Hiei101

Final Fantasy

Oi, that is tough, to be sure, Caius. The only possible help I can give ya is to find a used copy of some of the other games at a GameStop or somewhere. They usually run for 10-15 bucks if they've been out for a while. Of course, I have no idea which corner of the world you inhabit, so prices may vary, but GameStop tends to give a pretty good deal on such things.

And if you STILL can't get ahold of one, then here's what you do:

1) Find a rabbit

2) Knock it out

3) Grab the foot and get a good sharp knife and....

Well. You get the picture. smile.gif

i like final fantasy but.....i love kh(kingdom hearts) both of them have awesome characters!!! like:Sora(kh),Cloud(kh+ff),Leon(KH+FF),Roxas(kh)....etc. xd.png

I loved Final Fantasy XII. I really liked all the characters and the story line. It was the first one I ever played though, so maybe that is why.

3) Flying telekinetic whales with family problems has to be the WORST antagonist I've ever known. I mean... seriously!?

Why is it the worst?

Am I the only one that actually liked the battle system in 12?

Nope, I love it to pieces. I love everything about- licensee points, gambits, Mist, no random encounters, having ANYONE YOU WANT in you party... It's like, the only game were you easily level up all your party members at /almost/ the same time and flee from battles easily, and no have your head hurt from swirling things before the battles, and survive hard bosses by reviving your back up party after you switch to a new party..

It's sweet.

Why is it the worst?

Well, it's a flying whale. With telekinetic powers. And emo-baggage.

I understand that this is fantasy and I wholly support suspension of disbelief. (Heck, I AM a fantasy writer, well on my way to completing and original fantasy novel myself. No, I'm not copying Tolkien.)

But a flying whale? That just goes too far. Make it something dark and evil and HUNGRY not just a whale that flies around and can't be destroyed because of it's whale-ness. It is anything but the intimidating antagonist you expect.

But I do give you credit, though. A shape-shifting alien isn't that great of a monster boss either... even though it never technically made its' own appearance in the game, it still... evil alien. Right.

But of all the worst antagonists out there, I think the one from Eragon has to take the Trope-tastic cake. (Well, the movie at least.)

Nope, I love it to pieces. I love everything about- licensee points, gambits, Mist, no random encounters, having ANYONE YOU WANT in you party... It's like, the only game were you easily level up all your party members at /almost/ the same time and flee from battles easily, and no have your head hurt from swirling things before the battles, and survive hard bosses by reviving your back up party after you switch to a new party..

It's sweet.

Quoted For the Absolute Truth.

Quoted For the Absolute Truth.

Except for typos.

"Flying telekinetic whales with family problems" is an awesome awesome phrase.

Oi, that is tough, to be sure, Caius. The only possible help I can give ya is to find a used copy of some of the other games at a GameStop or somewhere. They usually run for 10-15 bucks if they've been out for a while. Of course, I have no idea which corner of the world you inhabit, so prices may vary, but GameStop tends to give a pretty good deal on such things.

And if you STILL can't get ahold of one, then here's what you do:

1) Find a rabbit

2) Knock it out

3) Grab the foot and get a good sharp knife and....

Well. You get the picture. smile.gif

I can try that. :3

FF13 comes out on March 9 for me. I still have to buy a PS3 yet.

I was gutted to learn they have stopped selling PS2 game compatible PS3s, but I was going to keep my PS2 anyway.

"Flying telekinetic whales with family problems" is an awesome awesome phrase.

Indeed. <3 An awesome phrase, but not so awesome concept for a game.

I can try that. :3

Be sure to wear a thick apron. Don't want the blood getting all over you. And be sure to let it dry out properly and preserve it, or else it will start to rot. It's happened to my cousin before. Not. Pretty.

And yes, it's an absolutely true story.

March 9th seems so far away. sad.gif

*dies* Darn it, I wish I had known how hard Ultima was before traveling through that miserable dungeon. Should have known, but OH WELL I"M LAZY and I was already there.

Didn't even think about the fact I was only level 44/45 before traveling through the stinkin' thing to beat her.

Did you manage to beat her? It must have been a long fight.

Yes, March 9th is a very long time away. At least It'll give me time to finish P3 first happy.gif

Are we talking Ultima, FF12 Ultima? O.O Whoa. Dude, she's level 99. The second hardest thing in the game.

You think that sucks? Try fighting Zodiark! I ACCIDENTALLY stumbled into his lair and I was A QUARTER HEALTH BAR AWAY FROM WINNING!!!. But the dang queue board killed me. >( Stupid queue board. His defenses finally dropped and everyone is just sitting there with their thumbs up their bums doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Infuriating, I tell you!

/rant

I want to see what the gameplay is for FF13. From what I can discern, it's sorta like an action/fighter system. If that's the case, huzzah! All those hours on DMC will really pay off. 8)

Did you manage to beat her? It must have been a long fight.

Yes, March 9th is a very long time away. At least It'll give me time to finish P3 first happy.gif

NOOO way. Maybe later, I'll think I'm going to be the game and then gradually get all the summons and stuff. Except the Zodiark Spear, which I can't get. I'm hoping to get all the summons, all the Sky Pirate den stuff, and all the licenses on all characters. Probably won't try for more than that, I'm already going to hate the game once I finish getting all that.

Lol I didn't go for Yiazmat. |D Zodiark was frustrating, beating Yiazmat must be boring as hell though with the appropriate gambits. It's like fighting the ryng worm ( 8 mil HP) 6 times in a row. tongue.gif

Lol I didn't go for Yiazmat. |D Zodiark was frustrating, beating Yiazmat must be boring as hell though with the appropriate gambits. It's like fighting the ryng worm ( 8 mil HP) 6 times in a row. tongue.gif

I left the team on auto/gambits and sorta fell asleep....

When I woke up, no Yiazmat blink.gif

Augh.

How in the world do people get clips for making FMVs? I can't find any..

Torrents. Torrents fix EVERYTHING.

Elsewise, I just downloaded some cutscenes from Blue Laguna. They have subtitles, though, and it really irritates me. =/

Torrents. Torrents fix EVERYTHING.

Elsewise, I just downloaded some cutscenes from Blue Laguna. They have subtitles, though, and it really irritates me. =/

I finally found Blue Laguna, and got enough. I only wanted older (9) FMVs, so no worries about subtitles. ^^

Why can't YouTube be as simple as PhotoBucket or dA?. x.x

Alright, finally finished it. Pretty fun, maybe I'll make some more.

Edited by Shaddowwarrior

I like the Final Fantasy series and I really like Final Fantasy XII.

I love how they had the espers in the game and how you could someone them.

I thought the quickenings were pretty cool also.

The quickenings were awesome. I never managed to get all the finishing attacks though T-T

Did anyone manage to unlock every trophy in the Sky Pirate's Den?

Edit: Also, does anyone know if there is going to be a guidebook for FF13?

Edited by Fortune86

Did anyone manage to unlock every trophy in the Sky Pirate's Den?

Edit: Also, does anyone know if there is going to be a guidebook for FF13?

I did. My first save clocked in at 212 hours when I finally got Order of Ambrosia and was done with it. I'm about 75% there in my second playthrough. I just wish there were a decent prize for doing so.

As for a guidebook, there's no chance in hell that there won't be one. And it'll most likely be thick enough to kill someone with if you swing it around too carelessly.

I got every one apart from the quickening finales one. I should really replay it sometime.

I really hope there is a guidebook. I've been trawling the net for a while but I can't find one anywhere.