Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

user posted image

5 May, 1944

There are a lot of hatchlings here who have parents. But... I don't. Why? The hatchlings with parents always get visits from them, but the hatchlings who don't only have one another. Well, sometimes this Alternate Black (like me) named Alternattiva comes in and stays with us for a while. She's really nice, at least.

And another thing, my name. My full name is "Billington E2-Class 0-6-0T". I have no idea what that means. Because it's long and confusing, others call me "Six" or "E2". I don't really blame them....

-Billington E2-Class 0-6-0T

----------

Don't kill me! I just... have a complicated childhood. Pfffft... no I don't. I'm just a weirdo. You can find out what the name means with an easy Google search... or if you already know, points4u! And if you know WHY, extra points, and a proud feeling that you're probably just as lame as me. ;D

5, May, 2013

I'm writing this report today due to the business and inablitiy to do so before for so very long. It seems it has been at least three years since I have last written a report officially, though that has never meant that any job has been neglected. Now that the previous civil war is officially over between the black dragons and the rest of the cave, I can resume the reports as freely as possible. Hopefully not in secret like before to which much of those never are going to be released to the books.

There has been a rather recent influx of more dragons showing up as our caretaker has been able to adopt more and more. This isn't particularly new, persay, though there was a quiet two weeks of barely any dragons being picked up. So to see the common 'every day' new face show up again is refreshing. It also gives us Guardians more jobs to do but she has slowly begun to increase our numbers as well.

What's more astonishing is the increase in gifting the produced eggs have gone to be part of. Now's not to say any of the Cave mind this -we're always happy to know any egg goes to a good home- but the change from very few breeding oportunities and gifting to breeding almost every week has surprised many. I suppose this goes to say that our caretaker has finially decided to postpone the personal breeding project she had going on -that had been on hold for almost four years anyway- and randomly gift anyone out there who would choose to accept the eggs or hatchlings. She hasn't been keeping many of the eggs she picks up, instead caring for them for a little while before sending them off. It is both refreshing and saddening to see those faces go, though they go to good homes.

Our caretaker's recent change in status has also caused somewhat of a stir in our Cave. Nearly every dragon was excited, save for the elusive Cye Zale, of whom we could not find during that day we learned of the change. This hasn't necessarily caused a huge impact on our part, though we strive to do as much of a helpful job as we can inside the Cave itself so our caretaker will not have to worry about cleaning it too much. She has more jobs to fill now, so I see that we -as her dragonclan- do to.

~Guadian Ryuu

Ayedura has been working her tail off taking care of eggs lately. The massive influx of abandoned eggs frightened us at first, but there seems to have been no cause for worry. We've been watching, and it seems there are more than enough caretakers to watch over the eggs so none ever get too close to death. A few have even been lucky enough to hatch and grow up wild, despite being abandoned.

Skywinder tells us that he's seen some strange dragons from far away traveling closer to the biomes here. Many of them, in fact. Perhaps we will see some new faces and new eggs soon?

Tail and Horn

Journal of Sun Devil the Ruthless

Everything is coming together mostly to plan. The main dragons may scoff at the inbreeding of my clan, but even the wizard who oversees us has taken in inbreds that are otherwise not allowed here. The new inbred is a thuwed however, and they get special treatment anyways.

Moon Flower has been restless lately. Several of our eggs have been bitten by the vampires, as sort of a peace offering. She's been distraught as it has been all of the sunstone eggs. Considering that our first born was also a sunstone and had to be frozen after his first hunt. She's always been a bit frail, but her beauty over whelmed me, I had to take her as my mate.

I'll write more later.

Dairy:

Clouds of butterflies. Everywhere. These things that are supposed to be dragons are chasing them all over the place, and crashing into everything. One of them even dared to bash into me, then rushed off without an apology! How rude of it. Anyway I said supposed to be, but to my mind, they look like nothing more than fat little cats. Dragons should act like dragons, that's what I say.

Oh, all the noise at the moment. The smells, the endless calls of thousands of hatchlings begging ceaselessly to be fed. I can't stand it! I must have peace and quiet at all times!

~ Australis Orensis ~

Dear journal:

Heh heh. Oh dear, Australis does seem a bit upset at the moment, doesn't she? Maybe it's because her tail got torn to shreds by one of those horse-dragon-like-but-not-quite hatchlings. Mind you, she deserved it. The way she's been carrying on lately...

Won't sign this, just in case she finds it.

Dear Journal,

My goodness, the rush to catch these newly discovered dragon species has been exhausting! How amazing that Lord TJ knew that six new species would be found this week! At this rate, the incubators will be full until the beginning of June.

Indeed, it is rather difficult finding eggs with the caves packed with so many other trainers and their dragons, but fortunately, Auster and Sapphiro have been helping me grab them. While I have the advantage of agility and flight, Sapphiro simply lumbers past the trainers and blocks them from viewing the nest with his crystal wings. I do say, this method does seem rather unfair to the others! But Auster certainly doesn't complain!

Auster and I have been spending much of our time in the village recently, especially at the News stand. Lord TJ has been posting updates on his observations of his own new dragons, all of whom he has used magic on so they shall mature earlier than others. Lord TJ predicted the discoveries of the new dragons a few weeks prior to them being seen in the cave, so Auster and I had been collecting Red dragons like mad to help us with incubating the eggs.

Regards,

Izar the Magnificent

Journal~

My week has been a busy one. Tailguum is still at peace, a much needed one after the Invaders came. We have received some valuable assets to the cave, and they are currently residing in the royal cave with myself. My royal guard, who happens to be a mated couple, are leaving to visit the father's elderly mother. I have adopted a few hellfire wyverns to take their place, but their constant bickering is quite a pain. Magistrates from our allies have been flitting in and out, leaving the rest of the kingdom exited and rushing about faster than before. But enough about the country.My personal life happens to be quiet, but lonesome. I am seeking to mend that.

~ Rougina, the Empress of Tailguum

Journal-

This clan has only just been established and already we have hatchlings jumping around. Pyress is having trouble keeping them from disturbing the three eggs that aren't ready to be exposed to others yet. Garde has been entertaining the young hatchlings with legendary tales of combat and glory and honor... Except for that one drakeling. I believe it is an Ochredrake, so we cannot do much with it. Perhaps when it matures, we can give it a territory of its own on clan land that is away from our cliff-lair. ...perhaps. Make a drake reserve so we don't have to deal with the little pseudo dragons. Ugh.

- Albinessa, Alpha of the Etymil Clan

Dear Journal,

There has been a change to the lineaged dragon's pedigrees. For the 5th gen and up, the first gen's pictures have been stretched out. A lot of dragon keepers have rioted over this change, but Phantom does agree with the few who accept it that it looks better than before. Many of the Magmas and Reds have forged weapons and armor just in case some the rioters reach our cave, but Phantom says its unlikely.

In other news, the Wine portion of a personal project Phantom has been working on has gotten a new 2nd gen balloon egg. Hopefully, the balloon will successfully perform the mating ritual with the 2nd gen vine and produce an egg.

Lucky Star Yuurei

Journal,

Upon consideration, I decided to make myself a daughter. Thanks to my... Unfortunate condition of being dead, I chose very simply. I arranged for an abandoned egg to be brought to me, and converted it. Opiria was born in this way. She will be taught by me to assist in my plans against the clan... However, I must remain certain that Albinessa and that blasted Garde do not find out. My progenitor, whom I doubt I shall meet, would most certainly proud of my plans. ...If only I could remain absolutely certain... The pygmies are useful guards, even if they do not realize they are guards. I hope they stay... For my work must not remain unfinished.

-Opiris Jewel

*shortly after this page was revealed and read by the Mage assisting the clan, it mysteriously burned... The Mage is most certainly worried*

Dear Journal,

It has been just hours since I first hatched. The cave is pretty boring, but I guess that's because the other eggs haven't hatched yet. After I hatched, I was also given a name,"Cbet." I guess it means "Light" in a different language. I dont really like it, but who am I to complain? Abandon at birth, I was condemned to die...but I didn't. Instead I was saved, and brought into this very cave.

I have been hearing news, or gossip, if that's what you like to call it. The dragons that sometimes hang outside of my cave are talking of a new species found! A dragon with two heads! I'm still debating if it's true or not, so I have decided, as soon as I grow my wings, I will try to find this new species myself.

I dont know why, but I keep thinking of those eggs at the back of the cave, the ones I mentioned earlier. They sure are weird! All three are a blue color, but one is very tiny. Another has weird markings on it, and the other is sitting in water! However, I cannot see the forth, for it is hidden in fog. I wonder what kind of dragons they will be? I dont know much about dragons, but I dont think they will look like me.

That's all for now!

-Cbet

here is a paper my geode hatchling wrote!

dear diary,

i recently hatched! the world is intresting,and i often go outside to play.i'm sorta bulky though,so i can't jump high.the others say i'm a rare,though!

i also live along with 3 other hatchlings.one is nearly as bulky as me,one is really tiny,and one is really agrresive and charges alot.png.i wonder what kinds of dragons they are.we live in a few groups,and there's a white dragon that calls herself "preist white". she is obiously a preist of some kind!

sighned, unnamed geode hatchling

Dear Journal,

I only hatched four days ago. The world is very interesting! There is one other hatchling in the clan, she is nameless. The clan has many dragons, and I of course have my favourites. I really like the swimming dragon, Ocean Wish. He is very kind and lets me watch him swim through the waters. Ilgro is also nice, but a little stuck-up. I hope to meet many new dragons!

~ Junebugs

Dear Journal,

Never have I seen such an influx of Seawyrm Pygmies in the bay. There must be hundreds of them, with more coming in by the day. What has brought them here? There are rumors that the pygmies have tired of their small voice in Council matters and may be trying to amass a greater presence in the Clan. But still, why so many of the sea-bound ones? Do we have better-tasting plankton than anywhere else or something?

Regardless of the unnerving presence of the Seawyrms, work carries on with the usual projects: the community garden, under Felicity's gentle care, flourishes and is yielding much goodness in this harvest time; the cavern project, as we dig further and further into the mountains to make more room for our growing family and growing hoards; and the island exploration program, as we determine whether the nearby island (currently dubbed, not too creatively, Dragon Island, and which I will be making a motion to change as soon as possible) is habitable and whether a portion of our clan should move to prevent overpopulating the area we currently have. They say a legendary Guardian of Nature has been spotted there - perhaps the product of our constant Summoning? We did suspect that we had success some months ago, but could not be certain.

Such a boom of babies we've been having! Wuffle has been particularly dedicated to them of late, though Butter has taken to giving care to them of late. Those two could likely be considered the primary caregivers to our little ones. I am grateful to them, though Butter's playfulness is sure to annoy the teachers among us who are hoping to give classes when it's still fun time in Butter's mind. So many babies, so many new dragons. The world has been changing in such strange ways...

I must go attend to some duties - there has been a spat between the Blacks and the Grays, again, and the Council has agreed to sort it out.

Sincerely,

Jadis Futterwacken

Edited by LibbyLishly

Dear journal,

Something amazing has happen! Two new dragon have been discovered! The odd thing is one of them was already full grown, the other is still an egg. Jsward322, or Alaska as she is know in our group of dragons, Has let the dragon and egg join! I bet NocU,Turpentine, and Moltres are exited for the new egg to hatch.

I must go, I'm being called for.

~|~Ember-Aria

Well, diary, today was an interesting day!

Not much happened other than a failed breeding attempt. Hapax's Tension wanted to breed with Fascia's Power, but she would have nothing to do with him! He took the best part of the day 'wooing' I guess, but then around mid-afternooon time, she told him off! She whirled and lunged at him, but he evaded (barely). She nipped, but he twisted out of the way. Some of the other dragons, namely 7th Kantele, circled around the entrance of the cave to watch the spectacle Tension was making out of himself. Power was obviously the more powerful, but he was persistent. He finally gave up all hope of breeding with her when she ripped a good-sized chunk of off his shoulder. He's still healing, and it's been almost five days! Man, that was a sight to behold.... the Earthquake chasing off the Electric. There was quite the weather out there, too. I guess that Power's anxiety and Tension's desire added together caused the whirlwind lightning storm we had that day.

Needless to say, Tension won't be bothering Power any more. And what a relief. He was always moaning over the fact that he 'loved' Fascia's Power, and all of the other males better not get too close to her because he was going to get her. Yeah, you get the picture.

Well, better get back to my guardian duties. Being posted outside the cave to protect the eggs, hatchies, and some females isn't all bad. I like it.

Anyways, I'll write later,

~3rd Facetiae

Oh my! Such wonderful news has come to the Lunar-Celestial Clan! Two eggs have hatched, two more have been found, and Moltres has A few days until he's an adult! He even got to suggest a name to one hatching! It's an ice dragon so he named it articuno. Hmm odd name ,but anywho, The other hatching is Named Lunar Republic. Jsward and Fame picked that name. I'll keep you updated!

-Endyr Serifi

----------

Dear journal,

It's me Turpentine! But you can call me Turp. It's sad I can't grow up. I don't know why I can't, but oh well! Anyway. I have a job know! It's a fairly easy one.. I get to watch the eggs! Yay! Two have hatched today. Jsward came back with two other eggs for me to watch. But, I'm having soooooooo much fun! Well back to work!

*^* Turpentine wonders aka Turp

We are

happy to find this thing

We found a

charcoal

laying discarded. We used paper. Tempted to write on Paper dragons, but Athalas said it was cruel.

We have sometimes taken books, yes. We can read. Yes.

Writing is hard

not always agree

but we are sure we will adjust

eventually.

All the good stories in the books begin with a setting. So we shall give a setting.

Yes. That is good.

We are many.

History says that this world existed since long ago, but humans yet had not come here until the last thousand years. We mean truly here. They came across the sea. History could of course be wrong.

Most of the humans are simple fools

they are not fools, they are folk

who live in their villages and work the honest life. It is a hard life with much hunger. It is not always good.

But there are the ones who are different. Many women, but they dress themselves the way men do. Young, strong, proud, bold. They have unusual garb and seem to appear

and disappear

at will. They also seem

not to be harmed. It is strange. We think they may be magicians.

Yes. We have seen them casting spells that keep a dragon frozen in time. But the main clue is they are not afraid of Wild Dragons. Which means they are either powerful, or stupid.

Or both. Likely both.

There was one a long time ago who began to take abandoned eggs. That is where the oldest squadrons come from. Now there are many. Many. It begins to be exciting.

Of the

[ The entry stops there, as if the writer got distracted. ]

We found this thing again.

Times have grown

as have the squadrons

they have grown troubled. Evil is in the works.

It is best now to explain

Yes we will explain

We will tell all about the squadrons.

As was said, we are many. We all have seen the lone stranger.

Who takes the eggs.

She gives the eggs.

She is confusing and stays rarely. But she is our only common link. For we are many.

It is rumored that once they all lived together. But now it is not so. Squadrons began to form as more and more were gathered. They dispersed and now live in many regions.

We shall tell of them, yes, for it is important.

We shall start with location

with age

with groups

with LOCATION

and groups

yes

Each squadron has an Alpha leader. The ideal is to have Male and Female. Not all squadrons have this.

Some squadrons are connected by history, yes. It is hard to know where to begin.

Pisces should be last.

This is true.

We start then the furthest away?

The Volcano, yes.

Are there any squadrons in the Volcano?

We do not know.

There are many dragons in the Volcano. Many are Magma, and some are Royal Crimson. But most are Red. They do not seem to have a squadron proper. They merely live in the same area. There are some Stone there as well.

It is best to start with the Desert. We shall start over.

The Desert is mostly unknown

for there are many aggressive ones there. There are rumors now of

a terrible serpent

crueler than even they. But there is no sign

as there is for Pisces.

Then the Volcano, yes. That is where many of those of the earth, stone, and fire live. Perhaps one day a Magma shall become Alpha. It is unlikely, for there are many Reds.

The closest then

is the Mountains. That is where we are. There are many.

We ourselves see the many groups. We do not have an Alpha, so we are not part of a squadron. There are, however, many here.

The furthest removed could not be more strange. They are led, we think, by Azzie.

Yes.

She is Arsani. She has gathered many of great magic. They are as the humans call "Valentines". There are also strange ones that are called "Tinsels". We think also she might command the Magis. We do not know. They are seldom seen.

We believe she will gather more to her number.

It is said that the center of their secret system of caverns is home to a single tree. So tiny! But magical. It seems strange.

[At this point, there are many drawings and diagrams, all of which have been crossed out. The next entry seems far more orderly.]

—None

Spitfire

Brimstone

Green

Bleeding Moons

Seragamma Wyverns

Hellfire Wyverns

Flamingo Wyverns

There is a swath of territory that stretches from the edge of the desert, to a volcano, up a mountain ridge, and down to the sea. The ones here are very aggressive. They do not have squadrons.

—None

Magma

Red

Royal Crimson

Brimstone

Within the volcanoes there are many dragons that live together. They do not have squadrons.

—Azzie (Alpha Female)

Arsani

Tinsel

Magi?

Valentine

Sweetling

Moonstone

They live in the mountains. It is said they also guard a magical little tree.

—I Am the Niiiiiight (Alpha Male)

Dorsal

Ridgewing

They live in the mountains, close to Azzie's squadron. The Dorsals frequently travel to the forests.

—Cyssil (Alpha Female)

Ice

Pillow

Winter

They live atop the mountains. Little is known, for they are harsh and cold. It is strange the squadron has included Pillows.

—Klohrine (Alpha Male) , Maid of the Night (Alpha Female)

Sunrise

Sunset

Nebula

Sunsong

They live in the mountains. The Nocturnes used to be with them until they formed their own squadron.

—Day Writer (Alpha Female)

Daydream

Skywing

They fly in the sky. They get along well with Klohrine's squadron.

Sunrise

Sunset

Nebula

Sunsong

They live in the mountains. The Nocturnes used to be with them until they formed their own squadron.

—Night Writer (Alpha Female) , Nocturnal Writer (Alpha Male)

Nocturnes

They live in the mountains. We do not know much else.

—Lady Celestial (Alpha Female)

Pinks

Purples

They live in the mountains, near the plateaus. Lady Celestial is one of the eldest and the last of her kind.

Sunrise

Sunset

Nebula

Sunsong

[The entry stops there, as if the writer had gotten distracted or bored.]

10/7/13

Up here, I can see a whole lot of problems popping up. Someone just killed an egg. The one that looked promising, too. I could see the poor darling itching to hatch. A few new babies hatched, and my friend Goldeeniade finally grew up! She's a Gold Dragon! Wow! One of the hatchlings, though.... he didn't look well. I think his nickname was Azul or Azure or something. The poor thing. I keep getting these chills- I don't know if it's the weather cooling down up here or that stupid Skywing Freeziao just blowing around and making me freeze. I hope Fieri comes home soon..... he's been gone for ages. I'm actually starting to miss him. I don't know......

Edited by RiverstarOfSkyclan

We found

this thing

again.

It is time to tell of

the monsters, yes

Yes, it is time.

We wanted to tell before, but it was so hard

to remember. There was so much to say about

the others. Gossip, perhaps, but entertaining. Did you know, for instance, that the Alpha Female for the Shimmers and Deep Seas is mate to the Alpha Male of the Thunders? And that the Thunders are joined by the Greys? Or that the Alpha Female of the Whites has chosen to look after the Cheese and Papers, but that the Soulpeaces are not with them because they are with the Golds and Silvers?

But perhaps

Yes it is time to talk of them.

The little human mage

who is always meddling about in the background

She is joined by a Whiptail who helps her thieve. She seems to set up squadrons artificially, and then bring new eggs to them once settled. Sometimes she is stupid. We saw her once carry a Vine hatchling. She was very torn up by it and in much pain. For all their power, they are still squishy.

The point is that we know

she has spoken with others about taking eggs

and forming a new squadron. They are the creatures of the night, the day of demons.

But there is worse news than that, yes, and we must talk about that. For we have been trying to say it for a long time.

There is a Squadron of Vampire dragons. They are

most cruel

and evil

and are led by

the one named for

a Hound of the Eternal Torture.

They sometimes steal

eggs and young ones

to eat. But this is

worse.

Yes.

Worse.

We know now that they intend

to perform the black arts. For Vampires

do not suffer the living. Not for long. No.

They mean to make and wake the dead.

But the mage, yes, she is clever. She has placed wards on their woods so they cannot escape. They have taken some Cheeses and Papers hostage, but they are not truly living, so they tolerate them. They gather more Vampires, but they are not living either. The squadron will either be forced to abandon their evil dreams

or to turn on themselves

for use as fodder of their dark ways.

Perhaps we shall speak more of the others later, yes.

The eleventh of October

I'm glad to see that the family is growing. I was ecstatic when I heard that my sister Azuello had laid an egg, and that other humans wanted her eggs too. She even said one wanted one of mine! I was beyond happy when I heard. Once Azuaco can breed again, I'll be able to breed with him to give the human their desired egg. For now, I'm taking care of the little Serf egg. I think his name will be Azuimikua. It sounds really unique. I hope that everything continues to go well in the family.

Edited by RiverstarOfSkyclan

October the 11th

Things are taking far too long to get going in the family. We need eggs- but we need to wait a week in between eggs. A week! This might take a while until we get moving. I just hope our eggs grow up and the distant relatives get going, because we'll need it.

It is

most terrible,

yes.

When the Vampire Alpha learned of the ward, he was enraged. He sent out the Cheese he had taken captive

and

they took away many hatchlings. Not enough are

Vampires.

Today something must have gone wrong,

for there was a great screaming from the woods where they dwell, and

some of the Vampires escaped in a rage, tearing through

the forest

and travelling far, attacking any Male they saw in sight.

We have asked the Magi, who see far, about this. They said they do not know.

We think it may have been that when the squadron required adults for the magic, they rebelled against their leader, such chaos arising from the row as they fled that the barrier could not contain them.

The barrier has been reinforced and the Vampires returned within it. We feel sorry for the terror. But the mage assures us it will not happen again.

The Squadron leader of the Whites frets otherwise, for five Cheeses and Papers were taken in the attack, and a little one was crushed first. She is

seeking sanctuary with the Coppers

for the rest.

Us, the children, are hiding under a large rock as our parents, uncles, cousins, friends, ect guard the opening to the cave.

Apparently, a gang of Electrics is flying outside, and they've already taken Zyna to the great beyond, wherever that is.

I don't get why we're hiding, why can't we just go out there and fight them?

-Orange Splash