Arimermaid

Warrior Cats Adoptables

Ummm.... It says acess denined. I registered and when i got the email, i clicked it, and it told me that?!

Should Chicken Smoothie change their name too, after all, they are not about chickens or smoothies.  laugh.gif

Warrior Cats means nothing to the millions of people who have never read the Warrior Cats series.  smile.gif

Still sounds a little odd to me though. unsure.gif

Ah well, point taken. sleep.gif

Oh, apparently

Your time to adopt has expired

Sorry, your time to adopt has expired. You can only adopt up to 24 hours after joining.

How come there's no way to find out until after the 24 hours? There's a reason I didn't adopt all 5 of my pets at one go, you know. dry.gif

I'll join it tomorrow. Thanks. What do you have to do on there anyway? Do people have to click on them?

Yes. Getting other people to click would help, but clicking them single-handedly would work too (albeit taking a much longer time).

Ok, thanks. Is it like DC? And in your signature, it says something about a 250 book challenge. Do they have a list of books that you can read, or do you just read any random 250 books?

Ok, thanks. Is it like DC? And in your signature, it says something about a 250 book challenge. Do they have a list of books that you can read, or do you just read any random 250 books?

Kinda like DC in a way. smile.gif

Any random 250 books that are over 100 pages long. You can click the button; it takes you to the thread. wink.gif

/sorry for off-topic

I've got some thoughts on the site, both good and bad. So if anyone still reads this, then whooptey-do for me. If not, then I'll just be happy to get this off my chest.

Descriptions- I love, not like, LOVE how long they can be. Not much else to say on that...

Patrols- I like how intractable this makes me feel with my cats. Really adds to a 'clan' feeling. Though I dislike that the messages can greatly differ, if you get what I'm saying. example:

"Your patrol comes back to your house" as opposed to "Your patrol runs back to your camp" I seriously try to make it feel like I'm running a clan, the house is seriously antagonizing. And with the new 'change of focus', I can picture a wolf, badger or possibly a dragon going on patrol and being injured by a wolf, badger or the infamous 'something unnatural'. Or even more weird, a rabbit hunting a mouse.

Pets- I do enjoy dragons and mythical beasties added, as that can add flair and interest to clan histories. Horses, Foxes, Rabbits, Badgers, Wolves, etc, however, I do not support. The book makes it pretty obvious that rabbits are food, and the others are clear enemies. I wouldn't mind them being added if there where more sprite-style cats, but they seem to be taking them over, which, quite frankly, Luckyclaw no like. Plus, the artwork is getting kind of big for my taste. Example? The Leopard. Seriously. Way too large.

The whole 'Change of focus'- Seriously NOT liking this. You keep bringing up ChickenSmoothie, which is more of a funny little name, it never was supposed to mean you would get smoothies made of chickens. MWC, however, isn't a funny little name. It WAS based off warriors, and a lot of features still say that. And it's probably misleading to many people who join. Plus, the vast majority of your site characters are cats, minus the one wolf. I just don't like it.

Overall- I do enjoy the site. I like to go on it, but that's just my feedback.

It seems way too cluttered and complicated to me now, and almost every page has some ad for the site, saying that you can buy this or that. It's just not my kind of adoptables site anymore. :/

It seems way too cluttered and complicated to me now, and almost every page has some ad for the site, saying that you can buy this or that. It's just not my kind of adoptables site anymore. :/

Yes, it's an unfortunate reality that it costs a lot of money to run a site with a lot of traffic, but our ads only show up at a few locations on the site and we added them to let members know of new packages that we are offering. We continue to set new growth records, so it seems we must be doing something right. I am sorry you don't like it anymore, but one fact about life is that you can never please everyone all the time. smile.gif

I've got some thoughts on the site, both good and bad. So if anyone still reads this, then whooptey-do for me. If not, then I'll just be happy to get this off my chest.

Descriptions- I love, not like, LOVE how long they can be. Not much else to say on that...

Patrols- I like how intractable this makes me feel with my cats. Really adds to a 'clan' feeling. Though I dislike that the messages can greatly differ, if you get what I'm saying. example:

"Your patrol comes back to your house" as opposed to "Your patrol runs back to your camp" I seriously try to make it feel like I'm running a clan, the house is seriously antagonizing. And with the new 'change of focus', I can picture a wolf, badger or possibly a dragon going on patrol and being injured by a wolf, badger or the infamous 'something unnatural'. Or even more weird, a rabbit hunting a mouse.

Pets- I do enjoy dragons and mythical beasties added, as that can add flair and interest to clan histories. Horses, Foxes, Rabbits, Badgers, Wolves, etc, however, I do not support. The book makes it pretty obvious that rabbits are food, and the others are clear enemies. I wouldn't mind them being added if there where more sprite-style cats, but they seem to be taking them over, which, quite frankly, Luckyclaw no like. Plus, the artwork is getting kind of big for my taste. Example? The Leopard. Seriously. Way too large.

The whole 'Change of focus'- Seriously NOT liking this. You keep bringing up ChickenSmoothie, which is more of a funny little name, it never was supposed to mean you would get smoothies made of chickens. MWC, however, isn't a funny little name. It WAS based off warriors, and a lot of features still say that. And it's probably misleading to many people who join. Plus, the vast majority of your site characters are cats, minus the one wolf. I just don't like it.

Overall- I do enjoy the site. I like to go on it, but that's just my feedback.

We have a bunch of different writers who write the patrols, which allows us to have a nice variety of different outcomes. Some like it and some don't but most seem to enjoy the new or entertaining outcomes.

Regardless of the original intentions of the name Chicken Smoothie, many people who have never heard of it would not think a site with such a name would be an adoptables site. In addition, warrior cats can be related to anything and is not limited to a very small niche book series in which the majority of people have never heard about. In addition, none of the new members have a problem with the URL of the site and simply enjoy the adoptables like they do on Chicken Smoothie.

What features are you referring to when you say a lot of features are still based off warriors? In addition, we have far more than one non-cat creature, we have dragons, dogs, horses, bears (many different types), etc. I have never had a single member claim they were mislead regarding the content of the site. How can the name of a site be misleading? I hate to bring up chicken smoothie again, but couldn't the same be said of their site (although I would disagree). It's simply the name of the site. I doubt when someone buys a Chevy Impala, they really believe they are buying an animal and feel mislead.

I do appreciate all your other comments, but felt I need to address these other points in detail.

I'm nearly done selling all my cats for 1 prey point, just wondered if anyone here had maybe caught anything? xd.png

The things based off warriors; Patrols, territories, the majority of users naming their cats in accordance to warriors. All says it's based off the book series. And a question, You say the majority have no heard of warriors, I scoot over to the graveyard, click exchange and other areas that include going to to other profiles/pets, the vast majority have names such as 'RedKit, GhostClan, BlueClaw, etc.' I find it VERY hard to believe that they have not heard of warriors. Also the fact that warriors is a best-seller, at least where I am. Plus another thing; I highly doubt people would go through the trouble to PM a mod to say that they made an honest mistake when joining the site. They just leave their pets to starve and they end up in the graveyard. Where they are promptly forgotten and left to rot.

And saying, Cars are very different. You instantly hear 'car dealer' and know that you're hearing about a car. MWC, however, is easy to mistake for the Bookseries. And your response makes me bring a touch more praise, however.

Users- I like how we play a large role in the site. Another line of praise. Sorry It's short, but I want to cover one more thing before I stop typing. A suggestion!!!

Maybe you can add a drop down menu to shut-up all us drama-llamas who wish It was a warriors site? And it would work like so;

User X wishes to make this a warriors-theamed site. He goes to 'my account' and selects site theme. 'Adoptables site' And 'Warriors site'

Text would be changed to 'clan' instead of home, and only certian patrol descriptions would come to us, ones that say 'clan' instead of 'home'.

And, again, just a suggestion.

EDIT- Horrid spelling errors. I wish I had my Fire Fox... *sniff*

Edited by Luckyclaw

The things based off warriors; Patrols, territories, the majority of users naming their cats in accordance to warriors.  All says it's based off the book series.

I hate to be disagreeable, but I feel as if I am forced to respond and I hope you don't mind me responding point by point. My goal here is to present my side as clearly as possible, so here I go. Are you suggesting other animals do not patrol their territories? In addition, most animals are territorial and have territories, which means these terms can apply to many other types of animals and is not limited to "warriors". I have no control over what the users name their pets, and if they want to name them after Warrior Cats, that is their choice, but has nothing to do with the site in general. Therefore none of them are based off the book series. In addition, we have ranks, pets, homes, lotteries, etc, etc which have absolutely nothing to do with the warrior cats series. They are adoptables, which means they are pets which people can adopt, care for, trade, sell, etc. I don't remember the series having a trading system, marketplace, dragons, etc, etc. There are far more differences than there are similarities, so it seems like you are seeking out the similarities instead of seeing the differences. Since the site started off as a Warrior Cats fan site, it's no wonder that some things may be similar, but we are moving away from such similarities.

And a question, You say the majority have no heard of warriors, I scoot over to the graveyard, click exchange and other areas that include going to to other profiles/pets, the vast majority have names such as 'RedKit, GhostClan, BlueClaw, etc.' I find it VERY hard to believe that they have not heard of warriors.

The graveyard is a poor place to draw such a conclusion as most of those are from very old members who no longer participate in the site. This is why their pets have died to due to lack of immunizations. On the other hand, if we take a look a the latest born pets, you will see names like Sunyet, Leo, Fate, Charlotte Etc. It seems to me as if you are looking at the site with a biased lens and seeking out any possible connection to the warrior cats book series.

Also the fact that warriors is a best-seller, at least where I am. Plus another thing; I highly doubt people would go through the trouble to PM a mod to say that they made an honest mistake when joining the site. They just leave their pets to starve and they end up in the graveyard. Where they are promptly forgotten and left to rot.

Actually, they do go through the trouble of PMing not only the mods, but me personally when they don't like something, so I have to say you are wrong on this account to. They know immediately when they join because they have to adopt pets which have nothing to do with the Warrior Cat series, and they have to give them ranks which have nothing to do with Warriors. In addition, the majority of NEW members do not name their pets Warrior Cat names.

And saying, Cars are very different. You instantly hear 'car dealer' and know that you're hearing about a car. MWC, however, is easy to mistake for the Bookseries. And your response makes me bring a touch more praise, however.

But what about used car dealers which sell other cars? For example, a Ford dealership which sells used Chevy's?

Maybe you can add a drop down menu to shut-up all us drama-llamas who wish It was a warriors site? And it would work like so;

User X wishes to make this a warriors-theamed site. He goes to 'my account' and selects site theme. 'Adoptables site' And 'Warriors site'

Text would be changed to 'clan' instead of home, and only certian patrol descriptions would come to us, ones that say 'clan' instead of 'home'.

And, again, just a suggestion.

EDIT- Horrid spelling errors. I wish I had my Fire Fox... *sniff*

That is a great suggestion, but one thing you have to take into consideration is that I don't own the rights to use Warrior Cats and could get into legal trouble for trying to do so. I don't want the company who publishes Warrior Cats to shut down my site over copyright infringement.

I still... Don't get why you guys can't change the name of the site. It just sticks out at other people.

Oh, while I was there as a user, I used to click all those people. Their cats have all those names, even the blueberry cats or so-and-so cats. They have names like, Redstar and stuff. Even my cat names are like that (poor argument on my part xd.png). The difference between Chicken Smoothie and MWC is this:

Chicken Smoothie was never on the focus of making chicken-smoothie adoptable or anything. They just added adoptables.

While MWC on the other hand, changed EVERYTHING. The layout, the adoptables, the sprites, the sprite size... Then they added a bunch of other stuff, like the shops. After it changed, it was very complicated for me. I had to re-learn everything about the site. I couldn't even get used to the layout. And the weather system seems a little odd to be there, because if it's not focused on wild cats who live outside houses, why would the weather affect the animals? They're not going to get rained on, or hit by lightning or anything.

And for crying out loud, we're talking about owners in a house, owning adoptables. I don't think our pets would be hunted, and there's really no need for 'patrolling'. MWC isn't focusing about the wild anymore. It sounds more like a city, rather than a forest.

Yes, dogs and other stuff are territorial, but this is a house, not a humongous border line where territories are. We have a house now, not a Clan to feed, not a camp to return to, to sleep in fern nests. We have a shop to get items from, we have a vet, not a medicine cat. It's best to have natural causes rather than to make different results saying your pet got killed by a tree during patrol.

House pets don't patrol. They only protect their own young, their owner (not all pets do), and where they mark their scent on.

*whew* I'm done xd.png

I still... Don't get why you guys can't change the name of the site. It just sticks out at other people.

Why would we change the name of the site when it already has name recognition? That would be completely counter productive and would throw away years of advertising and the years of work to get name recognition. It's not easy to gain name recognition on the internet and most people fail. Only an idiot would suddenly change their site's name once they had gained such name recognition. It would be completely counter productive. Why are you unable to understand this very important point? The real question is, why do you have such a problem with my site's URL? Why does it bother you so much that the site has the name MyWarriorCats.com? How many successful sites do you currently run?

Oh, while I was there as a user, I used to click all those people. Their cats have all those names, even the blueberry cats or so-and-so cats. They have names like, Redstar and stuff. Even my cat names are like that (poor argument on my part xd.png.png).

The key word in your quote above is "while". I don't know how long you have been gone, but as I posted in the post above yours, the new members name their pets all kinds of different names, and even if you take a look at the top ranked Pets, only three out of 10 have warrior cat names. So we have some members who like the Warrior Cat series, so why does that bother you? Why do you even care?

The difference between Chicken Smoothie and MWC is this

Chicken Smoothie was never on the focus of making chicken-smoothie adoptable or anything. They just added adoptables.

Regardless of what their first intentions where, this does not in anyway invalidate the fact that the site has nothing to do with Chickens or Smoothies. This is a fact that is undeniable. You are simply trying to spin this in order to make a point, but it cannot be spun in such a way. Many websites change their focus after gaining name recognition, but they keep the sites name because people become familiar with it. It's not easy to gain name recognition on the web because there are so many websites out there. I know google started out strictly as a search engine, but now they have maps, advertising, etc, etc. Do you think it would have been beneficial for them to change their name because they changed their focus? It's not as if we do not allow members to still name their pets warriors, so what is the issue?

While MWC on the other hand, changed EVERYTHING. The layout, the adoptables, the sprites, the sprite size... Then they added a bunch of other stuff, like the shops. After it changed, it was very complicated for me. I had to re-learn everything about the site. I couldn't even get used to the layout. And the weather system seems a little odd to be there, because if it's not focused on wild cats who live outside houses, why would the weather affect the animals? They're not going to get rained on, or hit by lightning or anything.

Of course we changed the sprites, they were cat sprites from the Catz game and we didn't own the rights to them. We could get sued for copyright infringement, so why does it surprise you that we had to change them? We changed the layout and the site because we changed our focus and decided to appeal to a wider audience, which as worked out wonderfully for the site. We have seen phenomenal growth these last few months and it doesn't show any signs of slowing down. I am not sure why you had trouble after the changes because we made sure the links remained the same and only added more feature to keep the members happy.

The weather system is not odd at all once you realize that you are on an adoptables site, which means you are adopting pets and caring for them. The weather will soon be integrated into the system so that it affects payout on Patrols and the daily Prey Check. It's there to make it dynamic and to keep it fun for the members. The bottom line is keeping it fun and as close to realistic as possible. Of course some things are not going to be real, but Dragons are also not real and don't make any sense if we are only dealing with realism, which would be rather boring in a game environment wouldn't you say?

And for crying out loud, we're talking about owners in a house, owning adoptables. I don't think our pets would be hunted, and there's really no need for 'patrolling'. MWC isn't focusing about the wild anymore. It sounds more like a city, rather than a forest.

I don't know where you live, but where I live there are many cases of domestic pets being killed by wild animals. In addition, my real cats bring home their fresh kill all the time. But once again, it gets down to being a game, and something that is supposed to be fun. If you know so much about successful adoptable sites, perhaps you can share with us your successful adoptables site?

Yes, dogs and other stuff are territorial, but this is a house, not a humongous border line where territories are. We have a house now, not a Clan to feed, not a camp to return to, to sleep in fern nests. We have a shop to get items from, we have a vet, not a medicine cat. It's best to have natural causes rather than to make different results saying your pet got killed by a tree during patrol.

Once again, this was covered above, but there are plenty of domesticated outdoor animals who have territorial scuffles with other pets in the area. I guess I sound like a broken record, but the idea is to make the site fun. I plan on adding a bunch of other features too, such as battles, which the members will be able to battle other pets if they want too. Yes, it's not realistic, but it's fun and the members like it. It's not easy to create a site which is based on both realism and fantasy, but we are doing the best we can, and according to the results, it seems we are being very successful at it.

House pets don't patrol. They only protect their own young, their owner (not all pets do), and where they mark their scent on.

*whew* I'm done xd.png.png

Maybe your house pets don't but MWC house pets do, and the members love it. The question I have for you, is why do you care so much? Why does it bother you?

I used to be a member of MWC, but when they changed the pixely style of the cats to this new weird handdrawn one, I left.

I used to be a member of MWC, but when they changed the pixely style of the cats to this new weird handdrawn one, I left.

The cats are still pixels, but we could not use images which were not ours, so we had to change them. I am sorry you didn't like the new ones, but we had no choice but to change them, and the majority of members were perfectly happy. The good news is we are always adding new creates, both smooth and pixel art.

For those who were having trouble leveling up their pets, we have released a stable version of our MWCA click exchange. This should really help those who were having trouble. smile.gif

For those who were having trouble leveling up their pets, we have released a stable version of our MWCA click exchange. This should really help those who were having trouble. smile.gif

Care to explain how the credit system works? Just wondering.

Care to explain how the credit system works? Just wondering.

Just like any other click exchange. Basically you gain credits by clicking on others links and lose credits when others click on your links. smile.gif

I meant, how many credits do you gain when you click, and how many do you lose when others click?

And, another question. Does the health and happiness level affect anything?

My account won't activate, I know what the user and password is, but everytime I click the e-mail I got, and click on the link, it says that account isn't there! Please help? I give you a dragon i can breed on my scroll?