Zerachiel

2022 easter eggs gone?

Grabbing the random eggs on the website today I noticed that every egg including the area for the 2022 hunt is gone from my page. I'm really hopping this was a glitch cause I spent a lot of time last year stalking the pages and collecting a lot of them. I had a good 6-7 rows that are now just gone 

Screenshot 2023-04-09 145824.png

Try clearing your cache ? It could be a simple display error,.

I'm not seeing any 2022 eggs on their page either.

Hm, same.  That's unusual, if you collected them last year they should be showing up...  I guess one thing to try would be try to collect all the eggs from this year and see if last years' start showing up after that?

10 minutes ago, D-wing said:

Is it fixed? I could see them now.

Hm, I'm not seeing them for OP still.

11 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Hm, I'm not seeing them for OP still.

Okay I think I've make a mistake. I considered it's affect to everyone. :ph34r: If only affect to OP then I can't see them too. But let me have another conjecture, am OP remember wrong that you've collected the Halloween Token but not Easter's? (But still not fit the numbers, OP had 5 rows in the ToT basket but not 6-7 rows 🤔)

They now have a new thread saying they aren't getting them this year - but they have all of 3 eggs, and while I asked if they are actually on line - no response,. They also have issues with clicks not registering and other such.I do think it seems to be user related rather than cave.

11 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

They now have a new thread saying they aren't getting them this year - but they have all of 3 eggs, and while I asked if they are actually on line - no response,. They also have issues with clicks not registering and other such.I do think it seems to be user related rather than cave.

You completely missed what I said. I said that I had collected all the eggs from 2023 last year, and started to collect many of the missing from 2022 (as that was how the event ran last year) and when I came back this year I only had 11 eggs from 2023 instead of the 52 I spent days collecting. It had NOTHING to do with the current 2024 eggs. 

I looked at the two screenshots and tbh right now the only proof that something happened/you lost a part of your collection is your own memory and statement, because what is present on the first screenshot are all present on the second screenshot, so there's in fact no evidence of anything disappearing. I do hope you figure out what's going on though, it sounds very sad to get your hard work erased if what you're saying were true. I've never had that happen once in my time on dc

7 hours ago, Zerachiel said:

You completely missed what I said. I said that I had collected all the eggs from 2023 last year, and started to collect many of the missing from 2022 (as that was how the event ran last year) and when I came back this year I only had 11 eggs from 2023 instead of the 52 I spent days collecting. It had NOTHING to do with the current 2024 eggs. 

No I didn't miss it; I meant that you had 3 from this year (as you did at that point) and also implies that things were going very slowly. And as you know, I am collecting screenies as things go; I see that you now have 13. Of course I can't get screenies for what you had last year. but that's why I am collecting images through the whole event this time. So that you will have independent evidence if anything happens this year.

You know, I don’t have proof and a year is a long time to be absolutely sure, 

but my recollection is that last year I collected all of last years eggs, which it shows I have, but I was fairly certain I had also finished the year prior, possibly 2-3 years prior as well, but that’s not what I have showing now…..

again, the only proof of this is that it seems to be very contradictory to my memory, I distinctively recall thinking I had collected a ton of missing eggs from previous years after last Easter, and that’s not what I’m seeing this year…..

it could be that I’m having a middle-aged moment, or this could be a thing that’s happening if someone else is feeling the same thing happened…..

Only thing I can think that’s been a major change is I’m on a new device this year, although it does show the same when I logged in from my older device….

@Zerachiel did you get a new device between last festival of eggs and this one?

oh! And I’m also using a different isp account…… 🤷‍♀️ 

I could be wrong, my memory isn’t infallible 😅 

Posted (edited)

But the Easter eggs we have are on the server, not on our devices. What I suspect is that it's an adblocker picking on the images, or something like that - that they are THERE in your account but you can't see them on your device (though your story makes mores sense than the OP's - I do suspect a memory lapse in both cases.)  I am monitoring Zerachiel's basket and it is so far only up to 20 this year - but none of them has disappeared. I can see my own on any device in this house - a PC, two laptops, a tablet and two phones.

ETA as of today - 6th - there are 31 in the OP's basket from this year.

And now it's over - total of 34.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

On 4/3/2024 at 3:08 AM, CandraCat said:

You know, I don’t have proof and a year is a long time to be absolutely sure, 

but my recollection is that last year I collected all of last years eggs, which it shows I have, but I was fairly certain I had also finished the year prior, possibly 2-3 years prior as well, but that’s not what I have showing now…..

again, the only proof of this is that it seems to be very contradictory to my memory, I distinctively recall thinking I had collected a ton of missing eggs from previous years after last Easter, and that’s not what I’m seeing this year…..

it could be that I’m having a middle-aged moment, or this could be a thing that’s happening if someone else is feeling the same thing happened…..

Only thing I can think that’s been a major change is I’m on a new device this year, although it does show the same when I logged in from my older device….

@Zerachiel did you get a new device between last festival of eggs and this one?

oh! And I’m also using a different isp account…… 🤷‍♀️ 

I could be wrong, my memory isn’t infallible 😅 

Hey apologies for the delayed reply, outside of holiday events I hardly run around on this website anymore and less on the forums. 

I am in the same boat, I know I collected all of last years and all of the year prior through the special event.. and I was collecting into 2021 which I made a post this year about nearly all of 23 being gone and all the ones I collected from 22 are gone. 

I was bouncing between my phone and computer as most of those I caught were while I was sitting at my desk at work. But i've never has any issue prior to that and I owned my phone for 3 years at this point. 

On 4/4/2024 at 9:38 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

But the Easter eggs we have are on the server, not on our devices. What I suspect is that it's an adblocker picking on the images, or something like that - that they are THERE in your account but you can't see them on your device (though your story makes mores sense than the OP's - I do suspect a memory lapse in both cases.)  I am monitoring Zerachiel's basket and it is so far only up to 20 this year - but none of them has disappeared. I can see my own on any device in this house - a PC, two laptops, a tablet and two phones.

ETA as of today - 6th - there are 31 in the OP's basket from this year.

And now it's over - total of 34.

It's not a memory issue, if It was a memory issue I wouldn't remember getting the MSQ icon egg and laughing my ass off at it. I don't go into other peoples profiles so only way i would know about that egg was if I got it myself. 

Losing two years worth of eggs killed any possible drive I had of actually pushing for the full lot this year. On top of working 10 hour days I collected as many as I did. The eggs never vanished during the event. It's some time between May and sept. I can only look at sept on the way back machine and there it shows a lack of eggs. 

Posted (edited)

Well, we have a documented record this year. But a mod said that @TJ09  can verify your egg history so you could ask.

And the eggs we catch are stored in the server, not on our computers. What we see is what is on the server.

Edited by Fuzzbucket