as a checkmark or X

* Lineage column added with a link to the lineage page, or "CB" if the dragon is caveborn.

- Viewer options now work without Javascript.

- Clicks now open in a new tab, because of the bug/framebreaker which would take you away from the fansite when clicking and would not let you return. Clicking more than one dragon on the same page should cause subsequent clicks to open in the same tab as the first click, however.

- Clicking the X next to a dragon in the viewer will run an update on it; it will be deleted if it's adult or dead, moved from the ER to the regular hatchery if it's a new hatchling, etc.

- Links page updated, finally! Sorry about that - it was so old, it still had Dragonnery and not AoND!

So there we go. I'm having a lot of fun using the new viewer for some reason. :D

Oh! There are still a LOT of 2-day and 3-day ERs in the emergency section - probably because of the site's downtime. I can't hatch them all out myself, although I've been trying xP, so if anyone wants to drop by and help view/click any ERs that'd be great.

And as always, let me know if you've run across any bugs or other problems I may have missed. Thanks! You all are awesome!

ETA: To everyone that has been helping with views/clicks on the site today, thanks so much! You've really helped a lot! The ER section is looking great - much cleaner and more its usual size. <3

Edited by MaidMarian

Hi, MaidMarian,

I hope you're all recovered from your ills?

Thanks so much for fixing things so that we can click dragons here!

Just to mention something that may well be an issue with my puter rather than your site: I can't seem to click Pygmies (or, presumably Chicken eggs) without removing them from the site.

(My apologies to the owners of the two dragons on which this occurred.)

I thought it might be due to the fact that I had the site on 30 second intervals, which didn't give things time to load properly so that the 'x's were actually over the dragons, but even when given a longer period so that the 'X's were off to the side, the next (properly loaded, currently unmoving) Pygmy egg was 'successfully removed from the site', so I'm not doing those anymore, lol.

Another thing is that I find that there's constant movement among the lines, as the dragons on the end of each line disconcertingly shift in a flash back and forth between positions on the upper and lower lines, causing all of the dragons to move on a continual basis.

On the plus side, it's rather like 'Whack a Mole'...

But this may be a problem peculiar to my puter - is anyone else finding this?

Edit: now the dragons at sudden intervals are all shaking back and forth too quickly for me to safely click them - if my puter can register this so rapidly here, why can't it do so on Drops?

I suspect this is an issue on my end...

Re:edit - my brother recently gave me a 6-year-old puter half the age of my other one but I suppose that relative youth is relative, lol.

Edited by Syphoneira

First time to use this site. I really like it. I have put it in my favorites and plan on using it with my other 2 sites I use.

I love the lineage links!! smile.gif

Possible bug with the ER section:

It doesn't seem like ERs are always classed as such. If a dragon is already listed in the daycare, before it goes ER, trying to add it to the ER directly tells me it couldn't be added, maybe it's already there. Checking the entire ER, it doesn't show up. Trying to update through the daycare, there is no indication of whether it has been updated to notice the new ER status, or if it's just left in the daycare.

I've now tried adding to the ER directly, updating through the daycare, adding then updating, updating then adding. Once, after a few tries, the egg seemed to make it to the ER, though I'm not sure how. All the other times, no matter what I did (short of removing then re-adding), I couldn't seem to get eggs into the ER. I've tried on eggs with times closer to 3d, up through 3d23.

Me, too, just now...

My egg, updated at 3D 22H, was not listed as an ER, and when I tried adding through the ER, said that it couldn't be added and was it already in the site?