Hiei101

Final Fantasy

I didn't actually finish off the sphere grid till after I beat the game the 1st time, then I went back and finished it up. Just cause I didn't realize I was at the end till I was, I'd been playing for something like 8 hrs straight at that point... These games are dangerous that way...

forgive me been about 5 years since I have last played

yea after entering lunatic pendora then you pretty much have thrown down the gauntlet. See if you can make some good magics from the bountiful items you have by now. I know card Mod gives some sick items that can be turned into quakes and ultima's assuming you have those production abilities. It's most likely though that your pretty far into the doom already......Did you at least get doomtrain? hes a half decent hidden GF in which battles of all kinds can become so much easier. The meltdown spell is a good second place to him. I miss this game lol

No Card Mod.

No good items.

No Doomtrain.

I'm so incredibly screwed over that I'm surprised I got as far as I did.

I'm stuck in 8. I think I have to restart the whole game and try to do it better now. >.>

what part in 8 are you stuck on? I've probably beaten the game at least 5 times. I will willingly help you out. As i'm sure others here would and have.

Ok so you don't have a lot (two words, not one) of GF's or good Items. Do you have the high end weapons? Or at least Aura Spells? Also do you have Cerberus? Because if you have Selphie with Aura and you do over enough times your bound to get The End. An Auto-Finish FOR EVERTHING. It is basically an auto-win tool. If you combine Cerberus's Double/Triple you can basically cast a full Aura on the party and spam limits untill your a higher level. And have learned some good abilities. Plus the bosses in Pandora have some of the GF's that you may have missed earlyer on. I don't recall exactly which boss has what but i know for sure that when your fighting Tiamat that you want to use Draw on her. Because you will be able to Draw Eden. The godlyest most OP GF in the game. Your not exactly screwed but you'll be having a tough fight throughout it.

I cannot wait untill March because then FFXIII comes out in North America! I will likely be camping out to get one and a PS3.

BTW what have you guys heard about FFXIV? From what i have heard Square is going with PS3 exclusivly again.

what part in 8 are you stuck on? I've probably beaten the game at least 5 times. I will willingly help you out. As i'm sure others here would and have.

Ok so you don't have a lot (two words, not one) of GF's or good Items. Do you have the high end weapons? Or at least Aura Spells? Also do you have Cerberus? Because if you have Selphie with Aura and you do over enough times your bound to get The End. An Auto-Finish FOR EVERTHING. It is basically an auto-win tool. If you combine Cerberus's Double/Triple you can basically cast a full Aura on the party and spam limits untill your a higher level. And have learned some good abilities. Plus the bosses in Pandora have some of the GF's that you may have missed earlyer on. I don't recall exactly which boss has what but i know for sure that when your fighting Tiamat that you want to use Draw on her. Because you will be able to Draw Eden. The godlyest most OP GF in the game. Your not exactly screwed but you'll be having a tough fight throughout it.

I cannot wait untill March because then FFXIII comes out in North America! I will likely be camping out to get one and a PS3.

BTW what have you guys heard about FFXIV? From what i have heard Square is going with PS3 exclusivly again.

No high end weapons.

I do have Cerberus and Aura.

I can't switch Selphie into my party for some reason though.

Where are these bosses?

Oh yea you can get eden from Tiamat I forgot......I prefer getting it from ulitma weapon thats why

you also need to attempt to piece together Lionhart....as long as you have that you are godly

Edited by Demonshadow88

In FF8 a good place to level before Pandora is the Island Closest to Heaven. I got my entire team to level 100 in just under 6 hours.

Having Odin also helps.

Don't forget you can beat up Cacturs for 20AP each. They run around the desert nearby the orphanage (can't remember what it's called.)

Once you enter it I don't think you can leave.

However, on the last disk you can still visit the world map. You won't be able to enter any of the towns though.

So far, FF7 is my favorite, though it certainly has its rough spots I hope will be smoothed out in the future. The characters are quirky and fun, they have their issues which made them realistic, and Aerith STILL ticks me off now and then. Cid gets points for swearing a lot, and Barret gets double points for successfully pulling off the best Mr. T impression I've ever seen in a game character.

FF10 made me want to slaughter small, cute, innocent creatures. Like kittens. I hate that game so bad, don't even mention. The dork of a main character, the cruddy plotline, and the hideous voice acting made me want to wreak some serious damage! I laughed so hard when Tidus died, tears of mirth started running down my face. It's the only time that game made me happy!

FF12 was much better by far. I actually liked the battle system. It made the gameplay smoother and battles faster, and you didn't have to micromanage every little thing, which can get slow and boring at times. Characters nowhere near as good as other games, though. Balthier was awesome sauce and the only character that wasn't actually bland. The Occuri (sp?) was a bit... random. But I enjoyed it at least. Kept me busy until I could get DMC4. :3

Currently, I'm waiting on FF13. A strong female main character is especially exciting! I just hope they release the darn thing before I'm 50 and hard of hearing...

user posted image

That is all I have to say.

/now really wants to play 8 again. e.e

user posted image

That is all I have to say.

/now really wants to play 8 again. e.e

It..it is a Shiny Squall! Collectors item!

Either that or Squall can trance as well. After all, pink protagonists are nothing new..user posted image

Either way it is awesome.

*Joy* Finally, I have found this board.

I'm more into the playstation titles to tell you the truth, with mah favorite being X, music wise. GO SEYMOUR'S MESSED UP PAST!

*Joy* Finally, I have found this board.

I'm more into the playstation titles to tell you the truth, with mah favorite being X, music wise. GO SEYMOUR'S MESSED UP PAST!

Anima becomes so much creepier once you learn more about Seymour's backstory. And I thought Sephiroth's relationship with his mommy was damaged.

(Actually, severely damaged relationships between parent and child seems to be a very prevalent theme throughout the Final Fantasy games. I wonder if the same person or group of people is responsible for all of the FF plots--it would explain a lot. Even if it wasn't, analyzing why missing or evil or dead parents show up so often would make for a really interesting discussion. Why do you think it happens so often? Personally, I'm going with the theory that whoever's in charge of plots had a very skewed relationship with their parents, but I'm sure there's a better explanation out there.)

Played 9, loved it, never seemed to get around to finishing it. (Zidane FTW!!!)

Tried to play 10 twice, never even got halfway through. I freakin' hated that plot! (I could go into a huge rant about this, but I think I would regret it later.)

I haven't played the game at all, but I want to. I've been surfing the FF wikia lately, and it seems interesting. I want to get FFVII so I can (hopefully) play it on my PS2. I also want Dirge of Cerberus. That looks cool, too.

Dirge of Ceberus is AWESOMESAUCE.

But I'm stuck on the part you're being shot at by snipers. ;.;

1) The same team has been making the FF games for a while now, so there IS some repetition in the themes. You're not imagining it. That's why XIII is exciting, because they've finally got some fresh brains in the mix.

2) NighingaleSwiftwing and Drer'Ahv are now my brain twins for hating FFX as much as I do.

3) Flying telekinetic whales with family problems has to be the WORST antagonist I've ever known. I mean... seriously!?

4) At the Dirge of Cerberus where you're getting hit by snipers; try picking them off from the entryway. They can't shoot you if you're in there, but you can shoot them.

5) I think Vincent was cooler when he wasn't emo. Yeah, I'm one of those rare people that like normal-like characters instead of uber-emo-baggage carriers.

6) I was going to say something else but forgot....

5) I think Vincent was cooler when he wasn't emo. Yeah, I'm one of those rare people that like normal-like characters instead of uber-emo-baggage carriers.

QFT

I've only played X and X-2 and I liked thus, but I want to play all the others too. :3

*high-fives Fortune86*

@Caius: You have had VERY poor fare, my friend. X-2 has a very small following, and for good reasons. To quote a friend of mine, "X-2 left people camping outside the SE building with shotguns demanding their money and 30 hours of their life back.'

Those two games don't compare to the others. Though I'm obviously biased, I still think you came into the series with some of the less fabulous games. I'd say get a hold of FF9 if you can, but FFXII will probably be easier to get. It's actually pretty good, but the battle system is much different than the others, so be warned!

Am I the only one that actually liked the battle system in 12?

*high-fives Fortune86*

@Caius: You have had VERY poor fare, my friend. X-2 has a very small following, and for good reasons. To quote a friend of mine, "X-2 left people camping outside the SE building with shotguns demanding their money and 30 hours of their life back.'

Those two games don't compare to the others. Though I'm obviously biased, I still think you came into the series with some of the less fabulous games. I'd say get a hold of FF9 if you can, but FFXII will probably be easier to get. It's actually pretty good, but the battle system is much different than the others, so be warned!

Am I the only one that actually liked the battle system in 12?

I've heard a bit about it, somwhere... But I don't remember where.

I only came to like final fantasy thanks to my older cousin. She has X (I think she got them all, but I'm not sure), so that's why I bought it, and then I've been trying to get the others too, but when I find them I haven't enough money and the next time I'm there; they're all sold out. /: I hate my bad luck.