TJ09

DC Lore AMA

The description of the Neglecteds states that they stay with their masters for protection because they tend to be weaker than other breeds. Are they just cautious just in case or do other breeds actively hunt them or attack them because they look sick?

Some species of animals deliberately shun weak members of their herd/group/whatever because they'd draw predators, and end up pushing them away from the group.

I mean... people do it too. When people have deformities or mental illnesses, or even don't have the 'ideal body type', they're rejected by most people. It's sad, but true. Neglecteds probably do need protection because face it, they're sick, they're weak, and they're ugly(Well to most people, I like how they look. xd.png) so other dragons probably want nothing to do with them.

How do we force dragons to breed?

We don't. It's a game thing.

This.

I've already stated that it's unlikely that there are thousands of people that each raise and "own" hundreds of dragons (both for scale reasons and for "owning beings of roughly similar intelligence levels to yourself" reasons). Thus, dragon-raising, while still a thing, is unlikely to be a popular or large thing.

So there's no forcing to be had.

Are there dragon societies like there are human societies, or are dragons more like wild animals? For example, would dragons ever build things like towns or make scientific or magical discoveries? I'm just wondering how advanced dragons are, since most of them are sentient and possess human-like intelligences or even higher.

I'm going to assume that two-headeds and drakes can't breed with other dragons because genetic problems, although that's true for everything else but two-headeds might be worse.

Is it an instinct? Do drakes and two-headeds breed outside of their species in the wild?

I'm going to assume that two-headeds and drakes can't breed with other dragons because genetic problems, although that's true for everything else but two-headeds might be worse.

Is it an instinct? Do drakes and two-headeds breed outside of their species in the wild?

Drakes are most definitely, 100% a separate species from dragons; interbreeding would not be physically possible. And really, the same is probably true for wyverns, eastern dragons, western dragons, amphipteres, sea dragons, etc.

Are there dragon societies like there are human societies, or are dragons more like wild animals? For example, would dragons ever build things like towns or make scientific or magical discoveries? I'm just wondering how advanced dragons are, since most of them are sentient and possess human-like intelligences or even higher.

Dragons have established "culture" and "society," but that doesn't mean it resembles our own. They are subject to a completely different set of physical/biological constraints, which would mean things turned out differently for them than they did for us. e.g. "building" things is less important to them, and communities integrate with nature rather than humans' attempts at walling it off.

Dragons have established "culture" and "society," but that doesn't mean it resembles our own. They are subject to a completely different set of physical/biological constraints, which would mean things turned out differently for them than they did for us. e.g. "building" things is less important to them, and communities integrate with nature rather than humans' attempts at walling it off.

I must admit that this idea intrigues me.

THAT being said, I am assuming that different breeds might well differ culturally in some ways. (THOUGH I fancy that the cultures of dragon breeds would have more in common with each other than they would with human cultures.) FOR instance... I would HAVE to think that White dragons' culture would differ from that of black dragons, given that their temperaments differ so drastically.

Edited by Silverswift

I just have a simple question: why vampires cannont bite ubs, two-heads and drakes? Because they are lack of blood, or because their blood taste horrible?

I just have a simple question: why vampires cannont bite ubs, two-heads and drakes? Because they are lack of blood, or because their blood taste horrible?

I could be wrong,but I always got the feelingthat feed ( drinking blood) and biting ( the BSA) were two totally different things.

That is... a vampire definitely could feed on the blood ofa pygmy, two-headed or whatev, but their eggs are unable to be turned due to the differences genetically ( AKA,basicallyt he same reasonsa normaldragon cannot breed with a twoheaded, drake or so forth). It just doesn't work. If I am worn about this please correct me.

Since I'm sure you mentioned that doc isn't conne to our world and that it probably takes way more time than a few days for dragons to grow up, why aren't bright pinks breeding? 200 years of cave time would probably mean at most once every week our time.

I have a ton of questions about vampires

are vampires disliked or feared by the other dragons?

do they act like normal dragons that happen to drink blood and sleep curing the day or are they monstrous and more beast like resembling the original vampires that only care about feeding?

dose the vampire steal the eggs when it bites it or do the parents keep or abandon it to die?

if they abandon it who takes care of it?

are vampires viewed as vermin/nucences?

I must admit that this idea intrigues me.

THAT being said, I am assuming that different breeds might well differ culturally in some ways. (THOUGH I fancy that the cultures of dragon breeds would have more in common with each other than they would with human cultures.) FOR instance... I would HAVE to think that White dragons' culture would differ from that of black dragons, given that their temperaments differ so drastically.

Temperments and culture vary, especially since they're technically not actually all the same species like they are on the site, though there are also some overarching ties across breeds. That is, you are correct that breeds have more in common with each other than with humans.

They cannot bite those eggs in the "act as a parasite and mutate the egg" manner, which means there's nothing to represent on-site.

In real life, there's genes. So why doesn't a lineage of alts make an alt more likely?

Because real life is a lot more complex than an online game.

Game design (and interaction design as a whole) usually sacrifices realism/accuracy for simplicity/ease-of-understanding.

Since I'm sure you mentioned that doc isn't conne to our world and that it probably takes way more time than a few days for dragons to grow up, why aren't bright pinks breeding? 200 years of cave time would probably mean at most once every week our time.

I don't follow your logical flow. I don't understand how the presence of bright pinks is expected to relate to the time scales of the cave.

What do dragons in the wilderness do?

If a frozen hatchling was released, would it still find a parent or adult dragon to take care of it?

I have a ton of questions about vampires

are vampires disliked or feared by the other dragons?

Vampires act as predators of other dragons--of which they certainly aren't the scariest or most prevalent. Other dragons probably treat them the same as any other thing that can kill them (and they certainly wouldn't leave their babies around them), but there's no superstition like we have around vampires.

do they act like normal dragons that happen to drink blood and sleep curing the day or are they monstrous and more beast like resembling the original vampires that only care about feeding?

I'm not sure those are two mutually exclusive options.

dose the vampire steal the eggs when it bites it or do the parents keep or abandon it to die?

if they abandon it who takes care of it?

https://i.imgur.com/b4izghZ.jpg

are vampires viewed as vermin/nucences?

A nuisance has the connotation of something that's inconvenient or annoying, not an actual problem. And vermin is synonymous with parasite, apparently, which vampires are. So trivially, yes/no?

What do dragons in the wilderness do?
That's an oddly vague question. They do...dragon things?

If a frozen hatchling was released, would it still find a parent or adult dragon to take care of it?
It probably wouldn't need one.

Are the Glaucus Drakes inspired by these creatures?

user posted image

The colors and patterns are incredibly alike to this creature called "the blue dragon mollusk", and it has the Latin name "Glaucus Atlanticus". Too much of a coincidence, if you ask me. But I'm asking to be sure. biggrin.gif

Are the Glaucus Drakes inspired by these creatures?

http://amazinglist.net/wp-content/uploads/...-sea-slug-2.jpg

The colors and patterns are incredibly alike to this creature called "the blue dragon mollusk", and it has the Latin name "Glaucus Atlanticus". Too much of a coincidence, if you ask me. But I'm asking to be sure. biggrin.gif

That's exactly what they were inspired by, yes. There's also a Glaucus Wyvern in the completed sprites section that's also based on this slug.

I'd like to know something. How can zombie babies grow wings if they are dead? I thought you had to kill a hatchling with wings to have such a dragon.

I'd like to know something. How can zombie babies grow wings if they are dead? I thought you had to kill a hatchling with wings to have such a dragon.

The wings don't grow after death, the hatchling already had them when it died.

I'm wondering. Is it mere coincidence that both of Valkemare's moons are in the same phase all the time (since the release, at least), or are they in synch?

I'm asking because, if the latter is true, the smaller moon would have to be in the larger moon's Lagrangian Point L1. In effect, it would mean that the moons would by tied to each other by gravity. However, this situation is not stable - so what can we expect to happen to Valkemare's moons in the future?