Cireth

Egg Price Cap

I propose a price cap on Market eggs at 3,000 shards.

There are many players who can't buy the eggs they want because every time they go to get them the price has gone up by another hundred shards.

This would eliminate the problem of Market eggs continually climbing out of price range.

Collecting 3,000 shards takes 30 weeks and I think that's  long enough to spend saving up for one egg.

Edit: If a Market Price Cap has been shotdown then I propose the removal of the 100 shard per week cap instead.

This rewards players for playing.

Edited by Cireth

This has been suggested before and TJ shot it down.

Rats. Rats. Rats.

That sucks because the problems driving the price up aren't being fixed.

Yeah--at the very least something needs to be done to fix the underlying issues that cause certain dragons (Stats) to go up and up and up, especially when you save up your shards except oops it's gone up AGAIN so you're no closer to getting it that week...

Oh it's Stateraes doing that. Colour me surprised. (Not).

Edited my proposal.

Edited by Cireth

But it does mean nobody has to GRIND to keep up.

Removing the shard cap would only make the problem worse. People would just farm shards until they can buy the egg they want, meaning that more people would be buying it than are currently & throw the breed ratios even farther off. That wouldn't just be an issue for Stats, either.

It also goes against the play style of the rest of the game, where grinding isn't that viable due to time limits and space caps. Increasing the cap instead of removing it would just proportionally increase the price of eggs instead.

Removing the shard cap would absolutely make it worse. It would instantly become a race of "who has the most time and can massbreed/spam review descriptions/grab and re-ap eggs the fastest before it increases again", probably affecting the rest of DC very negatively. If you don't like seeing massbreeds now, you won't like how the AP looks with that implemented, and anyone who doesn't have thousands upon thousands of dragons to breed for shards will be at a big disadvantage.

I think as it's a new rare we should wait and see if it dips back down in another 6 months, as it did decrease drastically once already. If it instead gets even more expensive than it did last year that's when we should petition again since that'd be a concerning trend. DC is a very long-term game so having to wait a year or two to buy all the rares isn't much compared to having to wait half a decade to spot a cb gold like it used to be.

Edited by Shadowdrake

I personally like that the stats are running wild - bear with me here. But I really miss when things were properly rare. I'm so excited to have the stats where they're properly valuable, even when not caveborn! Making stats easier to get would make them ... pretty much just like all the other dragons we already have. And I like variety. I'm saying this as someone who still needs two more stats to complete my scroll goals and is trying to save up for a market stat as we speak, haha. I think it's good to have something to work towards!

I am 100% against removing the weekly shard cap though, for all the reasons stated above. I would really dislike seeing dragon cave become a grinding-for-currency style game. The market as it is right now is, in my opinion, really good gameplay ^^

EDIT: I saw someone suggest something in a different thread that may be relevant here! Lowering prices in the market to a degree, but introducing a cooldown for how often you can buy rare breeds. That might help keep stuff rare, but give people a little more of a chance to save up!

Edited by AnthillDragon

It's incredibly depressing to see that TJ's reason for shooting down Market caps is that overpriced dragons are indicative of other, underlying problems that need addressing when there's been zero communication regarding the underlying issues we're all complaining about. Except for the ideas that have been nuked.