Hiei101

Final Fantasy

Squall, Cloud, Zidane, Vaan and Tidus are all the central (or important) characters on the cover of their respective games.

Just because she is on the cover does not mean she is the main. The game does not focus on her but the entire group. Showing each of their stories. None play that central role.

Google searching 'main character final fantasy 13' I got... this.

I guess we were both wrong.

Anyway quote from wikipedia:

Lightning (ライトニング, Raitoningu?)  is a fictional character and the main protagonist  of the video game Final Fantasy XIII.

From Final Fantasy Wiki:

Lightning is a playable character and the main protagonist in Final Fantasy XIII.

She is also the first character in the Final Fantasy 13 section of Square's official site. Guess who else gets the first person slot?

Tidus, Vaan, Cloud, Zidane, Squall, and Bartz. Yep, I checked them all too. Most of these didn't put 'main character' in their description. One or two did, but not all of them.

Main protagonist means the main of the main character. I try not to trust wiki though. I prefer a main that is painful obviously the main character. Where if a woman magically grew a pair you would say oh he/she is connected to it somehow. FF13 just doesn't have that.

Main protagonist means the main of the main character. I try not to trust wiki though. I prefer a main that is painful obviously the main character. Where if a woman magically grew a pair you would say oh he/she is connected to it somehow. FF13 just doesn't have that.

Wat @ first sentence.

And then, think about it. YOU don't like that she's not "painfully obviously the main", and therefore pointedly ignore the evidence that says she is. Not right.

Considering all that evidence, is it REALLY necessary for Squeenix to go "ya btw, Lightning's the main chara in 13, JIC anyone was wondering."?

Also, LULZ at everyone's reactions from the quote I posted.

I'm really not sure what you are saying.

I know what main protagonist means. A protagonist is the person who the story follows, and the antagonist is the person opposed to that character, neither of which are necessarily 'good' or 'bad'. Lightning is the main protagonist, as in she is the one the story follows.

If Square didn't want her to be the main character, they would have sorted the characters alphabetically or something and put all of them on the cover.

was pretty much completely focused on Lightning.

The Square Enix FF13 merchandise starts off with a Lightning figurine and includes 3 Lightning objects, more then any other character.

Creative Uncut has more Lightning images then any other character. Look at the promo posters - she is the main focus on every one of them.

Faceplates, figurines, and books all have Lightning, none with any other character.

On YouTube when I searched the only character theme showing up on the first page was Lightning's.

The Final Fantasy 13 site says she is the protagonist.

The original scans almost all feature Lightning.

When I Google search Final Fantasy 13, the only character appearing in a related search is Lightning.

"Players will follow Lightning, Snow, and the other heroes who are dealt a hand of fate by the god-like fal'Cie." Amazon lists her first too.

I'm not even sure what this IS but it features Lightning the most.

Mostly Lightning

Even this random person lists Lightning first.

Oookay, I think I'm going overboard.

Edited by Shaddowwarrior

THERE IS NO CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE. As I say for the forth time. In fact the ONLY real evidence is that she is on the cover but that is stil INCONCLUSIVE.

With that yes enix has to say yeah lightning is the main fyi. Atm it is all speculation and that includes me.

Dear god, did you read ANYTHING I said?

Square practically did say she is the main. Otherwsie they wouldn't, you know, make all their merchandise based off her and put her on the cover alone and stuff.

Ooh, and link me where it says Cloud, Squall, Zidane, Bartz, Vaan, and Tidus are the mains please.

Again inconclusive. Do you not understand painfully obvious. I mean in game. There are games where everything you just said was the exact OPPOSITE of the truth. Wish I could name them but alas my memory is censorkip.gif.

Something like that. Can we just agree to disagree? I smashed my head yesterday and it is just killing me today. No pun intended. Bikering like 2 grown children is not helping. Sorry for any trouble.

So to a different area. What was FF9 about? Thinking of watching walkthroughs but want info before watching long hours of random battling as FF loves so much.

ACTUALLY it depends on who you are playing as. You can play as multiple people. Hope, Lightning, Vanille, Sezh, Fang, and Snow. It all depends on the leader of the party. If YOU die it is game over.

If square enix says she is the main then who am I to argue but unless they confirm it. Everybody, including me, is just speculating. There really is no conclusive evidence for either theory.

Yes, and the first character to be introduced and played as is Lightning, as with all FF games, the main is the first to be played. And like the former ones, or at least from 9 or 10, you choose who the party leader is, and the main is the default.

*smacks with wet tuna*

READ MY LAST POST!!!!!!

Final Fantasy 9 is awesome about Zidane Tribal, a thief from the group Tantalus. In the beginning of the game, the group arrives at the capital of the kingdom of Alexandria and puts on a play for Queen Brahne and Princess Garnet, as well as the nobles of Alexandria.

However, their real intent is to kidnap Garnet. When Zidane and his friend Blank sneak off to kidnap her, they find she wants to be kidnapped. The problem arises when the loyal knight Steiner chases them down, and Queen Brahne discovers the kidnappers' plot. She shoots down their airship just as they are flying away, causing them to crash in a dangerous forest, with Steiner, Garnet, and a young boy named Vivi who got stuck on their ship. Garnet and Vivi are captured by a plant, and Zidane goes out to rescue them, aided by Steiner, and against the wishes of Tantalus's leader.

They get them back after killing the Mother Plant, but the forest freezes up and they have to run out, away from Tantalus. Blank has come to aid him, but he gets caught by the forest, and his last act is to throw the map to Zidane before becoming petrified.

And then they try to get home and stuff happens. I can't say much more without spoiling big parts of the plot..

But Kuja is awesome.

*headshake*

I'm back home for an undisclosed period of time and as I'm sick of sitting out on the couch and doing censorkip.gif, I'm gonna move to my room and do some other censorkip.gif.

Read: Nix ish gonna pick up 8 once she's done with this book. >>

I won't even reply to nix or my head will explode but shadow FF9 does now look awesome.

Dude, did you seriously just piss me off?

I don't know and really, truthfully, don't care. I was stopping something and you were keeping it going.

You could, god forbid, stop talking about stopping arguments and actually don't start censorkip.gif in the first place.

You could, god forbid, stop talking about stopping arguments and actually don't start censorkip.gif in the first place.

Hmm impossible. My opinions are too different from other peoples so they are bound to start something. Of course I have the habit of saying my opinions that is just how I am. I have accepted me for who I am.

*facepalm*

Surviving in space without a pressurized suit and an oxygen tank is impossible. Drinking molten gold without a hole burned through your belly while screaming horribly is impossible. Liking Miley Cyrus music whilst not being a nine year old girl is impossible.

Learning to steer the conversation away from an argument to stop it before it happens is actually a much needed social skill and is not impossible.

Edited by Drer'Ahv

Yes, and the first character to be introduced and played as is Lightning, as with all FF games, the main is the first to be played. And like the former ones, or at least from 9 or 10, you choose who the party leader is, and the main is the default.

Actually the first person you play in FF12 is Rex...

@Drer: Wrong, I know some twelve-year-olds who like Miley Cyrus. And even more nine-year-olds, but still.

@Fortune: But he dies so early it hardly even counts. And he practically is Vaan, so...

@Drer: Wrong, I know some twelve-year-olds who like Miley Cyrus. And even more nine-year-olds, but still.

I was just trying to lighten the mood a little. D: In hindsight I have a friend slash neighbor...person...that enjoys Miley Cyrus -- she's about my age, too. She isn't so much as a friend as a person that demands to pet my dog every time I walk by. I try not to talk to her -- she scares me. D: