FuecocoBoi09

When does a dragon become healthy again?

It depends on how sick they are, honestly. It can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours, and once they're healthy it's still a good idea to keep them fogged for a while longer so they don't become sick again right away.

6 minutes ago, Kith said:

It depends on how sick they are, honestly. It can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours, and once they're healthy it's still a good idea to keep them fogged for a while longer so they don't become sick again right away.

how do you tell how sick they are?

I don't think there is a way to know. What always works for me is to immediately fog an egg or hatchie once it gets sick, and then keep it fogged for twice as long as it took to heal (roughly). So if I fog an egg and after an hour it isn't sick anymore, I keep it fogged for another hour.

It may not be the best strategy but this generally works well for me. Never lost an egg or hatchling to sickness, and they only rarely get sick twice.

That’s bad, i have had them fogged for 2 hours now so they might be really sick

I wouldn't be too worried. I don't think they can die fogged, so they'll be fine eventually.

2 hours isn't very long, either. Give it some time, I'm sure they'll pull through 👍

If/when my eggs get sick I keep them fogged for 12 to 24 hours. Unless they near the 0 day/0 hour mark then I watch them carefully and hope for the best.

If you put them in any click sites or hatcheries less than 24 hours after you got them, then that might be why they got sick. I usually wait at least a day after grabbing a new egg or breeding one of my own. I don't get sick eggs often, but if you have a white dragon you can use its ability to ward off any sickness before they do get sick. 

3 minutes ago, Syiren said:

If/when my eggs get sick I keep them fogged for 12 to 24 hours. Unless they near the 0 day/0 hour mark then I watch them carefully and hope for the best.

If you put them in any click sites or hatcheries less than 24 hours after you got them, then that might be why they got sick. I usually wait at least a day after grabbing a new egg or breeding one of my own. I don't get sick eggs often, but if you have a white dragon you can use its ability to ward off any sickness before they do get sick. 

yeah I put them in a hatch site before 24 hours I will be sure to not do that again unless I adopted an abandoned one

20 minutes ago, Zonnedauw said:

I wouldn't be too worried. I don't think they can die fogged

They can die while fogged!

52 minutes ago, FuecocoBoi09 said:

That’s bad, i have had them fogged for 2 hours now so they might be really sick

2 hours isn't really that long.

Generally how sick they are depends on the age of the egg, how many views it got and how quickly it got them. So there are a lot of factors contributing to sickness, which can make it hard to know how sick they are. The sooner you catch them and fog them the better, but once they are fogged it is just a waiting game. Also you can use Ward action of the White dragon  to protect them from dying for 6 hours, which gives them some time to recover.

Just now, purplehaze said:

They can die while fogged!

2 hours isn't really that long.

Generally how sick they are depends on the age of the egg, how many views it got and how quickly it got them. So there are a lot of factors contributing to sickness, which can make it hard to know how sick they are. The sooner you catch them and fog them the better, but once they are fogged it is just a waiting game. Also you can use Ward action of the White dragon  to protect them from dying for 6 hours, which gives them some time to recover.

It happened while I was asleep, so I might not have been quick to the trigger, and I have been playing for 2 days now, so I have no adults

Oh wow, I didn't know that! Apologies 😬 It never happened to me tho, so is it are for a dragon to die fogged?

Getting a white dragon is probably the safest thing to do...

One of my dragons got better! I’m going to keep them fogged until the end of the school day (about 3 hours) however. Should this be alright?

Usually if they don't die in the first hour (and are older than 5 hours) they'll be fine, since dragcave checks whether they're too sick to live on the hour mark. Since one of yours has recovered they'll probably be fine, but since they're fresh you might as well fog them until tomorrow since they can't hatch for a long time anyway. It'll give them lots of time to recover fully.

1 hour ago, Zonnedauw said:

Oh wow, I didn't know that! Apologies 😬 It never happened to me tho, so is it are for a dragon to die fogged?

It isnt so much that it's rare, more it's basically that fogging has no effect whatsoever on if a dragon will die or not once sickness sets in.  Fogging prevents the sickness from getting worse, but if a dragon was already too sick to survive then it will die with or without fogging it.  If a dragon was fogged before it got too sick it will survive--same as if it were left unfogged but pulled out of all places giving it views so it stopped getting more.

Fogging is just the safest method since it can't get views even if somebody else tried to re-enter it in a site or had posted it elsewhere you don't know about (such as in the case of viewbombing rather than just accidentally putting your own stuff in too many places at once)

I am so impatient, i have defogger my dragons twice and both times they didn’t die from sickness

Im gonna defog them next morning methinks

2 hours ago, FuecocoBoi09 said:

I am so impatient, i have defogger my dragons twice and both times they didn’t die from sickness

Im gonna defog them next morning methinks

There is really no point in being impatient with new eggs. You do know that they can't hatch until their timer is at 4 days or less? That gives plenty of time to get them the needed views without having them get sick.

To add to purplehaze's info, hatchlings can't become adults until 4 days or left on the timer no matter how many views they have.

The only way to hurry an egg is to have a Red dragon take a day off the timer with its Incubate ability and there's presently no way to hurry a hatching at all.

5 hours ago, KageSora said:

To add to purplehaze's info, hatchlings can't become adults until 4 days or left on the timer no matter how many views they have.

The only way to hurry an egg is to have a Red dragon take a day off the timer with its Incubate ability and there's presently no way to hurry a hatching at all.

Oh my god , thanks i never knew that

uhh one of my hatchlings got sick it’s weird because I got 2 at the same time and it got 600+ more views then the other

HUH

WHY DID THE DRAGONS I LEFT FOGGED ALL NIGHT GET SICK AGAIN 

THEY HAVE 4 DAYS 7 HOURS LEFT

WHYYYYYY

also what are clicks thanks

I would honestly keep them fogged for another 24 hours.

24 minutes ago, Brite said:

I would honestly keep them fogged for another 24 hours.

Any specific reason for this?

18 minutes ago, FuecocoBoi09 said:

Any specific reason for this?

I'm not a huge expert on egg sickness, but something similar happened to my gold eggs a few months ago. The sickness went away when I finally fogged them for 24+ hours in leu of overnight. Your eggs should be healthy again by this time, and with 2-3 days left, they'll hatch pretty quickly once you put them back in a daycare. 

Just now, Brite said:

I'm not a huge expert on egg sickness, but something similar happened to my gold eggs a few months ago. The sickness went away when I finally fogged them for 24+ hours in leu of overnight. Your eggs should be healthy again by this time, and with 2-3 days left, they'll hatch pretty quickly once you put them back in a daycare. 

I was planning to defog them then put them in a daycare tomorrow, sig doesn’t get to many clicks