Little-Star

250 book challenge 2021-2022

Book Number: 6

Number Of Pages: 311

Book Title: The Year of the Lucy

Author: Anne McCaffery

Summary: After meeting pianist James Howell, Mirelle Martin begins to make some changes in her suburban life.

Book Number: 7

Number Of Pages: 254

Book Title: Stitch in Snow

Author: Anne McCaffrey

Summary: While marooned in Denver by a blizzard, Dana Jane Lovell meets the rivetingly attractive Dan Lowell and spend a magical weekend together.

Book Number: 8

Number Of Pages: 369

Book Title: The Lady

Summary: All is not idyllic at the Carradyne home, where the youngest daughter Catriona is caught between her horseman father and hee insufferably pious and overbearing mother.

Book Number: 9

Number Of Pages: 287

Book Title: The Amazing Voyage

Author: Geronimo Stilton

Summary: Geronimo Stilton finds hmself in the Kingdom of Fantasy to help rescue the Queen and bring peace to the Kingdom.

Book Number: 10

Number Of Pages: 378

Book Title: The Fifth Avenue Story Society

Author: Rachel Hauck

Summary: An invitation to join the Fifth Avenue Story Society gives five New York strangers a chance to rewrite their own stories.

Book Number: 11

Number Of Pages: 272

Book Title: Knit the Season

Author: Kate Jacobs

Summary: While preparing for Christmas, Dakota must make some decisions about family and work while sharing memories of her mother with family and friends.

Book Number: 12

Number Of Pages: 378

Book Title: Waves of Mercy

Author: Lynn Austin

Summary: Chicago socialite Anna Nicholson meets Derk Vander Veen, a worker at the Hotel Ottawa where she has gone after a broken engagement. There she learns about Derk's aunt Geesje, and past and present collide.

Book Number: 13

Number Of Pages: 576

Book Title: The Olive Tree

Author: Lucinda Riley

Summary: A summer at 'Pandora', the house Helena inherits from her godfather, reveals many family secrets and life will never be the same.

Book Number: 14

Number Of Pages: 236

Book Title: Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Missing Heiress

Author: Kathryn Kenny

Summary: The Bob-Whites find mysteries surrounding the sale of a property, an amnesiac girl, and an apparent relative of Jim.

Book Number: 15

Number Of Pages: 373

Book Title: A House in the Sky

Author: Amanda Lindhout & Sara Corbett

Summary: At the age of nineteen, Amanda Lindhout left Red Deer and began to travel the globe. After many successful trips all over the world, in August 2008 she was abducted in Somalia and held for fifteen months.

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 557

Book Title: The Institute

Author: Stephen King

Summary: Luke, a remarkably intelligent twelve year old, with nearly imperceptible telekinetic abilities, is kidnapped in the middle of the night. He wakes up in the Institute, where he and other kids with varying degrees of psychic abilities are subjected to strange tests. They are kept in an area known as the Front Half, but kids don't stay there long before being moved to the Back Half, a place from which no kid has been known to return.

Review: This one was definitely a page turner, I liked it.

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 301

Book Title: Mexican Gothic

Author: Silvia Moreno-Garcia

Summary: After receiving a strange and alarming letter from her recently married cousin, Noemi travels to High Place to investigate her cousin's new husband and his rather unwelcoming family.

Review: This one was alright. After hearing all the praise it received, I was expecting a bit more. The author's writing style is very stiff, with some odd choices of phrasing. Not even a page into it I stopped to see if it had been translated from another language and was surprised to find that it wasn't. I was also really hoping to see more of Mexico in the book, but it is basically set in an English manor in Mexico (which the author defends in an essay at the end explaining the historical accuracy), and so it really could have been set anywhere, and at any time pre-cell phone (according to the back of the book, it's the 1950's, but nothing in the text really indicates that, as far as I could tell). Still, if you love Gothic horror, you might appreciate what the author is going for, even if most of the plot won't be a surprise.

You know, it would be nice if I'd remember I'm supposed to post as I read, lol! Too busy reading to remember to post, I guess? Anyway, here's part of my catch-up, don't want to put it all into one post or it'll be ridiculously long.

Book Number: 9

Number Of Pages: 345

Book Title: Very Special People

Author: Frederick Drimmer

Summary: Nonfiction. This book explores the lives of human oddities; people who, in years past, often had no choice but to work in the “freak tent” sideshow of a circus… conjoined twins, armless or legless people, giants and dwarfs, and people with other genetic abnormalities or deformities.

Book Number: 10

Number Of Pages: 366

Book Title: What Does This Button Do?

Author: Bruce Dickinson

Summary:  Author. Brewer. World-class fencer. Lecturer. Entrepreneur. Commercial airline pilot. Survivor of throat cancer. Oh yeah, and he's also the singer for Iron Maiden. This is the autobiography of Bruce Dickinson.

Book Number: 11

Number Of Pages: 298

Book Title: Monsters of River and Rock

Author: Adrian Smith

Summary:  A memoir from Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden, remembering everything from his childhood of fishing in canals and bomb crater ponds in East London, to stolen time from the studio or while on tour to go fishing in the nearest body of water. An interesting glimpse into the life of the man behind one of the guitars in one of the world's most enduring metal bands.

Book Number: 12

Number Of Pages: 190 (according to Amazon; I have it on Kindle)

Book Title: Touch in the Dark

Author: P.J. Doolittle

Summary: Bryan Donovan needs to maintain the quality of his paranormal investigative television program amid the sea of competition, so when his team is delayed he proceeds to the isolated house in northeast England alone. The home's tenant is a quiet, easygoing man so Bryan finds it easy at first to begin his investigation around Jay's presence. But when strange things start happening the two of them are drawn together out of a determination to get to the bottom of things, finding themselves caught up in a two-hundred-year-old mystery and an attraction that neither of them expected.

Book Number: 13

Number Of Pages: 199 (according to Amazon; this one is Kindle-only)

Book Title: Uncertain Fire

Summary: Bradley Dutton was completely devoted to keeping his struggling air freight business afloat and getting out from under the iron fist of his financial backer. Loneliness drove him to visit a male strip club and he became intrigued by a dancer named Kamil, who didn't actually strip. Then Bradley ran into Kamil under entirely different circumstances and fell hard as he got to know the man better.

Book Number: 14

Number Of Pages: 345

Book Title: Edge of Change

Summary: Barry was a drifter who sang on the street for a few pounds when he could. On his own since age fourteen, he was skilled in avoiding emotional entanglements. When things grew personal, he moved on. But when seeking a bed at a homeless shelter, Barry met a man who made him want to change. Jim, a guitarist, volunteered at the shelter since losing his boyfriend and bandmate in a drug-related murder. He felt drawn to Barry, but struggled to overcome the fear that the handsome busker would simply vanish again.

Book Number: 15

Number Of Pages: 276

Book Title: Echo of Circumstances

Summary: On his own in San Fransisco since the age of fourteen, Barry was reluctant to change the status quo - until he befriended Jim, an English guitarist attempting to break into the local music scene, and soon Barry found himself taking classes to become an airplane mechanic. But when Jim's band got a tour in England, it put a strain on their fledgling relationship.

Book Number: 16

Number Of Pages: 316

Book Title: Under the Lilacs

Author: Louisa May Alcott

Summary:  Ben and his trained dog, Sancho, run away from the circus and soon find a warm welcome in a kind community where he makes new friends and catches up on his neglected education. Theatricals and imaginative pageantry are all part of the fun as he learns to get along in the small village.

Book Number: 17

Number Of Pages: 318

Book Title: Jack and Jill

Summary:  When best friends Jack and Jill crash their sled, their injuries leave them bedridden for months. Their mothers fill their days with the joys of Christmas preparations, a theatrical production and many other imaginative events. At the same time, the two learn patience and the courage to bear misfortune and come out the stronger for it.

Book Number: 18

Number Of Pages: 376

Book Title: Little Women

Summary: The story of four sisters growing up during and after the Civil War. While not materially wealthy, the family is rich in love. They make friends and have adventures despite worry for their absent father, away as a chaplain in the Union Army, and over the years, mature into young women who find loves and homes of their own.

Book Number: 19

Number Of Pages: 384

Book Title: Little Men

Summary: With two sons of her own, and twelve boys from ten to sixteen filling the small school at Plumfield, Jo March Bhaer couldn't be happier. But despite the warm and affectionate help of the whole March family, boys have a habit of getting into scrapes, and there are plenty of troubles and adventures in store for the extended March family.

Book Number: 20

Number Of Pages: 317

Book Title: Jo's Boys

Summary: Beginning ten years after Little Men, Jo’s Boys revisits Plumfield, the New England school - now a college - still presided over by Jo and her husband, Professor Bhaer. Jo remains at the center of the tale, surrounded by her boys - including rebellious Dan, sailor Emil, and promising musician Nat - as they experience shipwreck and storm, disappointment and even murder.

Book Number: 21

Number Of Pages: 288

Book Title: Eight Cousins

Summary: Orphaned Rose Campbell is put into the care of her Uncle Alec after her father's death. Alec, a free-thinking physician, encourages the delicate and ladylike 13-year-old to exercise and play with her seven boisterous male cousins. Over the next year, Rose grows in health and spirit.

Book Number: 22

Number Of Pages: 344

Book Title: Rose in Bloom

Summary: In this sequel to Eight Cousins, Rose Campbell returns home after two years of traveling around the world. Suddenly, she is surrounded by male admirers, all hoping she'll marry them. But before she marries anyone, Rose is determined to establish herself as an independent young woman. 

Book Number: 23

Number Of Pages: 246

Book Title: Virgins

Author: Caryl Rivers

Summary: Best friends Peg Morrison and Constance Wepplener are looking forward to senior year at their Catholic high school. Editors of the school paper and determined to not fall into the roles dictated by their gender and society, they do their best to make the year memorable with pranks and fun. Con meets and eventually marries a midshipman from the nearby US Naval Academy, while Peg sticks with her longtime boyfriend Sean despite his aspirations towards priesthood.

Book Number: 24

Number Of Pages: 370

Book Title: Girls Forever Brave and True

Author: Caryl Rivers

Summary: Peg Morrison and Constance Wepplener Masters have been best friends since high school, determined to be something other than housewives despite Con’s marriage right after graduation. Peg, a Pulitzer Prize-winning correspondent for the Tribune, is returning to Washington DC, deciding that at age 30, it’s time to settle down. Con, whose Navy husband is on assignment to the Pentagon, is a reporter for the Press-Herald, assigned to the party circuit but working to get the Hill. Together with Kitty Cohen, a widow and well-known political hostess, they’re determined to carve their place in a historically male-dominated city.

Book Number: 25

Number Of Pages: 216

Book Title: The Dalai Lama’s Cat

Author: David Michie

Summary: A tiny starving kitten, rescued from the slums, grows to health and maturity in the Dalai Lama’s household in Dharamshala. A cat of many names, His Holiness’ Cat observes life in the monastery, meetings with celebrities, and explores the town, while offering her own insights about Tibetan Bhuddism.

Book Number: 26

Number Of Pages: 208

Book Title: The Dalai Lama’s Cat and the Art of Purring

Author: David Michie

Summary: His Holiness’ Cat, now full grown, continues to observe people both within the monastery and in the city of Dharamshala. Her mission as posed by the Dalai Lama just before he leaves on an extended trip: discover the true cause of happiness.

Book Number: 27

Number Of Pages: 420

Book Title: Dawn of the Century (American Chronicles 1)

Author: Robert Vaughn

Summary:  A look at the first decade of the 21st century as experienced by the Canfield family of Missouri along with their friends and acquaintances all across the country.

Book Number: 28

Number Of Pages: 403

Book Title: Over There (American Chronicles 2)

Summary:  From the sinking of the Titanic to the Great War and the Spanish Flu, the Canfields and their associates experience loss as well as personal triumphs.

Book Number: 29

Number Of Pages: 422

Book Title: The Lost Generation (American Chronicles 3)

Summary:  As the 1920s roar, Bob Canfield has to protect longtime employees from the KKK while also helping WWI ace Rocky Rockwell start an air service in memory of his late brother Billy, who flew with Rocky during the war. Family friend Tanner Tannenhower moves to Paris and marries writer Eric Twainbough, while her German cousin Karl, devastated by the war and the ensuing inflation, joins the Nazi party in hopes of returning Germany to stability.

Book Number: 30

Number Of Pages: 373

Book Title: Hard Times (American Chronicles 4)

Summary:  Breadlines and hardship, the Great Depression moves young John Canfield to go to Washington to try to help the country get back on its feet. Del Murtaugh, who'd farmed for the Canfields, tries to start his own farm in Oklahoma, only to lose it to the Dust Bowl. Moving to California, he takes a job as a landscaper with a Japanese-American, Yutake Saito.

Book Number: 31

Number Of Pages: 418

Book Title: Portals of Hell (American Chronicles 5)

Summary:  WWII begins. Willie Canfield, a pilot, is called to duty, coordinating bombers out of England. Del Murtaugh becomes a business owner when Yutake Saito and his family are sent to an internment camp in Wyoming by the US government.

Book Number: 32

Number Of Pages: 352

Book Title: The Iron Curtain (American Chronicles 6)

Summary:  Atomic bombs fall on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, ending WWII. Karl Tannenhower is sentenced to prison during the Nuremburg Trials, when the Russians blockade Berlin, he offers information about anti-Communist Russians in exchange for sending his wife and daughter to St. Louis, where his cousin Tanner lives. Willie Canfield, recalled to duty to assist with the Berlin Airlift, brings the women to the US.

Book Number: 33

Number Of Pages: 371

Book Title: Cold War (American Chronicles 7)

Summary:  As the Cold War continues and the Space Race gets started, John Canfield makes a new political acquaintance: John F. Kennedy. Unrest erupts on the homefront with the beginnings of the Civil Rights Movement, unintentionally kicked off by a tired woman named Rosa Parks, who refused to give up her seat on the bus to a white person.

Book Number: 34

Number Of Pages: 357

Book Title: The New Frontier (American Chronicles 8 )

Summary:  New lawyer Alicia Canfield joins with others working to register Negro voters in the south, and winds up assisting in a court case when one of her group gets shot. The US gets involved in Vietnam. John Canfield witnesses the assassination of JFK.

Book Number: 35

Number Of Pages: 293

Book Title: Flower Children (American Chronicles 9)

Summary:  Protests polarize college campuses all across the US, as those who believe the war in Vietnam is unjust are encouraged to "tune in, turn on, and drop out." Tina Canfield, believing in the protests, runs away to San Fransisco, hoping to find a way to change the system for the better, only to be disillusioned.

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 372 (without counting the 200 and some pages of the appendices that I didn't read)

Book Title: Lord of the Rings : The Return of the King

Author: J.R.R. Tolkien

Summary: The war continues. Now frodo is into Mordor, continuing on his jourmey to destroy the ring while Minas Tirith is under attack. 

Book Number: 16

Number Of Pages: 693

Book Title: Three Women

Summary: Three books in one: Ring of Fear; The Mark of Merlin; & The Kilternan Legacy - Murder mystery romances, each with its own plucky heroine.

Book Number: 17

Number Of Pages: 511

Book Title: The Wildflowers

Author: Harriet Evans

Summary: One family's decades of secrets slowly unravel as the past catches up with them.

Book Number: 18

Number Of Pages: 310

Book Title: Everything, Everything

Author: Nicola Yoon

Summary: Maddy's life is fairly predictable, until the day Olly moves in next door.

10 hours ago, Lagie said:

Number Of Pages: 693

Book Title: Three Women

Summary: Three books in one: Ring of Fear; The Mark of Merlin; & The Kilternan Legacy - Murder mystery romances, each with its own plucky heroine.

I would usually count those type of books as 3 different books (especially if they exist in a separate version). 

7 hours ago, Little-Star said:

I would usually count those type of books as 3 different books (especially if they exist in a separate version). 

I can change that! Thanks for letting me know.

hello! i found this thread again when i was looking for something else.... thought i'd pop in, say hi, and join... if y'all have me. :D

to the best of my knowledge, i've never read 250 books in a year - the most i read since i started recording my reading has been 110 back in 2011.... and then i learned crochet and only read 52 books in 2012! XD (my goodreads link is the "g" in my sig, and i also have my current book i'm reading in my sig as well.)

since august 1, i've read 10 books already, but i know they don't count.... but we'll see how it goes.  i use the calendar year for keeping track of my books goal, so this will be different.  every year, my goal is to "read more than last year."  sometimes it doesn't work - in 2019 i read 45 books, but in 2020 i only read 36.  however, this year, my current book is #48 for this year :)

so ...hello!

Hello! :) And welcome! 

Okay... fixing #16, so it is now #16, #19, and #20.

Number Of Pages: 251

Book Title: Ring of Fear

Summary: The brutal murder of her father keeps Nialla Dunn on the move and in disguise. Falling in love with Rafe Clery is the last thing on her mind.

Book Number: 19

Number Of Pages: 176

Book Title: The Mark of Merlin

Summary: Even powerful blizzrds can't keep Carla Murdock from finishing her father's last mission for military intelligence.

Book Number: 20

Number Of Pages: 266

Book Title: The Kilternan Legacy

Summary: Irene Teasey and her twins have barely arrived in Ireland when trouble strikes. Sleazy land developers make a play for her newly-inherited property, and Irene finds herself attracted to the one man her Great-Aunt insisted she have nothing to do with.

Book Number: 21

Number Of Pages: 302

Book Title: Howl's Moving Castle

Author: Diane Wynne Jones

Summary: In the land of Ingary, Sophie attracts the unwelcome attention of the Witch of the Waste who puts a curse on her. Sophie travels to the feared moving castle seeking help from the wizard within.

Book Number: 22

Number Of Pages: 208

Book Title: Castle in the Air

Author: Diana Wynne Jones

Summary: South of the land of Ingary, a carpet merchant named Abdullah finds his daydreams start coming true.

Book Number: 23

Number Of Pages: 189

Book Title: All-of-a-Kind Family

Author: Sydney Taylor

Summary: In New York in 1912, five sisters share their everday adventures with family and friends.

Book Number: 24

Number Of Pages: 235

Book Title: Ballet Shoes

Author: Noel Streatfeild

Summary: The three adopted Fossil girls must make changes to their lives when the money runs out.

Book Number: 25

Number Of Pages: 395

Book Title: The Cafe by the Sea

Author: Jenny Colgan

Summary: Flora left the island of Mure years ago and hasn't looked back. Now she finds herself there for work and must decide where to focus her life.

Book Number: 26

Number Of Pages: 393

Book Title: The Endless Beach

Summary: Flora now runs tge Cafe by the Sea and, surprisingly, the former boss she's had a crush on for years seems to be falling for her, too.

Book Number: 27

Number Of Pages: 337

Book Title: Christmas on the Island

Summary: The Christmas season on Mure is stark, windy, icy, yet also festive and beautiful.

Book Number: 28

Number Of Pages: 344

Book Title: Christmas at the Island Hotel

Summary: On Mure, The Rock hotel is about to open, bringing together unlikely friends and romances.

Edited by Lagie
typo

Book Number: 1

Number Of Pages: 454

Book Title: The Towering Sky

Author: Katharine McGee

Summary: the conclusion of the Thousandth Floor trilogy 

Rating: 5/5, because that's what i give 99.99% of my books

(my note: #48 for 2021)

Edited by trystan

On 9/24/2021 at 8:13 AM, Little-Star said:

Just a small precision on what I count ok to count as separate book or not

If the book was published as one like a collection of short stories (like Four Past Midnight from Stephen King or some of the Sherlock Holmes novels) it won't count as multiple books. If you read something like Lord of the Rings, that the whole serie is edited in one book, I would count it as 3 books. 

If it was originally published in a collection but later on was published alone and you've have read that editon, it will count provided proof (because yeah I'm not aware of every thing that is done in the english world of books) 

Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 389 (I actually "read" it on audio but I got the page number from my paper copy)

Book Title:The Hobbit

Author: J.R.R Tolkien

Summary: Bilbo Baggings receive one day the visit of Gandalf and dwarves and goes with them to retake the mountain where Smaug the dragon is.

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages: 303

Book Title: Lègendes d'Ashur-Sin : Dingirsigs (book #3)

Author: Anne Robillard 

Summary: After Wellan was kidnapped by the enemy, he tries to find a way to get his magic powers back to be able escape and go back to his friends. 

Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 29

Number Of Pages: 288

Book Title: The Midnight Library

Author: Matt Haig

Summary: Between life and death, there is a library, in which the books allow Nora Seed - full of regrets and wanting to die - to live as if she had done things differently.

Book Number: 30

Number Of Pages: 301

Book Title: Navigating Early

Author: Clare Vanderpool

Summary: Sent to a boys' boarding school, Jack connects with Early, and the two become friends, setting off on a quest during a school break.

Book Number: 31

Number Of Pages: 344

Book Title: I Found You

Author: Lisa Jewell

Summary: Alice finds a man sitting on the beach outside her house. In London, newlywed Lily is anxious when her husband fails to return from work one day. Are they connected?

Book Number: 6

Number Of Pages: 296

Book Title: Community of Magic Pens

Editor: E.D.E. Bell

Summary: This is another Atthis Arts anthology about magical writing pens of all kinds and the situations they create/mitigate. Just a great fun anthology with a diverse range of writers and subject matter.

Book Number: 2

Number Of Pages: 322

Book Title: once a girl, always a boy

Author: Jo Ivester

Summary: a family memoir of a transgender journey

(my note: #49 for 2021)

Book Number: 6

Number Of Pages: 271

Book Title: Her Majesty the Queen Investigates : The Windsor Knot

Author: S.J. Bennett

Summary: After a Dine and Sleep at Windsor Castle, a young musician is found dead in his room. While the police was investigating, the Queen was unhappy with the way they were going, she conducted a secret investigation on her side.

Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 1

Number Of Pages: 528

Book Title:  Cold Days (Dresden Files #14)

Author: Jim Butcher

Rating: 3/5 (Not my fav in the series)
Note: Audiobook

Book Number: 32

Number Of Pages: 186

Book Title: Roller Skates

Author: Ruth Sawyer

Summary: Ten-year-old Lucinda's year in New York City began when her parents went to Europe and left her with Miss Peters who understood that she wanted to roller skate to school and make friends along the way. NYC in 189- is a lively place to be.

Book Number: 33

Number Of Pages: 388

Book Title: The Traitor's Game

Author: Jennifer A. Nielsen

Summary: Kestra Dallisor discovers that nothing is as it seems in the kingdom of Antora, where her father is second-in-command to the despotic king.

Book Number: 34

Number Of Pages: 324

Book Title: One Child

Author: Torey Hayden

Summary: Six-year-old Sheila was abandoned by her mother on a highway when she was four. Everyone thought she was beyond salvation, except her teacher, Torey Hayden.

Book Number: 35

Number Of Pages: 264

Book Title: The Tiger's Child

Author: Torey Hayden

Summary: Years after the events of One Child, Torey locates Sheila again and reacquiants herself with the now teenage girl.

Edited by Lagie
typo

Book Number: 7

Number Of Pages: 315

Book Title: Cobayes : Anita

Author: Marilou Addison

Summary: (Horror book for adults)

Anita suffer from eating desorder (anorexia) and is always trying new ways to lose weight. One day she saw an ad in the newspaper and decide to join in a medecine testing when she saw that one of the possible side effect is a lose of weight. Whenshe got the first dose, everything goes wrong for her.

Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 336

Book Title: The Plot

Author: Jean Hanff Korelitz

Summary: Jacob Finch Bonner wrote a best selling novel, but now he teaches an MFA seminar at a no-name college... and then his arrogant, narcissistic student brags that he's got a plot that'll blow everyone away.  after the MFA seminar, time passes.... but Bonner still hasn't seen his student's novel published.  so what happened to all that?

(my note: #50 for 2021)

Book Number: 8

Number Of Pages: 182

Book Title: Contes Interdits : Lr vilain petit canard (would translate as: The Forbidden Tales: The Ugly Duckling) 

Author: Christian Boivin

Summary: (Adult horror book) Clay work as an IT and has a boring live. One night his neighbour and her friend invite him in a illegal nightclub. From that night on, his live change as he now became a vampire. 

Can't believe I actually read it in one day 😮

Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 597

Book Title: The Alienist

Author: Caleb Carr

Summary: Laszlo Kreizler is an "alienist" - psychologist in 1896, and he and team of detectives and a police report for the NYT solve grusome murders by creating a profile of the killer. 

(my note: #51 for 2021)

Edited by trystan

12 hours ago, trystan said:

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages: 163

Book Title: Dune: The Graphic Novel, Book I

Author: Frank Herbert, Brian Herbert (adapter), Kevin J Anderson (adapter); Raul Allen (illustrator), Patricia Martin (illustrator)  

Summary: graphic adaptation of the first part of the first of Frank Herbert's massive, epic series.

(my note: #52 for 2021)

As I never read a graphic novel, I would like someone opinion on how to count it here. Would it fall under the novel rule of 100 pages or comics/manga rule of 500 pages ?