Moonlight_Eevee

Search Bar While Breeding

Revisiting this because I just bred my new valentine's to a completely wrong dragon when I was scrolling down. Wasn't even scrolling on the right side (was scrolling on the left and somehow bred this) https://dragcave.net/lineage/OP5wg

Here again to beg for the change!

Breeding on mobile is ridiculous! I too just had a number of misbreds this val with dragons that are not even in the view range because some ads on page suddenly 'remember' to load and expand just as I press breed. That added to the usual miss click while scrolling.

PLEASE!

Edited by camelia2

I support adding a search bar although I'm not sure I'd enjoy it if the dragons aren't links. Currently, we can right click and open dragons on the breeding page to double-check if it's the correct one, but on the fertility filter there is no way to open them in a new tab.

Overall, though, I think it would be a benefit to add a search.

I think if the no-dragon-links is a limitation of the system used for fertility, adding a column for lineage links would solve the issue nicely. 

Honestly it's not as bad on desktop for obvious reasons, but anyone with 1k+ dragons can probably corroborate that searching through that many dragons for one specific dragon is still a Trial even with minimized misclick risk.

Edited by Guillotine

I barely breed things anymore because it's such a pain. We really NEED something, and the fact that it already exists in fertility makes it an even more glaring issue.

On 2/22/2022 at 1:31 AM, ciey said:

I support adding a search bar although I'm not sure I'd enjoy it if the dragons aren't links.

Agree that there needs to be some way to check the lineage if we have any question about whether it is the right dragon or not.

Bumping this thread because I really really want a search bar in breed, and also because I have something to add:

I would like any search bar in the Breed action, similar to the ones in Fertility/add dragons in groups I suppose. I realise the list is sorted differently in Breed, however: if a straightforward search bar is hard to implement (not sure why it would be, though), I thought it could be fixed by having two separate mate lists in the Breed action.

1) Dragons bred before would show up in the first list, with columns specifying when they were last bred together / a link to the mate's progeny page (if they have any), or maybe just the mate's view page / or, if they were rejected, "rejected". This list may or may not have a search bar, and would be sorted the same as the breed list we have now, minus the numerous not-yet-mated dragons.

2) A second list that is exactly the same as Fertility, with a search bar. Except instead of the 'already fertilised dragons' showing up as gray/unclickable, the dragons in the first list would be listed as such. Or maybe, like in groups, they won't show up on the second list at all.

Dragons on breed cooldown could appear as "This dragon has bred recently", especially for the first list.

In short: a list of mates, and another list of potential mates. I thought of this because I usually breed my dragons to ones they've bred with before.

I would also love to have search bar for breeding. It all can stay as it is - just add search option, like it is in fertility. I like the fact that past succesfull mates are lined on the top of the list - but breeding some dragon for the first time on mobile and searching for the mate manually is just pain. :(

Yes PLEASE, full support! It could just be like the Fertility BSA, where you can search for the name, or it could work for name and/or breed! But honestly, just any kind of filter at all would be great!

Filters, Search, Anything! Just give us anything decreasing list of dragons on breeding page ;-; even if i give name (which still have too low letter limit to write all info about that dragon for projects) to dragon to have ctrl+f useablem, page is still extremally heavy. 

I'd be happy if eligible dragons in a group were moved to the top of the list.  I have a few groups that are for my breeding projects, and it'd be nice if the potential mates within the group were at the top of the list, instead of wherever that breed falls in the overall list.

4 hours ago, Maia NaViolith said:

I'd be happy if eligible dragons in a group were moved to the top of the list.  I have a few groups that are for my breeding projects, and it'd be nice if the potential mates within the group were at the top of the list, instead of wherever that breed falls in the overall list.

technically this is already a thing. All dragons that have already been bred don't appear on the list, and at the very bottom are the dragons that the dragon you're trying to breed has rejected, and the rest are eligible to breed. but being able to filter via groups would be really helpful. Just give us anything at this point aaaa

Loading could be significantly shortened for already mated dragons if we had a toggle to limit it to loading just the previous mates, preferably applicable before the mates list loads in full or it would defeat the purpose of this suggestion. Extra benefit: any lifemated dragons - shorter loading and no chance for a missclick on an undesired new mate.
I think the breeding list could first load just the previous mates, and have a "show more" button under the previous mates to load the rest. 
Or as a tick-untick toggle on the action page, next to the Breed action. The latest setting should be remembered, and could be individual for each dragon and work as an additional way to mark things. 

Aside to that, yes, filter like for Fertility, with the tags Encyclopedia has.

19 hours ago, Impulsive_Egg said:

technically this is already a thing. All dragons that have already been bred don't appear on the list, and at the very bottom are the dragons that the dragon you're trying to breed has rejected, and the rest are eligible to breed. but being able to filter via groups would be really helpful. Just give us anything at this point 

That's kind of my point.  For example, in a project with lunar heralds, the eligible mates are somewhere in the middle of my listing.  My wish would be that the "shares a group" set get auto-sorted to the top, the lunar heralds that could be bred would be at the top (minus the handful of rejected mates, I have had to reshuffle a few times because of that), and then all the other dragons.

4 hours ago, Maia NaViolith said:

That's kind of my point.  For example, in a project with lunar heralds, the eligible mates are somewhere in the middle of my listing.  My wish would be that the "shares a group" set get auto-sorted to the top, the lunar heralds that could be bred would be at the top (minus the handful of rejected mates, I have had to reshuffle a few times because of that), and then all the other dragons.

Better, I think, if there were an ability to filter by group because what about somebody who puts dragons that they don't want to breed together in a group?  That would be a pain to have every dragon you absolutely do not want it bred with at the top of your list every time.

3 hours ago, KageSora said:

Better, I think, if there were an ability to filter by group because what about somebody who puts dragons that they don't want to breed together in a group?  That would be a pain to have every dragon you absolutely do not want it bred with at the top of your list every time.

I could definitely work with that.  

If a search bar could be implemented within groups as well as scroll wide, and then use names / codes as well as tags with perhaps #cb #2g #body morph, etc.

I organize my dragons in naming them but i know not everyone does, however limiting the number of dragons that pops up on the breeding page by any sort of means would get my +1

Bumping this: everyone wants it

On 2/22/2022 at 7:37 PM, Miltank said:

I barely breed things anymore because it's such a pain. We really NEED something, and the fact that it already exists in fertility makes it an even more glaring issue.

Seriously this..

If breeding mechanics were as simple as using fertility, life would be so much easier...