Elizabeth Moonstone

Make dead eggshells disappear faster (one week?)

1 hour ago, ylangylang said:

You can trade for them you know. No to this. I do think that having dead eggshells on your scroll taking up egg space is a nuisance, I also don't like the look of them at all, BUT that is a risk you take. I don't see a credible reason why this should suddenly change, because some users just don't like the look of them. Actually, having a load of people saying that they don't like the look of them is proof that the dead eggshell function is doing its job properly. 

I talking about dead eggs which dont taking slot (situation after first 24h). I just really dont understand why they stay on scroll for so long when do totally nothing (other than being visible),  And when you try make Wild Shumonga or Motus Canto not all drago of this breed can survive.

I think it is fine the way it is. The egg shells stay to deter people from continuously killing eggs, and stay as a reminder of the terrible thing you did to that baby. One week just feels to short for that punishment, and they aren't that much of a nuisance after the first 24 hours. If it is about the list of growing dragons being messy, you can custom sort the dead eggs to the bottom of the list so they are out of the way.

40 minutes ago, Erra said:

I talking about dead eggs which dont taking slot (situation after first 24h). I just really dont understand why they stay on scroll for so long when do totally nothing (other than being visible),  And when you try make Wild Shumonga or Motus Canto not all drago of this breed can survive.

1. In regards to dead eggs that don't take up the slot: they stay on the scroll to discourage you from killing more eggs by being a visible reminder of what you did. And if you're oh-so-bothered by them when they're, as you've said, not doing anything, a) they're doing their intended job because their whole point is to create discomfort to try to discourage you from killing eggs again b) if you don't see the point of them staying there for 2 weeks while not doing anything, I don't see why that bothers you so much when, as you've said, they're not doing anything to your scroll other than just staying there. 

2. In regards to game mechanics that require you to use earthquake or try to force-hatch by killing the egg in order to get a particular dragon: you can ask for a trade in the trading part of the site. You don't have to make them yourself if killing an egg bothers you so much.  No one is forcing you to create said dragons yourself or else. Just trade for them. 

Edited some parts because I felt that the metaphor I was using was inappropriate. Sorry about that. 

Edited by ylangylang

For things that are killed by an action like Bite or Earthquake (and take up a Kill action slot for two weeks) I'd rather the dead egg stay visible for those two weeks so I can see "Ah, the dead eggshells are gone, the Kill slots are unlocked."

56 minutes ago, Ripple_Tiger said:

I think it is fine the way it is. The egg shells stay to deter people from continuously killing eggs, and stay as a reminder of the terrible thing you did to that baby. One week just feels to short for that punishment, and they aren't that much of a nuisance after the first 24 hours. If it is about the list of growing dragons being messy, you can custom sort the dead eggs to the bottom of the list so they are out of the way.

But if you dont use earthquake (not kill) you dont get that color of breed, and personally eg its tiring to fast check how much eggs i have if i have dead eggs. BUT problem can be solved for all sides (visible shells, checking kill slot etc) by changing filter - removing dead eggs from "Eggs/Unfrozen Hatchlins" and eg. adding filter "Deads" (eggs & undeads) and mayby change first name to eg "Growing...".

16 minutes ago, Erra said:

personally eg its tiring to fast check how much eggs i have if i have dead eggs.

You can use the egg limits page, it's always accurate to how many slots you have left. And you can get to it either by clicking your trophy or the Growing Dragons link.

Initially I was neutral, but Stromboli makes a good point that killed shells are an easy tracker of kill slots. Of course there's other ways to check, so I'm only a bit against this suggestion in general.

5 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

You can use the egg limits page, it's always accurate to how many slots you have left. And you can get to it either by clicking your trophy or the Growing Dragons link.

Initially I was neutral, but Stromboli makes a good point that killed shells are an easy tracker of kill slots. Of course there's other ways to check, so I'm only a bit against this suggestion in general.

I dont use kill action so i never think about this, sorry ;/ just on https://dragcave.net/user/nick i dont have any link to egg limits page, and https://dragcave.net/dragons need extra clicks to check only growing dragons so when i need very fast check its just obstacles to me to check what i need.

8 hours ago, Erra said:

You must use kill/earthquake to make some breeds/color variants. 

WHAT...when did that happen? I've not been so active. I have missed so many new things...

34 minutes ago, ToadWitch said:

WHAT...when did that happen? I've not been so active. I have missed so many new things...

I missed a lot of 2021, so had to check the spreadsheet but...

Motus Cantormaris Dragons (May 2021) earthquake a Mundus Cantormaris

Cantormaris also have another 4 colour varients depending on action you use on them..  Sophos, Itus, Iratus, Yutela.    (not that I have any of them yet!!)

Sapphire Dragons - Pink (May 21 2021) only go pink if willingly abandoned by a user, and only go yellow if they hatch with over 4000 views..

Shumoga Dragons - Wild Dark - (Aug 22 2021) produced by forcing an egg to hatch early, either by attempting to kill it or by use of Earthquake.

35 minutes ago, nerys said:

I missed a lot of 2021, so had to check the spreadsheet but...

Motus Cantormaris Dragons (May 2021) earthquake a Mundus Cantormaris

Cantormaris also have another 4 colour varients depending on action you use on them..  Sophos, Itus, Iratus, Yutela.    (not that I have any of them yet!!)

Sapphire Dragons - Pink (May 21 2021) only go pink if willingly abandoned by a user, and only go yellow if they hatch with over 4000 views..

Shumoga Dragons - Wild Dark - (Aug 22 2021) produced by forcing an egg to hatch early, either by attempting to kill it or by use of Earthquake.

Dude. TY :)

12 hours ago, Erra said:

just on https://dragcave.net/user/nick i dont have any link to egg limits page,

Actually you do, your trophy links to the egg limits page. If you click on your trophy it will will take you right to it.  edit: Though this is only on pc, no idea about mobile.

image.jpeg.4506e4fe4d4b21209fe76abb440ebe72.jpeg

Edited by HeatherMarie

On mobile you can either click the trophy, or click here where it says "growing things", same as on PC

This page can also be reached by clicking "help" and then "egg limits"

Screenshot_20220930_005358.jpg

17 hours ago, Erra said:

I talking about dead eggs which dont taking slot (situation after first 24h). I just really dont understand why they stay on scroll for so long when do totally nothing (other than being visible),  And when you try make Wild Shumoga or Motus Canto not all drago of this breed can survive.

Or they often do all survive. I've had three cantos survive and turn. And more than one shumoga.

15 hours ago, Stromboli said:

For things that are killed by an action like Bite or Earthquake (and take up a Kill action slot for two weeks) I'd rather the dead egg stay visible for those two weeks so I can see "Ah, the dead eggshells are gone, the Kill slots are unlocked."

That's VERY good - I never thought of that - I put them at the bottom of my scroll - but I won't do that any more !

They ARE a reminder of what you did, and I think a useful reminder. If you hate them so - trade for what you want instead.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

11 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Actually you do, your trophy links to the egg limits page. If you click on your trophy it will will take you right to it.  edit: Though this is only on pc, no idea about mobile.

image.jpeg.4506e4fe4d4b21209fe76abb440ebe72.jpeg

I dont why but i dont have here https://dragcave.net/user/Erra any link on trophy, and i use pc but this pc is very slow and have problems with "heavy pages" (many images).

29 minutes ago, Erra said:

I dont why but i dont have here https://dragcave.net/user/Erra any link on trophy, and i use pc but this pc is very slow and have problems with "heavy pages" (many images).

Ah, that might be what causes it, if it's not loading the trophy.

Try this?  See here where I've circled "Help"?  (If you can't get it loaded, it's on the top right of the screen along with links to your account, dragons, trading, etc.).  that should pull up the page in the below screenshot which is the site help page.  One of the sections is "Using the site" and one of the options says "Egg Limits".  If you click that, you can get to the page that tells you how many eggs you have and how many maximum you can have, as well as how many total growing things you do and can have.

image.png.51d0b1b42c3a885c14db2729917c6351.png

OR - go to AOND and load your scroll - it tells you at the top what you have (but not anything fogged). Not sure if it counts dead stuff though. I'd kill to test but I've  used all my slots !