TJ09

2024-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 18th Birthday!

I'm absolutely loving the Zarafauris

Love the Zarafauris big ears!!!

Posted (edited)

Woohoo adults!!

The event has been very fun, I love the theme! Caihongs are suuuch lovely colours, and have such great breeding potential. Archelonians are probably my favourite of the group because TURTLE DRAGON YAY FINALLY. I've been hoping we'd get one of these some day and I'm so glad they didn't disappoint, surpassed my hopes even. The Chaliuba have a great pose, are nicely fearsome, and I adore their lore of being noisy. Thousand Wish are so long I love it, and I'm thankful they have an easy to remember name xD, really like their shiny scales. I love the body type of Zarafauri, they also have great shiny scales and their swirly manes are great.

Thanks to Sky, Spatio, Munin, Pied, Haze, Birdz, Doha, Odeen and Kit. Brilliant release!

Edited by Murkydepths

21 hours ago, schenanigans said:

I liek turtle

thank u schen very cool

This release was absolutely incredible. Thank you so much to each of the artists that came together to give us these five amazing breeds. The Caihong and Archelonians are my top two picks - but it was admittedly so hard to choose. I can't wait to make lineages for all of them.

I was a bit disappointed that there was no mechanic or QoL update to the game this year. I'm hoping for something soon! I've been looking forward to it for quite a while now.

Posted (edited)

I don’t have any adults yet, but some of the gendered hatchlings are just so amazing that I’m gonna have to aquire some specifically for freezing. 
im almost tempted to do it now, but I don’t want my first dragons of a breed to not reach their full potential maturity 🐉 ❤️ 

Edited by CandraCat

Posted (edited)

Eclipse sonatas are arrival (markat) and want to join the party!

suggestion:

If you don't want to get wrong colour, don't breed until the market become silver only (although last time has a out of sync case between cave and market, but it's still a safety method)

Edited by D-wing

I'm getting adults! No special BSA/mechanic in sight (which is a GOOD thing IMO!).

All the adults are very beautiful, but my favorites are the Archelonian and Thousand Wish dragons. They're super cool, very unique, but still manage to be "simple" enough for me (and my simple brain ^^).

Plus their lineage tiles are nice, and wouldn't you know, they look good with Terraes! :D

Although I was disappointed that there was no site update this year, I've enjoyed this easy, stress-free release immensely! Thank you TJ and all the amazingly talented spriters, writers and conceptors who were involved in this! ❤

4 hours ago, CandraCat said:

I don’t have any adults yet, but some of the gendered hatchlings are just so amazing that I’m gonna have to aquire some specifically for freezing. 
im almost tempted to do it now, but I don’t want my first dragons of a breed to not reach their full potential maturity 🐉 ❤️ 

I BREED when I want to freeze something. Not wasting a CB on that.

I can't believe I forgot the birthday release, gah! These all look gorgeous! Thank you so much spriters! ❤️

Still easy to catch !

Posted (edited)

Chaliubas are wyverns!?

Archelonians were already a stretch, but I kind of can see those broader forelimbs as wings.

Chaliuba's encyclopedia page should be fixed.

Edited by Seejey

I just want to saw how beautiful and amazing these dragons are. The detail is just insane and I love the theme! It brought me back to certain series like Persona 3 where you could have the four legendary creatures fuse together to become the dragon, and also in Inuyasha from the 4th movie. Yu Yu Hakusho as well with the 4 Saint Beasts. 

Thank you, TJ, mods, artists and everyone who make this cite possible. And happy Birthday to Dragon Cave! Here's to many more years to come!

200w.gif.9298d302f26a92d880bdc40df1ab9d3c.gif

I don’t understand the AP sometimes. I’m not the greatest math student, but I’m pretty sure 5.21 eggs would have about a day left on them. Why are we on 5.22? 

7 minutes ago, Talisraye said:

I don’t understand the AP sometimes. I’m not the greatest math student, but I’m pretty sure 5.21 eggs would have about a day left on them. Why are we on 5.22? 

When eggs were laid on 5/22, they had 7 days on them. 5/22 was 4 days ago, so they have about 3 days left on them now.

As to why there are no more eggs from 5/21 on the AP, people have already taken all of them, so the eggs from 5/22 are the oldest ones remaining.

Neither of these seem correct for the morphology, especially for the tiger one.

Screenshot 2024-05-26 at 10.41.01 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-26 at 10.41.12 AM.png

42 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

Neither of these seem correct for the morphology, especially for the tiger one.

Screenshot 2024-05-26 at 10.41.01 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-26 at 10.41.12 AM.png

I was wondering more for the Archelonian

Posted (edited)

I'm done... Whew!!!

It took awhile, but my first adults have matured and the rest of my Birthday Dragons are working on it...

Thank you again, TJ and Spriters...

(I do have an interesting code on one of my Chaliuba's tho, lol} 

Edited by Husky51

Posted (edited)

Officially bred my first adult new release dragon, Thousand Wish x Amarignis (love this pair, and they liked each other, yay~) Planning to try more holiday lineages while the holiday events are still far away, maybe a few PB pairs later. edity- got Fenghuo x Zarafauri now~

Edited by bord

I missed it again!  This sucks!!!   😭

Just now, Vic said:

I missed it again!  This sucks!!!   😭

there's still a TON of the NR eggs in the cave, you didnt miss it at all!

Aye, thanks spriters and all and Dragon Cave for this lovely birthday release. Beautiful and plenty! And I love the idea of it all - me being a Meitantei Conan fan I'm immediately reminded of the episode where Kaito Kid stole the Kirin and made the Shonen Tantei represent the Beasts to open a fancy security gimmic... They're all my favorites - from eggs to hatchies to adults - if I think "I love this one the best" then I scroll down to the next and think, "no, this one"... and round again. Arigatou gozaimasu!

On 5/26/2024 at 11:37 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

@spatio @hazeh @PiedPipecleaner - can you please clarify ?

Archelonians are indeed just water-type wyverns ;)

Gots four limbs, front ones is (flightless) wingies

On 5/26/2024 at 5:37 AM, KakashiMorph said:

I can't believe I forgot the birthday release, gah! These all look gorgeous! Thank you so much spriters! ❤️

I have forgotten in years past.  Which is why I put multiple reminders on my calendar, days leading up to it to make sure I have open slots, and days after in case I got distracted.