WonderBubbles

Balance

((Blech. I can't be on so much, so here goes;))

Dusk allowed himself be dragged through the beautiful sunrise in to matted trees and into the darkness, over by the lake. Dusk shuddered. He was usually strong at sunrise, but he wasn't sure he could survive living by darkness with his powers as they were. He created a tiny light ball and looked at it's light, his eyes dark and his skin more pale than ever, he hadn't noticed before, because he'd been happy, but however happy he was he couldn't actually change the way he lived. But he couldn't tell Trinity, that would upset her too much, so he'd have to live, and maybe die, in the shadows. "Trin....." He said, his voice slightly rusty. "You okay.....?"

((Sorry Angel! Yesterday I was out from when I got up, (10am!) To 9pm! Sorry ~.~))

((It's okay sister happy.gif))

"I'm fine..." Trinity answered quietly. She went into an opening where the sun was strong and the meadow was littered with butterflies. She went out into the sun and lay amidst the grass. She preferred shadow but with Dusk being a light elemental, she decided she would adapt her lifestyle. She was aware that she was open to sunstroke and she already felt her energy dwindle, but she hadn't been in the sun for so long. She was surprised to find that despite how weak she was, she loved the rays from the sun. It felt good to be out in the sun again. The last time she had been out in the sun was...Was when she was with Dusk before he had to leave.

Solas woke up on the riverside, almost exactly the way he had been when he was knocked out. Groaning, Solas sat up, rubbing the back of his head, which was covered in black blood. What was the modern term for it? He had been robbed, but of what? Solas looked around, searching. His small scythe was there, and everything else too! Even the small pouch of gold coins was still there, which he had kept in his pocket as food money that he could not grow from plants. Crossing his legs, Solas just waited for the Slayer meeting to end.

Well, it seemed that was that then. Kira looked around at those who would be a the same team as her, wondering how each could be used. Best way to find out was for everyone to show each other their powers. If they didn't know, how could they work together well? They would most likely end up failing miserably and getting themselves killed.

"Everyone should come outside to learn each others' abilities," Kira stated, standing up and headed for the door. She looked over her shoulder at everyone to make sure they were following her.

((lol, once again, it seems I lead everyone. XD why can't I be a follower for once?))

((OOC: Wait, whose team am I on? ._.))

((no idea, probably Uno))

Signum sighed at how she was more or less ordered outside. While she understood working in a group was good, Reapers rarely operated in a group larger then three and the only ones they had to take orders from were the gods. Regardless though she followed Kira outside to a clear area where powers could be demonstrated. "Before we get started, don't expect Archon or I to follow every single order you give since you seem to want to lead, we are lone fighters." Still she drew in sword in preparation to demonstrate some of her abilities, but not all.

"I don't care if you're a loner or not. If by chance find ourselves working together to defeat an opponent, I want to know what you can do so we can figure out how our abilities can work together," Kira replied, being her usual blunt and rude self. She stood outside with Signum, watching as the girl drew her sword, still willing to show what she could do. "So, what can you do?"

As she asked her question, she reached down to holsters and pulled out the twin guns she owned and held them down at her side.

Archon merely sat silent during the meeting, trying to fight the drunkenness from the alcohol. He got up and walked outside, slightly miffed that a mortal was giving him orders. Once he got outside, he noticed several dummies in a straight line. He pulled out Judgment as swung it, a glowing slice was flung towards the dummies. It managed to utter disintegrate the top half of the dummies.

"Try shooting me for starters," Signum replied casually, equally blunt in her reply. It seemed that if they were going to work together, she and Kira were likely to but heads a bit. She easily set up a simple, invisible barrier over her entire body. Paper thin, it was relatively weak by her standards, but more then strong enough to stop a bullet from Kira's guns, and just in case it was needed, the barrier would instantly adjust and increase strength if it was going to weaken too much and breach. This was a custom barrier that Signum had shared with no one but Archon, it was capable of protecting the owner from most attacks at the cost of their stamina, and when cast on an enemy, it could be used to completely restrain them, and even kill them if needed. She waited patiently to see if Kira had the guts needed to follow through with what Signum had said to do.

((Glad to see something's happening. :P

Dark; you're in Team Dos, since Team Uno is full. ^^

Only Solas (Dark), Mariah (Limn) and Setsuna (Zeranoa) need to get Teams. You can all be in Team Dos, since there needs to be more peoples in that one. :] ))

The shifter stood with a grin and took the broher's hand. She playfully tugged him outside, to the back of the Post Office. That's where the training area was. There were big targets for arrows, guns and other powers that may be long range, dummies set up in a line, ranging in size, shape and height and a large field for other practise that might have included martial arts. She stood for a moment, taking it all in, then truned to Kuro. "Would you like to... spar?" she asked, almost purring. Her golden eyes sparkled with mischief and her tail twitched.

((By the way, the OoC thread has been made. :D))

Edited by WonderBubbles

Kira figured Signum had a reason for telling Kira to shoot at her. Without hesitating, a blank expression on her face, Kira pointed both guns at fired a round form each gun simultaneously. She waited to see what Signum would do about the bullets. Though, she noticed something papery thin around Signum, which she guessed was a sort of magical shield to block the bullets.

This also made Kira wonder how the shield could handle her sniper rifle, which she didn't have with her though. It was locked away for the time being until she needed to head out again. Once she knew that she was leaving, she would gather all of her supplies and head out. She would have to find some stronger bullets from someone. There was only so much she could do to keep her stock of powerful magical bullets filled, and she needed to refill it before it became to low. For her though, it wasn't hard to find the right people to do this. Plenty of black markets everywhere that could supply her, and they wouldn't dare cheat her. She made sure of that.

Shiro looked back at the post office, which was still slightly in view, wondering if he should head back. He felt a certain vibe coming from Kuro that meant he needed to come back. That was one of the good things about having a twin. He looked back at Mariah,

"Come with me, I want to show you something," He held out his hand, not coming any closer to the beautifully inviting cave.

Kuro's expression fell when he realised how many people he had to deal with in the team. As Sooty pointed out that they were together he grinned, but he was still disappointed that the groups were so big. He practically growled as one of his team members ordered them outside, and followed Sooty. He looked around, wondering where Shiro was and hoping he would come soon.

As Sooty asked for a match he grinned and cracked his knuckles, producing sparks as they cracked,

"You're on. Don't worry, I'll go easy on you," He winked, "Or do you want me to go hard."

((Sorry for taking so long. I was too bored to post, so I didn't.))

She barely noticed his irritation at the large team, as was her happiness. He replied to her request with a grin, cracking his knuckles. Her yellow eyes were drawn to the sparks as he did so. She chuckled, "Whatever you'd prefer." Then she realised the clothes she was in; a flimsy two piece, designed to attract attention, not fight. "Back in a moment," she grinned. Sooty bounded back inside, her footfalls silent. She ran into a changing room and grabbed her outfit from her locker. It was leather short-shorts and a leather bodice with straps over her shoulders. They were both black and tight fitting, to allow free movement. SHe slipped her clothes off, then slipped the new ones on. She calmly stored away the golden outfit, then walked outside again. The bodice reached her navel and barely covered her breasts.

"Hot," He said, probably staring a little too far down to look into her eyes. As he noticed this he snapped his head up to look at her face, but he was now distracted and his thoughts were not on the fight that was about to take place. He grinned,

"You ready now?" His pose relaxed even further than his usual laid back tendencies, "I know I am." He grinned a final time and his eyes changed, as if fire had glazed over them and his expression became neutral. He was certainly ready to fight, but he still wished that Shiro was with him, he was weak without him.

She saw where his eye wandered and chuckled, pushing out her chest a little more. He suddenly looked back up into her eyes and relaxed his posture. His eyes changed; they seemed to be smoldering. Then his expression changed and he seemed to be thinking about something else. Sooty stepped forward and put her fingertips on his cheek. She leant forward, eyes heavily hooded by gold-dusted lids, and flicked her eyes down to his lips, then up to his eyes again. She grinned slowly, her face close to his. "Tag," she whispered to him, before leaping away and dashing to the field. Her smile was wide and toothy; her ears lay against her head.

Kuro was in fighting mode so he didn't really react except for a slight smile. He went full speed after her, using his fire to sped him up, and and leaped off her shoulders with his hands to face her. He grinned and poked her on the cheek,

"Tag," He then jumped up into the tree and tried to lose her, knowing there would be no chance of doing it easily. Not much of a fight, he thought thoroughly dissappointed.

He raced after her; she could easily hear him. She felt the heat of the fire as he sped up and his hands were on her shoulders. She skidded to a halt, as he was in front of her. With a grin, he poked on the cheek and announced, "Tag." Then he was off and up a tree, trying to escape. She raced after him, almost falling onto all fours and shifting. She fought against instinct and chased after Kuro. She leapt up the tree, onto the branch below the brother's. Her head was level with his waist; she grinned cheekily and moved her face closer to him. She waggled her eyebrows sugestively, pausing a moment. Then Sooty slapped his behind gently, and leapt down the tree quickly. She ran across the field, not knowing whether he was chasing after her or not.

The dragon anthro was watching the Slayer's antics with a small smile, his tail swaying slowly. It wasn't training anything but running, that was for sure, but it was still funny and interesting. Their game was fully dedicated to flirting, something he had grown out of quite some time ago. Fraener chuckled softly and turned his gaze to the Reapers.

Surprised, Kuro turned to she Sooty run off again after tagging. He was getting bored, hungry for a real fight. He hadn't fought without Shiro for awhile, and the last time Shiro had to save him so he was keen to see how he would do now that he's developed his powers. Sooty obviously only wanted to do their flirting games though, this usually kept him content but he was still in fighting mode. He easily caught up with the shifter, he decided to try and get her angry to see if it would induce a fight. He grabbed her tail and trickled fire along it softly before his hand became incredibly hot. This would make anyone angry, he only hoped he hadn't burnt her.

He caught up with her quickly and grabbed her tail. She slowed, making sure he didn't pull too hard, but then he heated up his grip and almost set her tail on fire. She yelped, then turned to him, yanking her tail from his grip. She crouched down, her form shuddering. Startings of a black pelt appeared, then the fur was sucked back into her flesh. She snarled, totally unaware of who it actually was. She was almost blind with rage. Sooty could see that the person who had hurt her was standing in front of her, but she couldn't recognise him.

The shifter had chosen leather for her outfit because it would stretch a little if she shifted suddenly. Her face shape changed first, with no little amount of pain on Sooty's side. Her nose and mouth protruded and her upper lip split. Fangs grew and jutted out, until her muzzle covered them. Silky black fur sprouted all over her body and she fell onto all fours. She groaned in pain, closing her eyes, as her bones cracked and reformed into a leopard's body shape. A fully formed big cat snarled and opened it's eyes. She crouched down, showing her pointed fangs, and readied to spring.

Kuro grinned,

"This is more like it!" He couldn't recognize any Sooty left in the shifted form, this made it all the more easy. He relaxed again, but this time fire surrounded his body and his eyes stared at her with a burning gaze. His skin seemed to crackle with the fire. He looked just as feirce as the leopard shifter did.

The cat growled, unsure of how she could attack the fire-creature. She puffed out her dark fur and sniffed at him. Her burning yellow eyes showed no recognition or friendly emotion. She was just a wild animal with a predator who could become prey. The fire-creature seemed relaxed and unafraid of her; this unnerved her a little, but also made her more angry. Her flicking tail was still smoking a little; the source of her irritation. Her ears were flat against her head and her body low to the ground. Without warning, she leapt at him, claws outstretched and fangs bared. She roared a challenge, not caring if the fire would hurt her paws.

The leopard leapt, just as he'd expected. One of the few animals flaws, they usually give away their first attack. He flipped out of the way, but somehow not quick enough. The cat caught his arm but the fire was hot and it let go. Both were wounded, the shifter's paw was now slightly burnt and Kuro's arm had three tears in it. Luckily the heat of the flame kept his arm from bleeding too much and he grinned,

"This is fun," He whispered to himself.

((Was that power-playing, ir it was I'm sorry. I can't think of how I could've done it differently...))

((It is, but it's alright with Sooty. x3 I should go soon - some of us are actually going tomorrow, not just thinking about it. :P))

She snarled loudly, landing on her forepaws. She paused to lick it a few times, then rumbled again at the fire-creature. It had hurt her more, just by touching her. Then it whispered words, meaningless words that reached her rounded ears. She shook her head, limping as her paw touched the ground. She held it slightly up, yellow eyes watching carefully. Then the leopard shuddered, it's fur rippling. It closed it's eyes, seeming to be fighting an internal battle. It was a fight; for control. Sooty wanted her body from the other half of her soul and the big cat wasn't about to back down anytime soon. She shuddered again, legs trembling and tail falling still.

The dragon anthro took a few steps forward, face lined with worry. What was happening to the Shifter? He spread his wings and started to walk closer. "Kuro!" he rumbled, concern colouring his voice. "Leave her alone, now!" It was an order, and Fraener didn't expect to be disobeyed. It was his best "I-mean-business" tone.

Mariah Followed Shiro hesitantly back to the sunny post office, reluctantly leaving the beautiful cave she had found. Lucky for her she had started to turn human and gave no effort against her human form. Mariah had taken Shiro's hand feeling kinda nervious about going back to the light. The grass below felt heavenly on her feet which were now human, Mariah had finally turned completely human after who knows how long.

(( short XP ))

Edited by Limn