Hiei101

Final Fantasy

I remember a number of years back, I was playing 8 and 9 simultaneously, had reached the very end of the game on both...

... and I lost my memory card.

I never found it after that, even when we remodeled my room roughly a year later, it was absolutely nowhere to be found. I lost everything I had on that card, but losing all the hours I had put into both of those FF games was the worst.

I did eventually take them both up again :v Ha. Once I got over being butthurt about the whole thing xd.png Which took a few years.

Am currently replaying DS FF's though; 3, 4 and A2.

I recantly got the 12th. I hate it.V.V

VAAN IS STUPID!

XII was a little disapointing for me too. Not because of Van, but something I can't quite put my finger on.

I think it might be because about halfway though the game everyone has the same skills and there was no real difference between the characters combat wise.

XII was boring because it took me ages to level up, beat marks, gather rare loot to get epic gear, and so on and so forth. I have about 250 hours of gaming on my save file.

Plus, the last mark, Yiazmat? I was too bored to spend 6 hours of my life to beat his 50 MILLION hitpoints. So I left him thre and just went for the final boss ( which surprisingly enough took me about 10 minutes to beat after having beat every other mark up to that point, including the hell wyrm boss with it's 8 million HPs). I didn't even use an Esper ( of course I had all of them. tongue.gif )

POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR FF XII!!!

But the plot seemed paper thin. "Oh lookies I haz a shinie! I mean, shard!" "Oh noez, shinie is gone! We must go find a new one!" "Yay new shinie!" "Oh noez new shinie must be destroyed!" or something along those lines. I lost track of the shards. tongue.gif

In the end FF XII is about a shiny dethroned princess that becomes a princess again. Yarr. No. This game imho was all about Balthier. And the voice acting, oh man.... *droooools* All the ladies would swoon in front of him. He was suave, and cool, and pretty, and smart and everything a sky pirate should be ( to attract the women like flies tongue.gif). I would have loved to learn more about him - like his Judge years. Or how he and Fran met and got hooked together. But they just left him there. sad.gif

END OF POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Anyway, I have ( and beat ) XII. I also have a X-2 saved file sitting somewhere with my characters at lvl 99 waiting to jump to the final dungeon for the final boss fight but I had not gathered a sphere in the first chapter so I can't unlock the dungeon that gives those mascot uniforms... So without 100% health points increase I didn't even bother going down there - I am not sure if they would make it. Oh well...

I have a VII save file in my computer as well, somewhere at the end of Disc 1, right after Sephiroth meets Aeris. I had to format though and after I lost interest in the game. Might pick it up later at some point.

I also have X and VIII but I haven't played those yet. :3

I managed to beat Yiazmat, but the fight was far too long and very reptitive. If I ever re-play the game (not likely) I'm going to skip fighting him.

Got all of the Espers (that last one was a dosy laugh.gif) but hardly ever used them.

I don't often say this, but I think there was just too much to unlock, especially given what the rewards were. If there had been a secret ending or something, it might have been worth it.

Yeah, a better reward for doing everything in XII would've been nice, or even a new game+ option *imagines having the Tournesol at the beginning* .-.

I was pleased with the amount of sidequests and the like, but much of it was so repetitive that it got old fast. And I don't know what Squeenix was thinking with Yiazmat, except perhaps "What can we add to the game that will be even more tedious than the rest of the annoying parts combined? I know: one more pointlessly long, mercilessly boring, and ridiculously obnoxious hunt!" Even if Yiazmat had, I don't know, changed forms or locations halfway through or something, ANYTHING to spice it up a little, but no... ah well.

I still have to get Crisis Core. I'm working on getting Dissidia first though. *Is hopefull something nice will apear on her birthday*

"The destiny of the world weighs heavily on Cloud's giant sword."

Note the voice inflection. As if he was trying to stop form laughing. Now reread the sentence and try to think why the narrator would be laughing.

That's all I needed to know about Dissidia for me to get it. =D The storyline is EL-OH-EL, but I love the idea of finally pitting some of the characters against each other.

Edited by Drer'Ahv

I was very disappointed that it didn't have a "save game after saving the world!" option as well. sad.gif

And I didn't even bother hunting down all the rare game and getting the ambrosia clan title. Geez. :/

Yeah, a better reward for doing everything in XII would've been nice, or even a new game+ option *imagines having the Tournesol at the beginning* .-.

I was pleased with the amount of sidequests and the like, but much of it was so repetitive that it got old fast. And I don't know what Squeenix was thinking with Yiazmat, except perhaps "What can we add to the game that will be even more tedious than the rest of the annoying parts combined? I know: one more pointlessly long, mercilessly boring, and ridiculously obnoxious hunt!" Even if Yiazmat had, I don't know, changed forms or locations halfway through or something, ANYTHING to spice it up a little, but no... ah well.

I fell asleep during the Yiazmat boss fight. I got bored so I put the team on auto, one healer, one buffer/debuffer & one attacker. I started reading a book and only looking up at the screen now and again and then I woke up to find I had won. laugh.gif

A new game+ would have been fun, but only for the replay value. As I said before, all of my characters had learned all the the skills halfway through the game. I know some people say you don't have to teach everyone every skill, but what is the point of all those skill points otherwise? You still keep getting them even after you've mastered everything.

Yes, I know, double post and all that *hands out apologies and cookies* but I wanted but I want and answer to this question:

In Final Fantasy: Dissidia, what level should your chosen character be at to go through Shade Impulse?

I feel like listing all the ones I own.

8DDDD

Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls

Final Fantasy Origins

Final Fantasy III DS

Final Fantasy IV Advance

Final Fantasy IV DS

Final Fantasy V Advance

Final Fantasy VI Advance

Final Fantasy Anthology

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (I have the limited edition of the original, and Complete on Blue-Ray.)

Dirge of Cerberus -Final Fantasy VII-

Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy X-2

Final Fantasy XII

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales

Dissidia Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Mah favorites are IX, Tactics, XII, VI and V, in that order.

Yeah, BE JEALOUS, BIOTCH.

Edited by AetherWolf

I am a HUGE fan of the Final Fantasy Seris. Probably one of the biggest out there.... My all time favorite is of course, FF7 (It was the game that got me into gaming of course im going to love it!) But 8 was rather enjoyable and regardless of what people say, I liked FF12. I thought it was well done. You wanna start a flame war over it? Go ahead, you'll be fighting a one person war.

8DDDD

Final Fantasy Origins

Final Fantasy III DS

Final Fantasy IV Advance

Final Fantasy IV DS

Final Fantasy V Advance

Final Fantasy VI Advance

Final Fantasy Anthology

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (I have the limited edition of the original, and Complete on Blue-Ray.)

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy X-2

Final Fantasy XII

Dissidia Final Fantasy

That's a lot of Fantasy... blink.gif

CRISIS CORE is awesome!!!!! Genesis pwns everybody!!!

ADVENT CHILDREN comes in after that ^^ One Winged Angel sounds so cool in the movie!!!

8DDDD

Final Fantasy Origins

Final Fantasy III DS

Final Fantasy IV Advance

Final Fantasy IV DS

Final Fantasy V Advance

Final Fantasy VI Advance

Final Fantasy Anthology

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy X-2

Final Fantasy XII

Dissidia Final Fantasy

*jealous*

Wow, someone else who loves IX and XII. Haven't played the other three yet...

8DDDD

Final Fantasy Origins

Final Fantasy III DS

Final Fantasy IV Advance

Final Fantasy IV DS

Final Fantasy V Advance

Final Fantasy VI Advance

Final Fantasy Anthology

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy X-2

Final Fantasy XII

Dissidia Final Fantasy

all but Dissida, you beat me by one.

actually, no you don't. while I may not have dissida I do have the original tactics game.

I own:

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy X-2

Final Fantasy XI

Final Fantasy XII

I've played some of 7 and 8 as well, but wasn't so keen on them.. My overall favourite is 9 though, and I absolutely love 11, the online game! I've been playing it for 5 years now and I'm still not bored tongue.gif I'm looking forward to 13 and the new online game, 14 :3

CRISIS CORE is awesome!!!!! Genesis pwns everybody!!!

ADVENT CHILDREN comes in after that ^^ One Winged Angel sounds so cool in the movie!!!

Eh, Genesis annoyed me. All he was to me was the average fanboy; the only difference was that he had a sword.

Then again, Sephiroth over there, World's No.1 Biggest Fan of his own mother...

FFXI was a big success. in Japanese copes sold are in the millions. and in America the sales are just as high.

it has a few issues, but overall the game is good. I just can't afford to play it or i would.

I finally got to start playing blitzball in my current FFX save, I missed it SO much. I've played about 30 games so far just for fun, not even trying to get Wakka's other overdrives yet. My undefeated streak continues!