Hiei101

Final Fantasy

Not yet, but I want there to be.

It's so annoying. I can't even find any new info on Persona 5 D:

Speaking of Final Fantasy.. I reckon that after FFX you should give FFIX a try. I know you stated that you disliked the artstyle of the game, but to be perfectly honest you're kind of letting it keep you from an, at least, modestly decent experience. For one thing, the protagonist isn't an emo git like Squall or an antisocial 'tard like Cloud, or the whiniest shemale to walk the earth, Tidus. Zidane, surprisingly enough, is a total grabass in stark contrast to these protagonists - literally, he grabs the lead female's ass on one occasion, and flirts with her frequently. More surprisingly still, he actually takes charge and is an actual leader for the party (as opposed to Cloud who avoids his friends like the plague, Squall who gets his leader role handed to him inexplicably on a silver platter and Tidus that's just.. Tidus), and tries to involve himself with his fellow team mates in all sorts of interactions.

I know Shadow has a reaction to this, and Fortune probably will too, but anyone else? tongue.gif

Speaking of Final Fantasy.. I reckon that after FFX you should give FFIX a try. I know you stated that you disliked the artstyle of the game, but to be perfectly honest you're kind of letting it keep you from an, at least, modestly decent experience. For one thing, the protagonist isn't an emo git like Squall or an antisocial 'tard like Cloud, or the whiniest shemale to walk the earth, Tidus. Zidane, surprisingly enough, is a total grabass in stark contrast to these protagonists - literally, he grabs the lead female's ass on one occasion, and flirts with her frequently. More surprisingly still, he actually takes charge and is an actual leader for the party (as opposed to Cloud who avoids his friends like the plague, Squall who gets his leader role handed to him inexplicably on a silver platter and Tidus that's just.. Tidus), and tries to involve himself with his fellow team mates in all sorts of interactions.

I know Shadow has a reaction to this, and Fortune probably will too, but anyone else? tongue.gif

*breaths fire*

DON'T BE INSULTING CLOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes he is antisocial but he is NOT a tard!

*takes out large baseball bat*

I want a name and an address please.

Nobody bashes my Squall.

I'd defend the Cloud here, but at the level of Hero Devolution he has experienced I don't think he would care.

: D I like that blog.

Although so far I don't mind Squall and Cloud is kind of cool... Tidus. AAAGGGHHHH Tidus. I played that game for Yuna and tolerated Tidus because she liked him for some reason.

CLOUD IS EPICSAUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now yes I am male and no I am NOT gay.

CLOUD IS EPICSAUCE!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. ...but because I am a girl and a bit of a feminist, I've got to say that for me, Lightning beats the pants off cloud and any other final fantasy protagonist. ...I just wish that she had more personality...

I liked FF13 but there was no main and that pissed me off

I liked FF13 but there was no main and that pissed me off

Agreed. I just finished that game a few days ago, and I must say that I am disgusted. I want my money back. That game had the weakest story and ending of any final fantasy I have played, including ffxii. I am very disappointed with the game creators, as I would probably place final fantasy 12 as my favorite game in the series.

Edited by Enitsnid

Actually.. if it doesn't have a main character that is actually kind of cool.

Sometimes the main character feels forced. Like Vaan and Tidus. Although I like Vaan much better. But it's just like one of the characters is more important because the GAMERS want a more important character, not because the STORY requires it.

But I guess that's just me.

I love 12. <3

The title "main" is split between

hope, fang, lightning, vanille, snow, and a guy whos name for whatever reason escapes me who has a chocobo living in his hair.

hope, fang, lightning, vanille, snow, and a guy whos name for whatever reason escapes me who has a chocobo living in his hair.

Not really. Just because the game jumps around to focus on other people at times doesn't mean there isn't a main character.

The plot jumps from one person to another. There is NO main.

Sazh.

I quite liked FF13. In fact I can quite honestly say it is my second most favourite FF game after FF8.

The plot jumps from one person to another. There is NO main.

Only until chapter 10. Lightning is quite clearly the main character. This is like saying Frodo isn't the main character of LotR because have the time it's with someone else. The only other person that is possibly important enough to be a main is Vanille. There is more to being a "main character" than time spent.

I always assumed Lightning to be the main character. I mean, her picture was on the box, most of the pre-release shots were of her and she always seems to take charge of the party (even if she isn't in your active fighting group).

Only until chapter 10. Lightning is quite clearly the main character. This is like saying Frodo isn't the main character of LotR because have the time it's with someone else. The only other person that is possibly important enough to be a main is Vanille. There is more to being a "main character" than time spent.

Trust me. There is NO main. I have played it and she is not the main. It jumped from person to person each showing their story. Pretty eaqually balanced minus fang who came in late..

Lightning is the main character. Her face is on the box and she is always the first character listed on information sites and such. That spot is usually reserved for the main character.

Also, many sites, such as finalfantasyxiii.net, list her as the main character. Type Final Fantasy 13 main character into Google and most of the pictures show Lightning.

Yeah well it doesn't work that way. Sure it is possible to see it that wat but in truth it just isn't that way. The story is too diversely spread between the different characters. Just because she is on the cover does not mean she is the main. If square enix says she is the main then who am I to argue but unless they confirm it. Everybody, including me, is just speculating. There really is no conclusive evidence for either theory.

I always thought Lightning was the main...

If she dies, don't you get a gameover, whether anyone else is alive or not? Cause that would make her the main.. She is also recognized as the main, even if she isn't 'officially categorized' as the main.

ACTUALLY it depends on who you are playing as. You can play as multiple people. Hope, Lightning, Vanille, Sezh, Fang, and Snow. It all depends on the leader of the party. If YOU die it is game over.

If square enix says she is the main then who am I to argue but unless they confirm it. Everybody, including me, is just speculating. There really is no conclusive evidence for either theory.

I'd say there is much more evidence for Lightning being the main.

If she wasn't, why would she be the only on the cover? If they were all the same importance, it seems they would ALL be on the cover.

Just because she is on the cover does not mean she is the main. If square enix says she is the main then who am I to argue but unless they confirm it. Everybody, including me, is just speculating. There really is no conclusive evidence for either theory.