Little-Star

250 book challenge 2021-2022

Book Number: 49

Number Of Pages: 246

Book Title: Winter Street

Author: Elin Hilderbrand

Summary: As Christmas approaches, Kelley Quinn is looking forward to spending time with his family. But when he walks in on his wife kissing Santa Claus, utter chaos descends.

Book Number: 2

Number Of Pages: 132

Book Title: Day

Author: Elie Wiesel

Summary: A fictionalized event of the writer's life, dealing with the horrifying truth of Survivor's Guild.

Rating: 4/5

Review: Incredibly dark and introspective. Answers very few questions but an excellent story and beautiful imagery.

Book Number: 19

Number Of Pages: 240

Book Title: Horrorstor

Author: Grady Hendrix

Summary: One night, the manager of the store asks two of his employee to stay at night to find out who get into the store at night and break things around. When the night comes and they get there, weird stuff starts to happen.

Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 11

Number Of Pages: 173

Book Title: Celtic Tales: Fairy Tales and Stories of Enchantment from Ireland, Scotland, Brittany, and Wales

Illustrator: Kate Forrester

Summary: This collection of folk tales is a nice cornucopia of Celtic lore. Stories center on love, questing, tricksters, and the sea.

dang, looks like i never made my "entry" post like I thought. Here's the books I just finished (I tend to read about 6 at a time):

Book Number: 1

Number Of Pages:320

Book Title: Star of Deliverance

Author: Mandy Madson Voisin

Summary: (optional) 

Rating: (optional)4/5

Review: (optional)

Number Of Pages: 336

Book Title:The Darkest Part of the Forest

Author: Holly Black

Rating: (optional) 4/5

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages:512

Book Title: The Chemist

Author: Stephenie Meyer

Edited by autumnbrandolyn

my last few books have been graphic novels, so they don't count.  (this is why all my numbers have an asterisk after them, and why i have "my note" at the bottom of each of my entries.  even though i'm going to list "the complete Sandman series" when i get done with #12....  bear in mind that it's composed of 12 collected graphic novels. (no, that's not true.  11 collected graphic novels and 9 individual comic issues.))

*nods*

6 hours ago, autumnbrandolyn said:

dang, looks like i never made my "entry" post like I thought. Here's the books I just finished (I tend to read about 6 at a time):

Book Number: 1

Book Title: Star of Deliverance

Author: Mandy Madson Voisin

Summary: (optional) https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23277161-star-of-deliverance

Book Title:The Darkest Part of the Forest

Author: Holly Black

Summary: (optional)https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20958632-the-darkest-part-of-the-forest

Number Of Pages:512

Book Title: The Chemist

Author: Stephenie Meyer

Summary: (optional) https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31176886-the-chemist

I'm still counting the books but if you put a summary, you have to write it yourself, not post link to it :

11.  You can write a summary of the book you read but it has to be in less than 100 words, but more than 10 words. It's not mandatory but it would be nice if you do. 

Edited by Little-Star

17 hours ago, Little-Star said:

I'm still counting the books but if you put a summary, you have to write it yourself, not post link to it :

11.  You can write a summary of the book you read but it has to be in less than 100 words, but more than 10 words. It's not mandatory but it would be nice if you do. 

Ah, thanks. I'll remember that going forward. 

Book Number: 4

Book Title: The Queen’s Assassin

Author: Melissa de la Cruz

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages: 352

Book Title:The Queen Will Betray You

Author: Sarah Henning

Rating: (optional) 5/5

Book Number: 6

Number Of Pages: 757

Book Title: A Court of Silver Flames

Author: Sarah J Maas

Rating: (optional) 5/5

Firts Book. The Day that Sanity was lost Lost by Javier Castillo (Spanish Edition) 4/5

Second Book. The Day that Love was Lost by Javier Castillo (Spanish Edition) 5/5

📚

Comics. Compendium of The Walking Dead  by Robert Kirkman (1,2,3,4 and 5) 

Love the comics tbh, I would rate these compendiums 4/5 (It could easy be 5/5 but I'd rate them 4/5 as an optional rating)

;)

Edited by _Terminus24

4 hours ago, _Terminus24 said:

Firts Book. The Day that Sanity was lost Lost by Javier Castillo (Spanish Edition) 4/5

Second Book. The Day that Love was Lost by Javier Castillo (Spanish Edition) 5/5

📚

Comics. Compendium of The Walking Dead  by Robert Kirkman (1,2,3,4 and 5) 

Love the comics tbh, I would rate these compendiums 4/5 (It could easy be 5/5 but I'd rate them 4/5 as an optional rating)

;)

Could you repost those with forms in the first post please ? And some infos are missing (page count)

[b]Book Number:[/b]
[b]Number Of Pages:[/b]
[b]Book Title:[/b]
[b]Author:[/b]
[b]Summary:[/b] (optional)
[b]Rating:[/b] (optional)
[b]Review:[/b] (optional)
Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 8*

Number Of Pages: 364

Book Title: A Closed and Common Orbit

Author: Becky Chambers

Summary: Wayfarers #2: the continuing story of Lovelace, who was an AI on a ship; and the backstory of Pepper (who we met in The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet)
(my note: #61 for 2021)

Book Number: 50

Number Of Pages: 274

Book Title: The Glass Wives

Author: Amy Sue Nathan

Summary: Evie and Nicole share a last name. They also shared a husband, but when he dies, it upends the lives of Evie, Nicole, and their children.

Book Number:20

Book Title: We Sold Our Souls

Author: Grady Hendrix

Summary: Kris used to be in a band until Terry, the singer, ditched them mid tour to embark on a solo career and destroyed the band. Some years later, while she lives her live, something happened and she cames to the conclusion that Terry might have done more than just ruined the band. 

Book Number: 7

Number Of Pages: 304

Book Title: House of Hollow

Author: Krystal Sutherland

Book Number: 8

Number Of Pages: 350

Book Title: Lost in a Book

Author:  Jennifer Donnelly

Rating: (optional) 3/5

Book Number: 9

Number Of Pages: 317

Book Title: The Perfect Mother

Author:  Aimee Molloy

Book Number:21

Number Of Pages: 690

Book Title: Sarah, fille de dragon (couls translate as: Sarah, Dragon's daughter

Author: Christine Labrecque

Summary: Sarah is a young women, passng for a boy, that attend a dragon hunting school. One day she hears a prophecy about a young girl that will one day make peace between humans and dragon. She is that woman and once she is out of school, she goes on her journey.

That one took me 3 months to read (but was mostly only reading it during my lunch breaks at work)

Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 9*

Number Of Pages: 358

Book Title: One of Us Is Lying

Author: Karen M McManus

Summary: Five high school kids have a detention one Monday after school.  thing is - one of them doesn't make it home alive.  Who killed Simon?
(my note: #63 for 2021)

Book Number: 51

Number Of Pages: 234

Book Title: Rose

Author: Holly Webb

Summary: Mr. Fountain's grand mansion is a world away from the dark orphanage Rose left behind. The house is practically overflowing with magic - and Rose can feel it.

Book Number: 10

Number Of Pages:645

Book Title: The Crown of Gilded Bones

Author: Jennifer L Armentrout

Book Number: 11

Number Of Pages: 360

Book Title: Namesake

Author: Adrienne Young

@trystan how did you like One of Us is Lying? It's on my giant tbr!

Edited by autumnbrandolyn

2 hours ago, autumnbrandolyn said:

@trystan how did you like One of Us is Lying? It's on my giant tbr!

i liked it.... kept me guessing until the actual reveal. (oh wait, that happens all the time... books and tv shows.  i get the reveal like 5 seconds before the actual reveal. XD)

but then again, i like everything i read (and watch, too) :D

Number Of Pages: 273

Book Title: A Lucky Child: A Memoir of Surviving Auschwitz as a Young Boy

Author: Thomas Buergenthal

Summary: Exactly what the title says: a ten year old boy gets sent to Auschwitz and somehow survives. This memoir tells not only the story of his survival, but of picking up the pieces of his life after.

Review: I might have fallen down a rabbit hole of holocaust memoirs with my Elie Wiesel backtrack but this showed up in my library mentions so I gave it a read. The prose is not nearly as spellbinding and beautiful as Elie Wiesel's, but the subject matter is still one that is so important that I'm going to listen regardless. I like how he went into detail about his life after-- that was always my question with these Holocaust memoirs. I listen to the stories and I always want to ask survivors: "but what happened next?! How did you continue to live after what was done to you?! How did you find the strength?!" Thomas Buergenthal is a very inspiring figure because his situation made him go on to work in human rights for his entire life. He has been an activist all his life. I envy his strength and I envy his courage. His story is one worth listening to.

Book Number: 22

Number Of Pages: 224

Book Title: The Chrysalids

Author: John Wyndham

Summary: In a society where any deviation from the norm is seen as blasphemies, David and his friend who has the power of telepathie, they have to conceal their difference.

Didn't enjoyed it at all but since it was free on audible and not very long, I still went throught it while driving to and from work.

Book Number: 52

Number Of Pages: 311

Book Title: Crystal Singer

Author: Anne McCaffrey

Summary: After ten grueling years of musical traing, Killashandra Ree learns she will be unable to become the lead singer she has always planned to be, then she learns about the Heptite Guild and Crystal Singers of Ballybran.

Book Number: 53

Number Of Pages: 373

Book Title: Killashandra

Summary: After a run of bad luck in the Ranges, Killashandra finds the only way to be true to the man she loves is to leave him, and heads for what should be a straightford crystal installation job on Optheria.

Book Number: 54

Number Of Pages: 313

Book Title: Crystal Line

Summary: After singing crystal for more years than she can remember, Killashandra finds there is much she has forgotten, the good as well as the bad.

Note: The Crystal Singer trilogy is one of my 'comfort food' sets of books for when life gets overwhelming! I've lost count of how many times I've read them over the years.

Book Number: 12

Number Of Pages: 281

Book Title: Baby Doll

Author: Hollie Overton

Book Number: 13

Number Of Pages: 396

Book Title: Pretty Girls

Author: Karin Slaughter

Book Number: 10*

Number Of Pages: 358

Book Title: Record of a Spaceborn Few

Author: Becky Chambers

Summary: Follows a slice of life of five Exodans: Tessa, Isabel, Kip, Sawyer, and Eyas, as they go about their lives in the Exodan fleet
(my note: #64 for 2021)