purplehaze

20-Week Breeding Challenge: 2024 -- The Challenge has begun!

Starter obtained for real this time, adding him to my post

Got mine too - so definitely going with two headed.

And now to consider whether I worry about which breed I get (plan is to do them in sequence by breed, and then start over.) So if my hooky gives me another hooky with his - just a sec - Magnesium wife and then that hooky also gives me a hooky with his Nexus partner .... I think - I don't care ! As long as each pair includes the next breed on my list.

That doesn't show a lineage....

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That doesn't show a lineage....

Huh, whoops. Changed the link, it should work now

Posted (edited)

Starter obtained! Need to remember to influence them correctly once my Pink hatchling grows up. I'll name them and the mate once bred successfully – don't want to commit to a pairing only to find they hate each other. My whole simple staircase idea has turned into a lyrical wave....

Edited by Gosling

Posted (edited)

10 a.m. cave time, finally got mine! :)

Ooh, and his mate immediately after! :D

Edited by Lagie
Updating

For some reason I really had it in my head that I wanted to catch a nebula today for my starter, but after snagging a black in my usual "grab eggs before bed on Saturday night for shards" I realized I didn't have to do that, I can use a cb nebula I already have with the fresh egg, so I saved myself a day of dragon hunting.

Got my starter - but it's fogged right now and will be for a day or two, so I'll announce it later.  It's a guardian, freshly caught from Volcano at 11:38 am DC time.  :D

You only had to catch ONE starter today....

8 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You only had to catch ONE starter today....

Yes that is the one I caught today. The other one is one I already had 😁

Sorry...!

I forgot to post last night, but I changed my mind and decided to use Tideweaver Lindwyrms :) Might add some Bleeding Moons too if I can catch them. Here's my starter

50 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Sorry...!

Don't worry about it!

7 hours ago, Zonnedauw said:

@purplehaze I never thought to check this, but per the rules of this challenge, is this a valid enough spiral?

https://chazza.me/dc/lineage-builder/view/e2d38ea53b4dd8a88b056ebf91bcfcf8e4c69212

Kind of excited about this, but if we're sticking to CBs in spirals/stairs I do have a plan B

I think that lineage would be more appropriate for a personal project. It is intriguing but I think a bit complicated for this particular project.

I grabbed my starter as well! My lineage plan has been updated and I am going to do another spiral, this time with pygmies. I'm hoping for a rainbow of colors on the outside. 

Posted (edited)

No luck hunting, so had to buy my starter egg finally. I've changed my plan about 3 times since I originally posted, but I finally settled on a spiral of False Headed Hydras.

Edited by purplehaze