21Phoenix

Infertile Eggs

Agreed. Even better, make them into "frozen eggs" that are automatically locked to your scroll. All you can do - if you so desire - is smash them on the ground ("kill" action) to get rid of them.

How do we get eggs from dragons that we don't have in our scrolls?

And the unbreadables?

...ooh, a thought... ninja.gif maybe we could get dinos and chickens to lay infertile eggs and then paint them? I mean, if we can draw the egg sprites on our scrolls, surely we can also paint them onto an actual egg? The chicken eggs could be painted to be pygmy eggs and the dino eggs to be drake or regular dragon eggs.

@danicast: Maybe like this?

@danicast: Maybe like this?

Then why we can not paint them all? Why do we have to breed?

I think we could simply paint them all then no breed would be necessary, nothing. If you got an egg from cave or even saw an egg in someone's scroll you can simply paint.

Edited by danicast

Unbreedables could get a BSA that allows them to create infertile eggs of their kind. ("Fold" for Papers...)

Regarding other dragons you don't have on your scroll - well, try to get them onto your scroll first.

I'm not exactly in favor of making dino or chicken eggs into fake dragon eggs. It'd mean we'd have to collect these pretty uncommon beasties in order to collect eggs. And they aren't even dragons. sad.gif

Personally, I don't collect dinos, chicken or cheeses, so I really don't like having to rely on them for egg collection. I know that a number of people feel the same way about dinos and chicken, at least.

Edited by olympe

Unbreedables could get a BSA that allows them to create infertile eggs of their kind. ("Fold" for Papers...)

Regarding other dragons you don't have on your scroll - well, try to get them onto your scroll first.

You are being contradictory. You say you don't collect dinos, so, following your logic, you wouldn't be able to have dino eggs.

I'm 100% against the idea to force people to change their game styles, it will force them to collect dragons that they don't want to collect or have no meanings to collect.

I think the eggs should be available to all because it's a different collection from dragons.

I can want a green dragon egg but do not want any green dragon in my scroll. It's wrong to have to force someone to collect dragons just to get the eggs.

Edited by danicast

I'm not exactly in favor of making dino or chicken eggs into fake dragon eggs. It'd mean we'd have to collect these pretty uncommon beasties in order to collect eggs. And they aren't even dragons. sad.gif

I actually wasn't picturing it as an exclusive option (my favourite frozen egg option is 'put the pieces back together after the dragon hatched', if anyone's curious), but as an additional one. It'd be potentially more convenient if you had them, and would let you get eggs "from memory".

For example, to pick an extreme scenario, using the 'put the pieces back together' option (yes, I know that's a different thread smile.gif ), you wouldn't need to make a Neglected dragon of your own to get a frozen Neglected egg. As long as you have an adult of that species and 'knew' what the egg looked like - you'd "breed" a dino, then paint the egg to look like a Neglected.

And, seriously, I don't want any dino eggs on my scroll. Why would I want them if I don't want the adults?

Also, even if I was desperate for dino eggs, I could raise a dino (I suppose) and release it after I have my fill of eggs.

Also, I think that, if you put some effort into it (by going to the various gifting topics on these forums, for example!), that you can get pretty much every dragon breed. Not necessarily with a clean lineage, much less CB. But you can get every breed. Even hollies are possible by now. And there are also other places where you can trade for stuff.

I actually wasn't picturing it as an exclusive option (my favourite frozen egg option is 'put the pieces back together after the dragon hatched', if anyone's curious), but as an additional one. It'd be potentially more convenient if you had them, and would let you get eggs "from memory".

For example, to pick an extreme scenario, using the 'put the pieces back together' option (yes, I know that's a different thread smile.gif ), you wouldn't need to make a Neglected dragon of your own to get a frozen Neglected egg. As long as you have an adult of that species and 'knew' what the egg looked like - you'd "breed" a dino, then paint the egg to look like a Neglected.

I think we all should be able to paint any egg that we already have seen. You can see an egg in another scroll and paint from memory too.

Paint the egg seems to be the best idea that I've seen so far.

QUOTE (olympe @ Aug 16 2014, 11:51 AM)

And, seriously, I don't want any dino eggs on my scroll. Why would I want them if I don't want the adults?

Also, even if I was desperate for dino eggs, I could raise a dino (I suppose) and release it after I have my fill of eggs.

Also, I think that, if you put some effort into it (by going to the various gifting topics on these forums, for example!), that you can get pretty much every dragon breed. Not necessarily with a clean lineage, much less CB. But you can get every breed. Even hollies are possible by now. And there are also other places where you can trade for stuff.

Still it would be interfering with the player game style and forcing them to do something they don't want to do. I don't collect dragons with messed lineages, I don't want to be forced to do so because I want to collect the eggs.

Edited by danicast

So, uhm, all you'd have to do is look at every egg once? Sounds too simple to me, somehow.

Maybe if we get the Artistic Dragon from the completed list onto our scrolls, it could have "Paint egg" as a BSA? xd.png

So, uhm, all you'd have to do is look at every egg once? Sounds too simple to me, somehow.

Maybe if we get the Artistic Dragon from the completed list onto our scrolls, it could have "Paint egg" as a BSA? xd.png

Nope, this won't solve the problem to force players to have to collect dragons that they don't want to just to have the egg. Paint should be an action, not a BSA.

I would find that extremely cute. :3

However, again, someone might object that they don't want that dragon and would be FORCED to have it if they wanted eggs. I don't have a problem with this idea personally, but I wonder if some others might.

Pretty much everybody does. However, I cannot remember people going all "But I don't want to be forced to collect X dragon!" when Incubate, Influence, Fertility, Splash, Summon or Expunge came out. I don't see that kind of attitude in the BSA section, either. The only time it did crop up was when teleport was still in the making - and people were worried they'd have to hoard magis for the occasional trade or gift.

That's not enough. Not everybody checks the egg page in a teleport, a lot of people can wrongly accept a trade with an infertile egg thinking that is accepting a normal egg. The infertile egg needs to have some characteristic that screams to the eyes so people know at a glance that they are not regular eggs.

Also how the ratios would work in this case? It will be harder to get a gold infertile than a nocturne infertile? We must consider that if that's the case a whole paralel market will be established to trade infertile eggs.

You wouldn't need to check the egg page. The timer is listed right in the teleport, so frozen eggs would be easily noticed.

I wouldn't mind if rare dragon's infertile eggs were equally rare. You don't need to concern yourself with lineage (or at least I wouldn't care so much), and I'm sure viable eggs would generally be worth more than their infertile counterpart.

Edited by Tehya Faye

I would find that extremely cute. :3

However, again, someone might object that they don't want that dragon and would be FORCED to have it if they wanted eggs. I don't have a problem with this idea personally, but I wonder if some others might.

Well, you're already forced to have a certain type of dragon to trade. (which is arguably a bigger feature than egg freezing).

I haven't read the whole thread, but some things.

1. Trading

If these are tradeable, people will try to scam others. It Will Happen. And humans being humans... a countdown timer isn't enough of a notice, its too easy to miss. Frozen and adult dragons aren't tradeable, why should infertile eggs?

2. People being "forced" to collect dragons they don't want

Influence, Incubate, Fertility, and teleport do the same already. Its the nature of BSAs. So, since its part of the game anyway I don't see a problem.

3. Infertile eggs as a 3rd message with No Egg and No Interest.

I could see this being problematic, because of people getting confused about how the ratios work. Best I think to avoid the whole situation.

4. Infertile eggs at the same time you get a normal egg

Interesting, and I can't see any real issue with it so long as the trading issue is solved.

5. Paint the Egg

As a BSA, I think its a good idea, assuming we had a dragon who it fit. I think, paint could work so long as the dragon of the to-be-pained species had hatched on your scroll. If you don't want the just-hatched dragon species, you can send it to the AP.

6. The assemble shell fragments

I think I like this one best. No dead eggs for people to get squeemish over, but you have to have collected at least one of a dragon to get its shell. It'd also solve the GoN egg issue. Like above, limiting it to eggs that hatched on your scrolls seems good.

Cheers!

C4.

I think this should be a female dragon action and not necessarily a BSA.

There's a good number of animals and such that lay unfertilized eggs, chickens being the most well-known. They're just not... eggs that will ever gestate into living creatures, just a bunch of yolk.

And give these eggs an action command like 'preserve' that you have to use within a certain amount of time or they'll go rotten on your scroll. 7 days should be a good time for this, just like a normal egg. Also just like with hatchlings vs. frozen hatchlings, the eggs should take up an egg slot until you do something with them.

Having it be an either-or with breeding and have it have a similar success rate as breeding for that specific dragon breed should work.

I mean, if it's a choice between having a pretty gold egg forever on you scroll and breeding another gold, it'd make people consider it more.

As for trading: No. The same reason you can't give/trade someone your leetle tree or frozen hatchlings or adults.

You can 'release' them just like frozen hatchlings so if you don't want them anymore you're not stuck with them.

I also prefer to have this as a regular action, instead of a BSA.

I think I have suggested this before, but don't remember where.

If a dragon pair is on breeding cooldown, there could be the option to breed them anyway, but they'd produce an infertile egg in that case. There would be a fail rate (no interest, no egg) like for any other breeding, and the breeding cooldown would increase by 7 days if that action is used.

-> breed a pair that has been bred the day before (6 days breeding cooldown left) to get an infertile egg, the cooldown is increased by 7 days and is 13 days then

-> breed a pair that has been bred 6 days ago (1 day breeding cooldown left) to get an infertile egg, the cooldown is increased by 7 days and is 8 days then

You could get only one attempt at an infertile egg after each regular breeding - if you don't get what you want, you have to regularly breed the pair again before you can attempt at an infertile egg again (otherwise you could do 100 breedings in a few minutes to get an infertile egg from a stubborn pair, but couldn't breed them for several years after that).

Or, as a less strict rule, this action would be only available if the breeding cooldown is <7 days. So you could attempt to breed an infertile egg after a regular breeding, or a week after the last attempt for an infertile egg.

I don't understand why we do not have fake eggs on our scroll already. I mean, this is what the website says when you look at your scroll from the "owner" link on one of your dragons:

user posted image

"You pick up your scroll, and see small sketches of dragons along with information about them."

It says you see sketches of dragons, which are drawings, right? So, obviously we should be able to "not erase" the sketches of the eggs we make, right? Or am I missing something?

Edit for picture insertion.

Edited by xeyla

As it stands the scroll drawings are strictly what you own. Yes, it is theoretically possible to collect egg sprites by just drawing them without them representing an actual egg, but it changes the very nature of what the scrolls are. They stop being a representation of fact and become fantasy. At that point, in the logic of the world, what's to stop us from drawing shiny gold and silver dragons just because we want to?

Ah, that is what I was missing! Ok, this suggestion makes more sense to me now. Thank you PK13.