RheaZen

Grammar, Spelling, and Fonts

1. Copy and paste this into Microsoft Word:

2. Feel superior to spell checking technology. >:]

xd.png There are no mistakes in that at all, according to my spellcheck. xd.png

xd.png There are no mistakes in that at all, according to my spellcheck. xd.png

That's the point. Spell check says OK IS FINE but hey wait a second that makes no sense.

Can't always trust it.

Sooo WHO HERE USES THE OXFORD COMMA? MEEEEEEEE.

Obviously. Isn't in incorrect without it. If not, I DISAGREE.

That's the point. Spell check says OK IS FINE but hey wait a second that makes no sense.

Can't always trust it.

If you use a certain string of words of certain kinds (nouns, verbs, etc.) the grammar check won't pick anything up either.

Hence, the reason you should always read it over yourself before you hand it in, or better yet, have someone else read it for you. (I made money doing that through university, and still do even now!)

My friend didn't want me to give him grammar concrit on his essay. Which was our assignment.

*facepalm*

And then the girl who sits next to me ABSOLUTELY HATES IT when I try to help her with spelling. So I don't. And she gets a lot of F's.

WHICH PROVES THAT SPELLING AND GRAMMAR ARE IMPORTANT.

Whenever my mum writes a college paper, she hands her final copy to me [which is still technially a rough draft] and lets me have a go at it. There is much hair pulling and red-penning xd.png

I wonder sometimes how I'll survive as an English teacher lolz.

At school, most of the GIFTED AND GODDAM TALENTED group use chatspeak. (The scary thing is, they do not know what is wrong with it.)

Whenever my mum writes a college paper, she hands her final copy to me [which is still technially a rough draft] and lets me have a go at it. There is much hair pulling and red-penning xd.png

I wonder sometimes how I'll survive as an English teacher lolz.

...My aunt should let me do that.

We'll do awesome as English teachers, we'll have a chunk of sense and use it, goddamnit. xd.png

My dad sees a lot of resumes at his work (and shares stories about them), so I've learned from him the importance of not totally relying on spell check.

He has told me he has received resumes with everything spelled right, but all of the words are completely wrong. People just hit "accept all" and don't actually look at all the choices the spell check pop-up gives you.

And this is a world-class research facility that people are applying for. You think they would know to read over things before printing them. But apparently not.

(needless to say, those people do not get hired)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Any of you ever read My Immortal?

Don't. Please. DX

Edited by Fohtia

My teacher's aide in the fall was also a student at the College of the Bahamas, taking a teaching certificate. She asked me to look over one of her papers. The grammar was non-existant, the title didn't match the content, and her citations were all wrong. I made what corrections I could, thinking I might squeak it up to a C- for her, only to find out it had already been turned in. When she got her version back, she could not understand why she'd received a D. And this person wants to go on to teach the children of this country?

^Major headdeskation.

EDIT: @Fohtia- I couldn't stand it after the first paragraph.

Edited by unimyth_7_7_7

^Major headdeskation.

Pointing to things like that is annoying and unnesisary(I can't spell). You can just say:

"Whoa, Lagie, that's headeskable!"

Pointing to things like that is annoying and unnecessary(I can't spell). You can just say:

"Whoa, Lagie, that's headeskable!"

happy.gif

Can't spell you say?

Pointing to things like that is annoying and unnecessary. You can just say:

"Whoa, Lagie, that's headdeskable!"

Am I a Grammar Nazi?

EDIT: Aw, beaten to unnecessary. But not headdeskable!

Edited by unimyth_7_7_7

We all are here, uni! tongue.gif

I learned how to spell necessary when I was in Germany, of all the bizarre twists. I'd written something for an English class over there and spelled necessary wrong. The English teacher looked at me and said, "You've never taken Latin, have you?" She went on to explain that necessary comes from the Latin root necessarius which has one c and two s's. It stayed with me, and since then, I've always spelled it correctly.

Well, then... maybe the Nazis *were* Grammar Nazis?

D:

And then... necessary too

WHOA.

OMG, INTERROBANG.
Uh....... ^

Yes, interrobangs rule.

Edited by unimyth_7_7_7

I am SO annoyed at my psychology teacher. She was putting an example up on the board for us to copy, and it read:

The independent variable effects (changes)[sic] the dependent variable.

Like hell it does.

I brought it up with her, and and said, 'No, I don't like using affect. To me it means to show affection. Like, if you affect someone, you give them a hug.'

No! No no no no never. Just...no.

So I edited it for her when she wasn't looking ^^

And I plan to print out the official dictionary definitions as proof. She can't say 'To me, the definition is X' because she'll be wrong!

Don't. Please. DX

O.o Um thats worse than me. I know your ment to describ the people but I didn't think you were ment to kill peoples Ideas of what she looks like With F***ing Brackets. In random places.

Don't. Please. DX

Lolz I have already posted the worst well-known Internet spelling/grammar/life fail in this thread [aka My Immortal"]. I have effectively made someone's eyes bleed. biggrin.gif

The story is so bad ou need to cry and laugh hysterically at the same time to fully appreciate-- that is, after you've lost quite a few brain cells in the process.

Lioness-- your teacher actually.. wow. Just wow. Where exactly did she get her teaching degree from? :/ Ridiculous.

Edit: freddyness, it gets worse. No, WAY worse. xd.png Seriously, pick a random chapter after 16, you get to see the writer in full swing. Absolutely horrid.

Edited by Kia_Kalix