21Phoenix

Infertile Eggs

Wait! Why use it as a BSA? Why not give all female dragons that haven't bred more than 14/21 days a chance to produce an unfertile egg?

It would work just as the other count downs, once you hit the amount of days necessary the link would appear.

The only problem with this are the unbreedables and ungendered. Instead of them getting the breed option they could go steal an egg like once a month. The message could say that since the egg was exposed during it's capture it became unfertile. Or it could say that they managed to steal the egg but because to their bad luck the egg in unertile.

This way people won't be able to use it on any eggs that's already been produced either Cave Born or bred and thrown in AP.

Nah, the eggs are dragons and pixelated dragons even. Don't forget that this is a role play though so people need a reason why things happen an dhow they happen and wether they fit in the current roleplay.

Besides we eat eggs all the time. These are unfirtile, thus will never hatch so technically aren't dragons/people too. so it fits int he roleplay and everybody can have a clean concsious about collecting them.

Hey the leetle tree is a frozen egg also! tongue.gif People had no problem with that.

Maybe it would work better if all eggs had a little thing in their options saying, "Hey wait... Is this egg not fertile, do you wish to find out?" Then there would be a 50/50 that it will grow or it won't grow.

Doesn't that sound better?

I think I shall suggest this idea as it's own topic. smile.gif

Would you like an option that gave you the chance to get any egg without having to worry about, "Killing" the egg.

This idea would work on the idea that, all eggs had a this in their options saying, "Hey wait... Is this egg not fertile, do you wish to find out?" Then there would be a 50/50 that it be fertile or not fertile.

Doesn't that sound better then freezing eggs?

I'm wondering thought, if it'd be better at a lower chance of success?

Comment explaining what you like or don't like, or just if you have anything to help make this a better idea.

The other one was just talking about bred eggs, so I thought maybe making it more universail, and not having just a chance of picking up an egg and it being unfetile sounded better, so I thought I'd make a topic about that.

Splitting up a discussion into multiple threads is unnecessary. You should have just posted your opinion in that thread.

I don't think the other had a poll? Could the poll be "moved" there? Well the way you get the unfertile egg is still reason for discussion tho. So maybe a mod could merge the threads?

No way! Imagine you finally caught a gold or dino egg and it turned out to be infertile. No, no, no!

Besides it isn't logical that an infirtile egg would grow up just because you didn;t check to see wether it's firtile or not.

The best way is to get a female dragon of that kind first. This way you had to work to earn it, also you've proven you're capable of maturing a dragon before you start collecting eggs willy nilly.

As I mentioned before the ungendered and unbreedables can simply go out and steal an egg form their own kind.

Er, I don't know if that's possible.

It does help get peoples views on it thought.

Of supporting and oppossing.

Why should unbreedables need to steal eggs? Maybe they're just infertile, but well able to give you unfertilized eggs? Even the paper dragon, genderless as it is, could organize some paper and fold a new, but un-animated (= fake) egg. The only problems I currently see are the following:

1) Yulebucks are males only and don't lay eggs. So, we won't be able to get those nice striped eggs. Maybe we can get Yuledoes next Christmas?

2) Event dragons in general are not bred too often. So, we will probably get a flood of unfertilized event eggs. Please don't even start arguing that they should only produce such an egg once at the end of their usual mating time if they haven't been bred, or you'll get moldy cheese thrown at you. I mean, you all want a chance at a holly, right? I'd very much prefer that each event dragon (but the yules) would produce an unfertilized egg once their mating season starts.

3) Should we be able to trade unfertilized eggs? And should they show a lineage? The reason I ask is that it will be most likely your inbreds who give unfertilized eggs.

Why should unbreedables need to steal eggs? Maybe they're just infertile, but well able to give you unfertilized eggs? Even the paper dragon, genderless as it is, could organize some paper and fold a new, but un-animated (= fake) egg. The only problems I currently see are the following:

1) Yulebucks are males only and don't lay eggs. So, we won't be able to get those nice striped eggs. Maybe we can get Yuledoes next Christmas?

2) Event dragons in general are not bred too often. So, we will probably get a flood of unfertilized event eggs. Please don't even start arguing that they should only produce such an egg once at the end of their usual mating time if they haven't been bred, or you'll get moldy cheese thrown at you. I mean, you all want a chance at a holly, right? I'd very much prefer that each event dragon (but the yules) would produce an unfertilized egg once their mating season starts.

3) Should we be able to trade unfertilized eggs? And should they show a lineage? The reason I ask is that it will be most likely your inbreds who give unfertilized eggs.

This would exclude holiday dragons. We could think up another method for those. Since most can only breed on their respective holidays or at least produuce their own kind only on the respective holidays, this makes it a special case.

Maybe for the holiday events, TJ could increase the size of clutches 5 and have the odds having bigger clutches increased. If you already have 2 of the same kind one of the eggs is automatically unfertile and you're able to keep it.

ETA: At this point in time there are no differences between "inbreds" and other dragons. It's basically all in the player's head. There are no differences whatso ever. the game doesn't recognise inbreeding a spunishable and i'd liek ot keep it that way. If you want to roleplay inbreeding, fine for you but I don't want to be part of that.

Since the unfirtle eggs wouldn't have hatched it would have no lineage. It's not a dragon, it's basically a shell that's all.

You could have an option to unfertalize eggs but how? Will it BSA/ An account option? What would be the cooldown? How does it fit int he roleplay? Should new people be able to unfertalize them? Is it ok to unfertalize AP eggs?

All that drama is solved with my idea. sicne you produce the unfertile eggs yourself and are unable to do this to other ppl's eggs so less drama. You won't be able to do this to CB so there's no way to abuse the system.

Edited by n00biito

I don't see why people are going out of their way to make sure that people can't freeze eggs they find in the cave or AP. If you don't want your egg or hatchling to get frozen, don't abandon it. Once it's in the AP, it's fair game, and dictating how others raise your offspring is wrong. Doesn't matter if a dragon's dying, you still can't stick your no-aid offspring in an ER. I don't see why this is different, or why we should cater to the people who start bawwwwing when a new owner doesn't raise their precious, precious dragon to adulthood and breed it once a week.

My opinion on freezing eggs is that there should be an action or BSA, and that you can only have one frozen egg of each sprite.

It doesn't make any sense that an egg could only be infertile after you checked to see if it was infertile. :/

I'm not going out of my way to cater to anyone. Having less bawwing is just one of the many pro's I used to defend my idea that's all.

I agree with you on all that but being right about the matter won't make people complain less. I'm suggesting something that would cater to the masses.

I mean why should it be a BSA at all? Why not just put on aoption there to freeze the eggs and put a cap on how many eggs you're allowed to freeze in 24 hours? Or maybe a week? Etc.

I honestly think that my idea offers the easiet way to avoid abuse and people can freeze/unfertalize as they please.

It doesn't make any sense that an egg could only be infertile after you checked to see if it was infertile. :/

That's what I said! laugh.gif

In the other thread tho... wink.gif

I don't see why people are going out of their way to make sure that people can't freeze eggs they find in the cave or AP. If you don't want your egg or hatchling to get frozen, don't abandon it. Once it's in the AP, it's fair game, and dictating how others raise your offspring is wrong. Doesn't matter if a dragon's dying, you still can't stick your no-aid offspring in an ER. I don't see why this is different, or why we should cater to the people who start bawwwwing when a new owner doesn't raise their precious, precious dragon to adulthood and breed it once a week.

My opinion on freezing eggs is that there should be an action or BSA, and that you can only have one frozen egg of each sprite.

Nothing to do with this.

As I said in the FREEZE topic:

-They'll freeze armies of common eggs to clear the AP

-They'll use it as an alternative to killing. As some have said before, freezing is the next alternative to killing a dragon because it never grows up, and doesn't have any penalties.

-It messes with the ratios.

-If you allow the cave grabbed eggs to be frozen eggs people will grabs eggs just to clear it for the rares.

-Even if it doesn't count towards ratios, for every frozen eggs, thats another egg the cave needs to replace. Particularly with commons, how are we suppose to get rares if the cave has to keep replacing the commons?

-New scroll owners who sign up intentionally to kill eggs can have (with the current freeze limit) 15 ways to "kill" eggs for kicks. So a limit needs to be in place.

-TJ put limits on freezing cause scrolls grow too fast as it is. Well you can freeze eggs ASAP and still raise the dragons. At least now you're limited by hatchling growth cycles, but with eggs you just grab them and freeze them straight away. And freezing isn't seen as "killing"

-It takes away some of the difficulty in raising dragons... Because you're NOT raising the dragon, you're just freezing it. The cave is about collecting and raising dragons... Collecting eggs is only a fraction of the game.

I can write more, I've forgotten a few things. blink.gif

I'd rather support the infertile egg then the frozen egg. If anything YOUR limits are how many dragons you can raise. Which means you need to raise dragons to adulthood first to get the infertile eggs.

I myself don't mind the whole "egg" freeze idea, but no one thinks about what happens with the cave. We've all seen the scroll armies, many are a result of the clogged cave.

Edited by Geobreeder

That particular thought needs tweaking. :-/

Edit:

Regarding the unbreedables, we mustn't forget TJ said "no" to spontaneous egg creation.

Edited by Geobreeder

Nothing to do with this.

As I said in the FREEZE topic:

-They'll freeze armies of common eggs to clear the AP

-They'll use it as an alternative to killing. As some have said before, freezing is the next alternative to killing a dragon because it never grows up, and doesn't have any penalties.

-It messes with the ratios.

-If you allow the cave grabbed eggs to be frozen eggs people will grabs eggs just to clear it for the rares.

-Even if it doesn't count towards ratios, for every frozen eggs, thats another egg the cave needs to replace. Particularly with commons, how are we suppose to get rares if the cave has to keep replacing the commons?

-New scroll owners who sign up intentionally to kill eggs can have (with the current freeze limit) 15 ways to "kill" eggs for kicks. So a limit needs to be in place.

-TJ put limits on freezing cause scrolls grow too fast as it is. Well you can freeze eggs ASAP and still raise the dragons. At least now you're limited by hatchling growth cycles, but with eggs you just grab them and freeze them straight away. And freezing isn't seen as "killing"

-It takes away some of the difficulty in raising dragons... Because you're NOT raising the dragon, you're just freezing it. The cave is about collecting and raising dragons... Collecting eggs is only a fraction of the game.

I can write more, I've forgotten a few things. blink.gif

I'd rather support the infertile egg then the frozen egg. If anything YOUR limits are how many dragons you can raise. Which means you need to raise dragons to adulthood first to get the infertile eggs.

I myself don't mind the whole "egg" freeze idea, but no one thinks about what happens with the cave. We've all seen the scroll armies, many are a result of the clogged cave.

Exactly. I think my idea has a solution for all of these problems. Well not entirely my idea. The Op's idea implemented the way I suggested it.

It's because those eggs would hatch and become a dragon eventually. Technically these aren't eggs. they're empty shells or shells with goo. they're like a leetle tree it just sits there on your scroll being awesome.

I honestly don't understand what's wrong with just regular old freezing. Why make it so dang complicated?

All of the complaints Geo keeps bringing up can be solved fairly easily by putting a limit on freezing eggs just like there is on freezing hatchlings, and maybe not allowing freezing until after 5 hours, just like the CB-abandon limit. That will take care of any fear of people mass-freezing CB eggs just to get at the rares.

And I'm sure there will be more complaints, but tweaking limits and stuff can take care of those easily. I don't understand why this has to be so hard. We have a very simple "freeze this hatchling" option, why can't we have the same for eggs?

what if it is an option on your scroll?

that way people that don't want to end up with unfertile golds or simply don't want eggs sprites don't have to worry, and people that do can allow them to appear unsure.gif

I honestly don't understand what's wrong with just regular old freezing. Why make it so dang complicated?

All of the complaints Geo keeps bringing up can be solved fairly easily by putting a limit on freezing eggs just like there is on freezing hatchlings, and maybe not allowing freezing until after 5 hours, just like the CB-abandon limit. That will take care of any fear of people mass-freezing CB eggs just to get at the rares.

And I'm sure there will be more complaints, but tweaking limits and stuff can take care of those easily. I don't understand why this has to be so hard. We have a very simple "freeze this hatchling" option, why can't we have the same for eggs?

My thoughts in all entirety.

Perhaps, in addition, a frozen egg should still count towards your egg limit for 5/24 hours, just to prevent freezing en masse as a solution to a flooded AP anyways?