purplehaze

20-Week Breeding Challenge: 2024 -- The Challenge has begun!

I HAVE to work out the breeding on those.....

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I think that lineage would be more appropriate for a personal project. It is intriguing but I think a bit complicated for this particular project.

Ah, fair. Then I'll go with my original rainbow idea

I have been trying all day (off and on) to nab a Purple egg from the Cave and nothing yet. :blink: I wonder if having so many breeds is making it more difficult to nab a particular breed?

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I have been trying all day (off and on) to nab a Purple egg from the Cave and nothing yet. :blink: I wonder if having so many breeds is making it more difficult to nab a particular breed?

Yeah, I gave up quickly and bought one from the Market.  I'm also doing Purples (with Kingcrownes).  What's your plan?

Edited by Frej_the_Gold

After hunting for a while, finally I got the breed I needed :D And just as I was starting to consider buying this one as well.

I've been seeing lots of Purples today while hunting for my egg, tho. I guess the cave is just being mean with what breeds it shows to whom lol

I finally nabbed one! 

@Frej_the_Gold, I believe my loosely concocted plan is a Purple spiral that alternates with various holiday dragons. 

6 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I finally nabbed one! 

@Frej_the_Gold, I believe my loosely concocted plan is a Purple spiral that alternates with various holiday dragons. 

Sounds nice, can't wait to see it!

1 minute ago, Frej_the_Gold said:

Sounds nice, can't wait to see it!

I'm thinking I mught narrow it to Valentine's mates only; we'll see how it goes! 

11 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

I grabbed my starter as well! My lineage plan has been updated and I am going to do another spiral, this time with pygmies. I'm hoping for a rainbow of colors on the outside. 

Did you read my mind? :huh:

Orignally thought of a spiral with Deltas and Halloweens but didn't turn out as nicely as I thought. So I played around with some ideas the last weeks. Decided this weekend that I want to go for a rainbow stair with Deltas and CB Pymies. Now that you were faster and I don't want to do a dublicate, I have to change my plan XD

Luckily I have an alternative: B)

based on my first 20-week-lineage (rainbow stair with males Cloudplumes) I will now do a stair with female Deltas and rainbow coloured common mates (glad I saved the viewer image I made three or four weeks before).

Will add the starter dragon and my lineage plans to my original post once I get home this evening :)

I did that - even made an arrow - for the hell of it (pygmy rainbow but not in rainbow order)

https://dragcave.net/lineage/eqZHH 

I need to do it again now, as it is missing newer breeds....

Posted (edited)

I love that, Fuzz, and it's far more interesting than a single stair or spiral which, to my eyes (dare I voice this aloud in here?), are actually rather ugly once they get so large that you have to start scrolling the page to see them.  I ended up with 5 potential starter eggs yesterday, 2 Mistra and 3 Oracles and now I'm in a complete quandary over which one to use and which way to influence.  After seeing your arrow, I think I'll create two opposing pairs and see what happens . . .

Edited by LadyMadonna

Sure - but they are really the only way to have an ongoing thing like the 20 weeks thing.

It took AGES AND AGES - I forget when I started it, but.... OMG - 2018. Three years !

Whoops, I'm a day behind already! *runs to get an egg today*

Though, maybe I'll also creep the AP for a Sunday undine as well. XD

Here's my starter - it has been influenced and incubated.  :D  My plan is to have a stair of male guardians with cb female reds, but in the case that they throw a red offspring, it'll be influenced male and bred with a female guardian to maintain the stair.  

Oh wow, I forgot that incubating was a thing. I think I'll do the same XD

I've been unsuccessful in trying to trade for a May 5th undine, so I think I'm putting my starter hopes on this little white I was able to grab on May 6. It will hatch tonight, and the way it genders will determine the direction of the stair. I thought about changing my idea to an AP May 5th egg, but I really want to play with hybrids so I think I'm just going to stick with my original idea and try to make up some ground during breeding. So excited to see how this all starts to shape up! 

20 minutes ago, RelishInAJar said:

Is it too late to join? 

No, not at all. :) Please do.