Darth Krande

Egg visible on the "You are overburdened" page

I can't see this doing anything but making it easier for people to viewbomb out of spite, especially with i.e. low-gen saltkin.

19 hours ago, Guillotine said:

I can't see this doing anything but making it easier for people to viewbomb out of spite, especially with i.e. low-gen saltkin.

I don't support this idea - but I don't see this....

Lock status at the top of the page would be handy, though. I hide dead eggs where I don't have to look at them., and often forget about them....

On 3/23/2022 at 9:53 AM, Guillotine said:

I don't quite think that's going to be the issue, because we essentially are able to just change the url to see the view page and potentially the user scroll name if they have it on display right now, and thus have access to the information to viewbomb regardless of this suggestion.

I also don't see the necessity of this suggestion. I don't exactly see the harm of adding it either.

A lock status on the top of biomes and ap will be very useful tho!

Edited by Moriaty

On 3/23/2022 at 12:25 PM, MissK. said:

I don't support this suggestion for a reason that I did not see specifically mentioned yet. DC on the whole makes a point of only giving you agency over your own eggs, if you abandon something you have 0 control over what happens to it etc., and I think that's how it should be. Getting a direct link to an egg that is not yours seems to go against that principle. Yes, technically we can change the url to check the lineage (which is what I do as well) but if the game gives me the same kind of link as when I do catch an egg, even without the codes, to me it implies that I have a right to view that egg's page. But it's not up to me, the person who actually grabs it might immediately hide it. This suggestion just seems not fitting for DC in my opinion.

This is what I was thinking, too. It just doesn't seem right that the game would give us a direct link to an egg that could already be on someone else's scroll.

And if one really wants to know what AP has to offer, despite being locked, that is not too complicated in my opinion. Dracaena described in the previous page the easiest, quickest and "safest" method to do this, that I also use.

I am not against this suggestion, really, I just see no point at all in it.

a.) There are other ways to do this, without a ready-made link, that are nearly as fast. The site already gives you the code of the egg in the URL of the "overburdened" page, so you do know which egg it is.

b.) It is almost certain that if the egg is anything special it will be gone already to someone who had space for it in the first place.

c.) There is at least the potential here for making revenge view-bombing easier if the egg is already taken.

10 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I am not against this suggestion, really, I just see no point at all in it.

a.) There are other ways to do this, without a ready-made link, that are nearly as fast. The site already gives you the code of the egg in the URL of the "overburdened" page, so you do know which egg it is.

b.) It is almost certain that if the egg is anything special it will be gone already to someone who had space for it in the first place.

c.) There is at least the potential here for making revenge view-bombing easier if the egg is already taken.

This. I really cannot see the value of this suggestion.