Firstborn Dragon

Yellow Sapphire Dragon egg not unlocking in library

I have a yellow sapphire dragon egg on my scroll (Currently fogged due to sickness) and it's not unlocked in the library.  Is there a certain stage like uncracked, or dose it need to hatch or what dose it take?  The info says after owning one egg, which I currently do, so what else has to happen?

Did you turn it yourself?  Or did you get it as a gift/trade?  If you turned it yourself sadly it already counted as a blue one, I believe, so you'd have to find them from other users to view enough times to unlock it.

(There's an encyclopedia helpers thread you can keep tabs on, people will post there when they have eggs and hatchlings they've turned so people can view them, otherwise just getting lucky in the trading hub or hatcheries)

1 hour ago, KageSora said:

If you turned it yourself sadly it already counted as a blue one, I believe, so you'd have to find them from other users to view enough times to unlock it.

This shouldn't be the case. A Sapphire Dragon egg that turns yellow should stop counting as blue and count as yellow, for encyclopedia purposes.

Was a CB blue caught, and I turned it yellow.  It's almost fully hatched now, and as I said, it's fogged to protect it from dying due to the view bombing I did to get it to turn.  I don't THINK it's the first blue egg I've turned either, but if you check my my saphire group there's five (Four adult and one fogged egg) and at least two I've hatched.

https://dragcave.net/group/231611-sapphire

3 hours ago, TJ09 said:

This shouldn't be the case. A Sapphire Dragon egg that turns yellow should stop counting as blue and count as yellow, for encyclopedia purposes.

Huh, good to know they operate that way!

2 hours ago, Firstborn Dragon said:

Was a CB blue caught, and I turned it yellow.  It's almost fully hatched now, and as I said, it's fogged to protect it from dying due to the view bombing I did to get it to turn. 

You can turn them yellow as hatchlings, just FYI. You don't have to viewbomb them to get them to turn yellow. (OTOH, If you're trying to turn it yellow for the sake of unlocking the egg, then based on what TJ said, I'm guessing the egg has to be yellow before hatching to unlock the yellow egg sprite.)

12 hours ago, TJ09 said:

The problem is, are they intended to automatically increase your yellow sapphire egg count when they turn yellow? Currently they do count as yellow for observations and transfers, but if someone changed a blue sapphire they don't update as a newly owned yellow sapphire egg. At the moment they don't react like ushgorn eggs which lock blue and unlock red when incubated

Edited by Shadowdrake

I did this with someone to test this a few days ago. I turned the sapphire egg from blue to yellow, and it didn't register in my encyclopedia. I asked if someone else also need to unlock, and we did a transfer back-and-forth, then my yellow egg sprite is unlocked. Though it might not be intentional, it seems that this is the way to do it?

20 hours ago, TJ09 said:

It's never counted as a yellow egg on the scroll it turned on as far as Im aware. There have been many posts here in help about it. 

On 4/27/2023 at 9:37 PM, DragonLady86 said:

It's never counted as a yellow egg on the scroll it turned on as far as Im aware. There have been many posts here in help about it. 

It's odd, because I remember this as well, yet TJ states it will be counted, or should be counted:

On 4/27/2023 at 1:01 AM, TJ09 said:

This shouldn't be the case. A Sapphire Dragon egg that turns yellow should stop counting as blue and count as yellow, for encyclopedia purposes

I remember having to use Encyclopedia Helpers to unlock the yellow egg sprite.

I think what it is is that you can't use the same egg to count as a view more than once in ?a week? so if you got viewed it as blue, it can't count as any colour until the view "cooldown" is over.

42 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I think what it is is that you can't use the same egg to count as a view more than once in ?a week? so if you got viewed it as blue, it can't count as any colour until the view "cooldown" is over.

It'd have to be less than that or the only way it would stop counting as blue and count as yellow would be if you let it die and then viewed the dead eggshell.  But TJ said they're supposed to change how they count for the encyclopedia so...

Someone who had just come back from hiatus did testing with an ushgorn egg, which relocked blue and unlocked red when the ushgorn was incubated. This means they stop counting as the old thing and only count as the new, which sounds like what TJ said is intended for sapphires, which probably means sapphires are (were?) buggy somehow.

3 hours ago, KageSora said:

It'd have to be less than that or the only way it would stop counting as blue and count as yellow would be if you let it die and then viewed the dead eggshell.  But TJ said they're supposed to change how they count for the encyclopedia so...

After this one first came up, people were avoiding viewing their own eggs, as you CAN manage that (I bred one today which is at 0 views, for instance) sop if you can resist clicking, it can be done. Also working out when to view their friends' scrolls top make sure not to view too early !.

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Someone who had just come back from hiatus did testing with an ushgorn egg, which relocked blue and unlocked red when the ushgorn was incubated. This means they stop counting as the old thing and only count as the new, which sounds like what TJ said is intended for sapphires, which probably means sapphires are (were?) buggy somehow.

wow....