RheaZen

Grammar, Spelling, and Fonts

I only use lol, lulz, lolwut?, and omgwtfbbq.

Because I'm special like that.

I only use them occasionally though.

And I use the oxford comma.

:D

And I feel like straggling people with bad spelling and grammar.

And people that think they're epic because their posts are formated like this:

O hai im kathy and i liek py and choco milk and dis is how i say my name

ka-th-ee

:D

Edited by Qwackie

Quackie, I'll be perfectly honest with you: I hate your format style and I regularly skip over your posts because I don't like reading sentences that are their very own paragraph every time. There's a few people who do this on the forum and I've probably never actually read their posts before.

I'm not sure why the Oxford comma is completely prohibited in some places. It is definitely super useful and can completely alter the meaning of a sentence and give more clarity. It's the difference between:

"I would like to thank my parents, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt."

and

"I would like to thank my parents, Angelina Jolie, and Brad Pitt."

Without the oxford comma in the first sentence, you are stating that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are your parents. The second one you are simply thanking your parents and the aforementioned celebrities in addition.

loose and lose. You cannot loose a game. For god sakes people, get that right.

I can't find my mother's book, which is sad since it was the newest edition and neither of us had gotten around to reading it yet...

(Psst. OP, tiny text.)

THANK GOD. I'm going to be an English teacher. >:3 If a majority of an assignment is in chatspeak, automatic D.

I will hammer out a more elaborate policy later.

I'm going to be an English teacher too!

And I'll be damned if I'll let the students use chatspeak, poor spelling, and incorrect grammar. 'Communication' is no excuse for poor English. In fact, poor English is often a hindrance to communication.

Nothing wrong with using 'lol', 'wtf', and other such abbreviations, but if you try to use them in an essay, I will kill you.

Edited by The_lioness33

Nothing wrong with using 'lol', 'wtf', and other such abbreviations, but if you try to use them in an essay, I will kill you.

lawl, I remember in S1 someone did that and my english teacher went bananas xd.png She wiped the floor with them so much that they refused to ever come into her class again....good times seeing as they were the most annoying person in the year!

My latest facebook related rant is appropriate here:

If you're gonna make a fan page about knowing the difference between "there, their, and they're," please don't screw it up in your very first status update.

If you're gonna make a fan page about knowing the difference between "there, their, and they're," please don't screw it up in your very first status update.

I refuse to join facebook groups with an incorrectly spelled name.

Failbook it. Failbook it NOW.

I refuse to join facebook groups with an incorrectly spelled name.

This was their status:

their going to to they're car to get there hats because their cold.

Failbook it. Failbook it NOW.

Holy carp yes, that would be hilarious.

In my brother's generation(he's 6 years older than me), the schools did an experiment. They thought that grammar would come naturally, and that they didn't need to teach it, so they didn't. They didn't correct the students or anything. They did this for a few years until the kids started graduating out of high school still being completely grammar retarded. All of those people from that generation are terrible at grammar, and the schools basically screwed them over from having a decent chance at learning it properly.

Holy carp yes, that would be hilarious.

Didn't you hear? Failbook's being sued by the i can haz cheezburger site.

user posted image

We were never taught grammar in school. Well, nothing past the 'this is a sentence. You put a full stop at the end.' sort of stuff. In high school we got the speech rules. I have never been taught comma or semicolon rules, I had to look them up on the internet.

Oxford commas are the best thing ever and I use them constantly. If Oxford commas are wrong, I don't want to be right. xd.png

We were never taught grammar in school. Well, nothing past the 'this is a sentence. You put a full stop at the end.' sort of stuff. In high school we got the speech rules. I have never been taught comma or semicolon rules, I had to look them up on the internet.

I've never been taught semi-colon rules, actually o_O;

loose and lose. You cannot loose a game. For god sakes people, get that right.

Now where was that Oatmeal comic... Here!

At our school, our language teachers have us learn every single grammar rule that has ever been made.

It's tiring after hearing the same thing over and over again.

I thought Failbooking was part of the ICHC site... ?! Confused.

I don't know where or where I learned my grammar ._. I've always been like this. Mom says it's 'cause of all the reading I did when younger.

Actually, the supposed reason behind this new phenominon is that correcting their spelling/chatspeak is 'emotionally damaging' to a developing mind.

And in some schools, they've taken it so far as to include not correcting their grammar/spelling mistakes even in the language class room, as it's argued 'chat/text speak' is now an established form of communication for people.

I-what-wait-this-the-but

bull****! Completely and utterly RIDICULOUS!

*headdesk*

I thought Failbooking was part of the ICHC site... ?! Confused.

I don't know where or where I learned my grammar ._. I've always been like this. Mom says it's 'cause of all the reading I did when younger.

www.failbook.com/

Check out what it redirects to.